Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
keep it 6 months more...the price will degrade by just 1-1.5k if u can keep it...else if u want money sell it

mastervk

In the zone
Flickr has increased free storage to one terabyte :)... Good news for all who want to store hi res photo.. Some other changes too..
I hope soon google and Microsoft will increase their storage too...

sujoyp

Grand Master
thats awesome news man...but I check daily and I didnt found any notification till yesterday....but what about the 200 pic limit....at least it should be 500 :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
thats the best news I got recently...thanks soo much..let me check flickr...I will upload full res pics then :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am messing with droplet pics and could not get any descent pic even after 50 shots and 2 tries ... anyways I found out the mistake I was doing...next time i will definitely get good shot..

Mistake - i was using shutter priority 1/200 with wireless flash ...but my cam didnt know that flash was trigerring ant it took f2.8 and all the shot got nearly out of focus ....then I tried manual mode with f8 and 1/200 ...shots were comming fine but I was tired to hold the packet in one hand and take shot from other hand...will try again

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Hope, soon we can see a good one from you.

I have doubt regarding DSLR shutter actuation.

When one wants to buy used DSLR, he wants to assess how much the camera was used by knowing shutter actuation. But what if the camera is used extensively for video recording??? Probably he used about 500 snaps for still photography and used 1000s of hours for video recording. How one could find out this? Is there any way??? :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL good question nac ...but can a person record that much video with a dslr ...i dont think so ...its just too hectic

1. u need external mic ...the internal one is mono mic and it records focus motor sounds
2. u need a proper gearset to fit dslr so u can record without any movement..
3. there is no continous focus in dslr ...even they say that, it doesnt matter ....even a slight moment will loose the focus and it will try to refocus again ...very bad...a mobile records better
4. not at all handy...or grip is very awekward for recording video...u may need some external grip which u can handle easily

and lastly sensor heating and damage chances with only 15 mins of recordin in HD due to fat system ...all is discouraging enough

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I think I have exaggerated too much. :)

Guess no way we can find it that they have extensively used it for video recording.

Earlier I have heard people using DSLR for video recording. But I lately I even see people using DSLR for candid videos. From proposal to wedding, short films and what not even feature films. Guess what, I was surprised when I see the names of the films where they used DSLR for filming.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes using high quality fast internal focussing lens and an external mic they can do that....also just the pro gearset to hold the dslr for long cost around 55k..i saw it ones selling

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I wanted to ask one more doubt... And you have raised that point in your previous post.

"DSLR don't AF when video recording" - I have read this earlier. But didn't catch my attention. But now I would like to clear it...

What does it mean actually? I have seen DSLR sample/test videos. It's fine and doing AF when recording video or the person who is filming was manually focusing??? I don't think so or it didn't seem so... Even the cheapest ones 1100D, D3100... What am I not getting with this...

yes using high quality fast internal focussing lens and an external mic they can do that....also just the pro gearset to hold the dslr for long cost around 55k..i saw it ones selling

You mean something like tripod? That's one helluva price...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Temperature does affect batteries, though I have usually heard of batteries draining quickly only in cold weather.
Sorry of hijacking the post here... Just didn't want to clutter the thread. :)

Me too have heard it happens in cold weather... But it has happened once before (as far as I can remember) camera displays this warning message "change batteries" when I shooting out in the sun. There was about ~40% battery life when I turned on the camera. I was there for about 15 minutes and took 7 shoots, there came the display and lens retracted and camera turned off. May be my camera have this tendency??? (is this a right word) to act like this.

raja manuel

In the zone
Did you note what the maximum temperature was that day? I am a bit surprised that warm temperatures in India can affect temporary battery performance. Warmer weather, of course, shortens battery life (major problem for electrical vehicles in India) but you seem to be experiencing a temporary problem. Warm weather causes battery fluids to evaporate, but again that is a permanent effect and I very much doubt it can happen in 15 minutes.

I have used my Fujifilm AV100 for hours together in hot weather when visiting a tourist site with no issues at all. At other times I have experienced a very similar problem to yours even when in an air conditioned room! I put it down to a combination of cheap camera and old batteries. What camera/batteries do you use that causes this problem?

One trick that sometimes works for me is to remove and replace the batteries.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It was hotter than today, so assuming 38 - 40 degree C. I felt the heat all over the camera, lens barrel (not the one retracts), camera top, side everywhere.

God!!! It wasn't leaking.

Common!!! Raja. It's not a trick. We have to remove and replace with the fresh pair of batteries. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
I wanted to ask one more doubt... And you have raised that point in your previous post.

"DSLR don't AF when video recording" - I have read this earlier. But didn't catch my attention. But now I would like to clear it...

What does it mean actually? I have seen DSLR sample/test videos. It's fine and doing AF when recording video or the person who is filming was manually focusing??? I don't think so or it didn't seem so... Even the cheapest ones 1100D, D3100... What am I not getting with this...

You mean something like tripod? That's one helluva price...

Nac that true...DSLR's dont autofocus properly....thats coz of the lens...when you put a lens on infinity focus and around f8 ...u can use it like normal point and shoot video recorders...but if u want bokeh in video just like professional videos have u need to put it around f2.8 or f4 ...now if u put the aperture soo big there is very small margin to make any error coz the focus area becomes very small...now DSLR have a option called continious focus...that means it will track the subject and keep it in focus...but for that it continously focusses and in the video it will be like focus and out of focus continously

Top Bottom