Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
once upon a time panasonic TZ10 beat all others....but TZ20 was not that success coz of its ISO...lets see TZ40 performance

quagmire

Allllright !
Canon launches 12 new cameras in India

EOS series : EOS 100D, EOS 700D, EOS C100 and EOS-1DC
IXUS series : IXUS 135, IXUS 255HS, IXUS 140, IXUS 132
PowerShot series : PowerShot 3500IS , PowerShot N, PowerShot A2600 and PowerShot A2500

The prices for the devices are as follows:

PowerShot 2500 — Rs 5,995
PowerShot 2600 — Rs 8,995
PowerShot A3500 IS — Rs 9,995
PowerShot N — Rs 20,995
IXUS 132 — Rs 7,995
IXUS 135 — Rs 10,995
IXUS 140 — Rs 12,495
IXUS 255 HS — Rs 12,995
EOS 100D — Rs 48,995
EOS 700D — Rs 53,995
EOS C100 — Rs 5,00,000
EOS-1DC — Rs 9,00,000

- Source

sujoyp

Grand Master
kya mazak hai...That 100D cost 49k :D :D its just an upgrade of 1100D

700D is ok as 650D is still 45k around

sujoyp

Grand Master
Get the benro T600ex...you dont have much choices

but dont take too much risk with that cheap tripod...it may fall off in windy situation

game-freak

In the zone
Get the benro T600ex...you dont have much choices

but dont take too much risk with that cheap tripod...it may fall off in windy situation
i was interested in buy vanguard alta pro but its too expensive

second choice was Rollei Prego B0515 but its out of stock on flipkart and not abl to find it elsewhere

sujoyp

Grand Master
vanguard alta pro is damn costly I think 5k+ ....if u want lots of choices then check Gaffarbhai and Sons

you will get all models of benro here...you can also talk to them and ask for suggestions :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes for the time being its ok choice...but when you get bigger lenses u will have to get a new tripod

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello everyone, since this is a thread that caters to general chit chat concerning cameras, I felt it is best I post my queries here.
:wave: :smile:

One of my cousin sisters got the Nikon Coolpix L120 as a gift for her birthday in October 2011, but sadly she did not seem enthusiastic about photography at that point in time, and as a result the camera lay in a corner enclosed within its box for almost 2 years. But now, she has developed a sudden interest in photography, which I believe is all thanks to her new circle of friends, albeit she looks at the Nikon Coolpix L120 as a 'crude' camera.
:chinscratch:

Bearing in mind my cousin sister has finally developed what seems to be a keen interest in photography, which book would be a good suggestion/recommendation for her beginner status?
:reading:

I have also been wondering, if the Nikon Coolpix L120 is really not a good/decent point and shoot camera? What fundamental features must be considered whilst choosing an 'apt' point and shoot camera?
:crazy: :ashamed:

I await your replies.
:smile:

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Digital Photography Tips for Beginners

Start with this...

For learning, cameras with manual controls would be good.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

If one wants to learn photography from scratch, from where one should start to learn...

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
hi fellas, if u remember i bought a nikkor 50mm 1.8g some 6months back and i've hardly shot anything with it and i plan to sell it, how much do u think i should quote, i original got it for Rs 13750/- and also i do all have the necessary docs

sujoyp

Grand Master
@insane....Nikon L series is for peoples who wants a superzoom for taking pics...not for photography enthusiasts.....you better get sony HX or canon SX series like sx260...these have manual modes to learn photography

@prabhu you have to sell it for around 10k or max 11k...but try using it y selling it

insaneYLN

In the zone
Digital Photography Tips for Beginners

Start with this...

For learning, cameras with manual controls would be good.

nac, thank you very much for the link and the suggestion.
:smile:

@insane....Nikon L series is for peoples who wants a superzoom for taking pics...not for photography enthusiasts.....you better get sony HX or canon SX series like sx260...these have manual modes to learn photography

sujoyp, thank you very much for shedding light on the Nikon L series cameras, and I will convey the information to my cousin sister. Apart from the Sony and Canon models you have suggested, I would like to know if there is/are camera model(s) in the Nikon brand, suited for photography enthusiasts?
:blink:

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes you can get nikon P series cameras which r targeted towards enthusiasts...it have manual modes

or you can check panasonic's TZ series..its also very capable and maybe better then nikon's P series

Top Bottom