Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I really loved RX100 .....but as you all know I already have a dslr system...and lots of money invested there...for a starter who have no intention to do photography but do not want to compromise with quality of his pic..
@gen I am not sure about the quality of bokeh or OOF background you will get with rx100...but a similar priced dslr + 50mm will produce pro level OOF

When I bought my first digicam the sony T100, it cost me 23k in 2007 ...if same situation today I would buy a RX100 :D

$hadow

Geek in making
So I purchased the camera today for and before buying I got it checked at the service center and the guy told me that this is not something which can interfere with the pics.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Congrats, the RX100 finally won you over. Waiting for pics now

Sujoy, even my first cam, sony w115 cost me almost 15k. It had a couple of features that even my NEX6 does not have

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Wowie kazowie!!! *www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/images/smilies/suprised.gifDid you guys see? Nikon has announced an 83x bridge...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
edit-i only seem to be post quoting you these days :D :p
Is that me? :D
wow thats awesome...I want to see birding performance and other specs ;)
Other than the zoom, nothing else is surprising. Oh! price is... expected to be 600 grand. That's a lot, but that's where the other camera (SX60) is priced around.

The only good thing is, after a long time Nikon has brought faster lens (f/2.8) on bridge and @ tele it's f/6.5. Much better than SX60. It looks bigger than a DSLR and weighs a lot too. Will see how it's performs...

Nikon P series bridge were not considered much when SX and FZ were doing great. Now...

Panasonic pretty much abandoned this segment by upping their FZ line with FZ1000.
Canon is on the way to make light weight bridge. In another a year or two, they will bring the 100x zoom with slowest lens f/5.6-f/11 ;)

Hrishi

Has anyone of you taken interest in Astro Photography ?
I am thinking of buying a mid-range telescope and a Lens Adaptor so as to attach my Dig-Cam to the Telescope.

I was wondering if someone on the forum has done it successfully yet.

From what I know , we need a T-ring and a pretty good telescope for the purpose. The results are pretty impressive and out of the world.

I couldn't find much online for my Sony Alpha and T Rings in India.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently there are 500-2400mm f/8 or f/11 mirror lenses for Cams but not sure if they really suffice for this purpose or not. For normal photography they are not much helpful because of the bizzare bookeh ( referring to the donuts ) they create in OOF images.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Has anyone of you taken interest in Astro Photography ?
I have. But just with my compact camera. I wanted to go to a place where there is little to no light pollution and do an astro photo shoot. With the help of map, less polluted places I find are reserve forest which I don't think is possible stay there in the middle of the night.

I might have come across one or two discussion about telescope and adapter, but don't remember if anyone have tried. DIY things are Anorion forte :) Ping him...

$hadow

Geek in making
Nikon Coolpix P900 point-and-shoot has a monstrous 83x zoom

edit-i only seem to be post quoting you these days :D :p

Well thanks for the link and do keep quoting me since I do not like no notification message when I log in. :mrgreen:

Top Bottom