Camera talk...

raja manuel

In the zone
So you merely want to create a web page with links to all the photos that are uploaded to multiple other photo sharing websites, with some kind of hierarchical order? Wouldn't a blog post do for this?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:high5: There you go man... You got it.:cloud9:

Me creating a webpage :D. It would be good if there is a website which offers this kinda service.

:) Ok, here it is.

I don't want to or have the intention to upload the pictures there.

As you guys know that I am learning to take better photographs and doing some exercises. And there are some participation as well. As one of our member suggested to post the links in the first post, so that people can easily navigate. I will do that, and I also would like to put the images of all the participants in one place (here the website comes). It will look good and easy to view all the pictures in one place. If I can create a folders/sub folder, I can paste this link there. And all the photos pertaining to particular exercise will be in one place.

I want to know if there is any website where I can share the links of the photos which are uploaded somewhere else (not here in the same site, from other sites)

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
my friend has a SONY HX200v cam. he is trying to shoot with background defocus. He has done the following steps:

1) From SCN select BACKGROUND DEFOCUS.
2) From Menu select HIGH defocus
Now on screen it appears TRACKING FOCUS. Recommended distance to object is 30 cm.

what does that mean?
a) should he move towards the object with the camera and reduce the distance to 30 cm between the cam and the object?
b)should he increase the zoom?
c) how will he able to understand that the recommended distance has been fulfilled?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It just displays the information, I think. It doesn't mean that you can't take photograph.

I don't own HX200V... If I remember correct, Sony cameras automatically changes to macro to normal focus. So @ wide angle, you can go as close as 1cm to take photograph.

a) I don't know what exactly it means "30 cm". Whether you need 30cm distance between background and the subject for the effectiveness of this defocus option. I don't know. But you can still take pictures, I think.
b) Not necessarily, unless he wants to
c) Refer (a)

Check youtube if there is any video regarding this...

And as far as I know, nobody here owns HX200V.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
the background defocus on the newer sony camera's automatically sets the aperture at the widest value to get most defocus. Don't know about the recommended distance, the camera will focus automatically.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
In Fuji HSxx, this defocus works by blending two pictures, If I remember correct. One focused on the subject and the other totally out of focused shot. We dont get to see two pictures but one "defocused" image.

quagmire

Allllright !
Guys another of my crazy doubts.
While taking multiple images of the same subject but at different times (like one today another tomorrow etc), is there something like a composition assist s/w or mode in the camera which shows the the translucent image of the previous one to help compose the subsequent one?
(This would help in making long time delay timelapse when camera has to be moved inevitably?)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I've used a HX9V (not mine) & the background defocus is definitely not from the lens, I think the camera does some kind of processing.
The distance is supposed to be between the subject and the camera, for (c) I think you need to approximate whether the subject is the sharpest otherwise don't choose the high defocus option then you can get a little further & it still blurs the background.

I loved this feature on that camera. It defocusses background while shooting people more than any other camera I've used.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
While taking multiple images of the same subject but at different times (like one today another tomorrow etc), is there something like a composition assist s/w or mode in the camera which shows the the translucent image of the previous one to help compose the subsequent one?
(This would help in making long time delay timelapse when camera has to be moved inevitably?)
I don't know. But heard of this technique/technology was used in Kamalhassan's movie Aalavandhan/Abhay a decade ago.

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac there is a website...but I dont remember it anymore...do you remember I made a website sort of online ..we just need to put up links there...but i lost the website now...

raja manuel

In the zone
Guys another of my crazy doubts.
You can do this in a Canon DSLR using Magic Lantern. This video has a demo:
Magic Lantern - Ghost Image on Vimeo

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
nac there is a website...but I dont remember it anymore...do you remember I made a website sort of online ..we just need to put up links there...but i lost the website now...

:(
No, I don't remember. If you ever come to remember that website, please let me know.

nac but I was actually saying that I have all the cheap lenses and invested far less then others ....just think how much people spend for nice gears ..
Total Expenditure - 80k including DSLR+5 lens+2 bag+tripod+flash+trigger

Please don't mind for hijacking the post here... Already there were lot of posts off topic in photography thread, so...

You have tamron 17-50, you can sell your kit lens, right?

Yeah, people are spending a lot for photography hobby.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah thats right we were discussing a lot there ... yes I can sell the kit...but the question is who will buy it ...BTW I still love the VR on it..its really an advantage over 17-50 2.8

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't check WTB section, but I saw one askin' for it. If you think keeping the lens is worth more than selling, it's better to keep it. I didn't sell my old cell phones, as I feel that it's worth more than what I can get by selling it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
but the problem with lens is it gets fungus if not used ....my 50mm got lots of fungus due to this ..

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have read when people discussing about fungus in forums. But I never understood the depth of it. What's it do with lens? But it seemed little serious if didn't take good care of the lens. Is there any way to prevent it?

Wait ::shock: Does my camera lens prone to fungus growth? I never thought of this. All these times I thought this is something to do with DSLR lens.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am sorry I donno if ur cam lens can get fungus ...but most of the times its due to humidity ...now humidy is strange, we can not keep the lens in a dark box for long coz there chances of fungus is max and humidity high....and we can not keep the lens in air tight box coz due to no humidity the lens fluid will dry and the lens would not rotate or get jammed

Soo the solution is took all the lens everyweek and shoot some pics in open light ...if too many lenses are there then just un cap the lens from both sides and keep them in light .

And if u have costly lenses better to buy a 12000 dry cab with auto humidity control and keep all unused lenses inside it ...

even my Tamron 17-50 have some fungus coz it was in my friends closet for 2 months in kolkata ...and i am bit sad about it..

fungus normally keeps on growing...and can not be cleaned manually...we should keep on shooting with fungus lens till its unbearable...then give it for servicing and they may charge from 1000-3000 according to size of lens and severity of issue.

mastervk

In the zone
I have lens with fungus. My tokina macro lena had fungus bit is dead fungus. If we use lens regularly and humidity is normal then fungus should not be a problem. In places like chennai and other high humid area this is a serious issue. Best solution is digicabi.
I have asked some local photo studio guys and they generally don't own a digicabi. They all told me to just wrap the lens in newspaper.
So that's what I do along with keeping lot of silica gels..

Top Bottom