Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know suddenly SX260 are selling around 17k in ebay. 25% off, it's a great deal...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
There is a mode in Sony NEX camera called Handheld Twilight that takes 6 images at high ISO and merges them so that noise is very effectively removed. Recently I found a software that lets you do it in a very simple manner. It can merge 2-6 shots and resulting image has much more details and lesser noise compared to the original shots. It also fixes small deviations in alignment so it may be useful for some point and shoot users here :)

Oh BTW the name of software is Oloneo PhotoEngine.

@nac I bought SX240 at 17.5K. :(

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
wow nac u r giving great news :grin: ....give some nice newz abt DSLR,flash,lenses too :wink:

:D

Thank you Prashant for the info...
You want GPS??? Yeah, you could have gotten it lesser price. You're using it for more than a month, right? It's worth more than the price difference of 1k...

tkin

Back to school!!
There is a mode in Sony NEX camera called Handheld Twilight that takes 6 images at high ISO and merges them so that noise is very effectively removed. Recently I found a software that lets you do it in a very simple manner. It can merge 2-6 shots and resulting image has much more details and lesser noise compared to the original shots. It also fixes small deviations in alignment so it may be useful for some point and shoot users here :)

FZ150 also has a similar mode, intelligent night or something.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Sony Cybershot RX100 now available in India for 34990.
20.2 megapixel Exmor R 1.0 inch sensor
f1.8 carl zeiss lens (28-100mm range)
3.6x optical zoom
1080p 28mbps 60 fps video Recording.

Most review sites have declared it the best compact digital camera ever and is also the highest selling camera currently in USA. :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
sony rx100 at 34k is still costly...and those type of cams dont sell well in india...pana LX5 , canon g12 ad canon S100, Nikon P7000 all r like that...i mean in that segment

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sony Cybershot RX100 now available in India for 34990.

Most review sites have declared it the best compact digital camera ever and is also the highest selling camera currently in USA. :p

I don't know why it takes so much time to be available in India.

Yeah, expert reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Hope the price comes down soon... ;)

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Actually there was supply issue due to the unexpectedly high demand in USA. RX100 has been No.1 selling camera (spanning all categories - Compact, DSLR, EVIL) on Amazon since it went on sale.

And I'm sure they will sell quite a few of these in India as well since not everyone wants to carry around a huge DSLR or even EVIL with lens everywhere for taking great pictures. This is a very versatile little camera with image quality far superior to conventional compact cameras and even bridge cameras. Especially color accuracy is quite brilliant with almost perfect skin tones :)

Not to mention this does shoot RAW and has full manual controls even for video.

Also watch this video guys ;)

And a nice video showing what the RX100 is capable of

P.S. RX100 is MADE IN JAPAN :D which also contributes to the premium pricing.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
EVIL = Electronic Viewfinder, Interchangeable Lens ....soo SLT and mirrorless m4/3 and 4/3 comes in EVIL

BTW for 34k I would prefer a Olympus EPM1 +kit anyday...soo that I can add slim and sexy prime lens and a zoom lens later

It will be small and have the option of upgrade later...we can buy accessories like OVF,Flash,filter for it

And it have a bigger sensor,smaller body,more dynamic range and high ISO range then any 1" sensor camera :D

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Someone enlighten me why these high end compacts have so less zoom? usually in the 3-7x range?

Also when we say minimum focusing distance, is it measured from the viewfinder or farther end of lens?

sujoyp

Grand Master
high end compacts try to give you slightly bigger sensor ...which need bit larger lens too ..more zoom larger lens..and if its aperture is more the circumference of lens will also increase..

Now if u have seen nikon 18-55 VR f4-5.6 kit lens u would notice that although its just a 3x lens but its very big...thats coz its made for big sensors...u can even compare nikons smallest lens 50mm to a compact and the lens will look big..

Also most P&S have retractable zoom lens which will be difficult with larger glass...thats the reason 800mm lens in DSLR world have to carry in a trolly where a 800mm lens in a superzoom is just a handfull :D

--------------------------------------------
Minimum focus distance is calculated from the sensor in DSLR ...donno about digital cameras

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for clarification. I saw a nex5 manual it has a minimum focus distance of 25 cm but the but a diagram showed that this 25 included the thickness of camera and lens too. However the newly launched sx500 has minimum focus distance of 0cm so I got confused :confused:

sujoyp

Grand Master
minimum focus distance of 0mm :D does that mean i will stick my camera lens to an object to take its pic....it maybe useful for taking pic of an eye ;)

BTW in jjmehta forum there was a seller selling his Olympus EPM1 body for 11k ...it is such a tempting offer ...my mind actually got disturbed :D :D ...he is selling the 14-42 kit lens for 13k...but i was more interested to use the m4/3 cam with manual lens ;)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Recently, Nikon announced android powered camera and now Samsung joins the league with it's galaxy series cameras. Will this galaxy be as successful as mobile?

Samsung Galaxy Camera 4G: Digital Photography Review

4.8" touch screen :wow: If we look from back side of the camera, it looks almost like a mobile phone...

sujoyp

Grand Master
any ways who buys samsung cameras....they r trying mobile way here....1st give cheap android cameras and if they sell..they will increase the quality slowly with increase in price...

but that dont work here...didnt they heard about leica cameras or carl zeiss lens...who sell solely on quality without a gimmick

Top Bottom