This is in 1680x1050, AA, SSAO OFF.
*img36.imageshack.us/img36/8417/iw5sp2011111217415823.jpg

Same, AA 4X, SSAO ON.
*img853.imageshack.us/img853/7261/iw5sp2011111221431371.jpg

I don't see a difference !
About 25% completed, so far, I am very disappointed with the game :(

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Yeah I would have been very dissapointed to end up with a deja vu with no enhancements after paying ₹2500, it's not like the game is free.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Finished. It was pretty good at the end.
5½ hours! How short will these games gonna get in future !!!

*img714.imageshack.us/img714/1698/iw5sp2011111322081393.jpg

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup that's around 2000 crores INR. Gaming industry is much bigger than bollywood.:grin:

A quote from that article:
"Other than Call of Duty, there has never been another entertainment franchise that has set opening day records three years in a row. Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise exceed worldwide theatrical box office for 'Star Wars' and 'Lord of the Rings,' two of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time."

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Really.... Read it carefully. There has been no entertainment launch generating that much revenue. Forget about gaming. You call it initial rush:lol:

BF3's sales although very very good, are nowhere near call of duty. Its was some 3.5million units in the 1st day . Call of duty will reach the billion mark in no time just like its predecessors.

This game is good. No wonder people are rushing. A proven formula.

Soumik99

Journeyman
^Sales are not representative of the quality of a game. Everyone knew BF3 would sell less than MW3. Because MW3 is mainstream. Proven formula which has become stale. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found a very interesting read at IGN:-

This is a Bad Time to be an FPS Fan - PC Feature at IGN

Apparently this is what prompt the article:-

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

A score of 1.9/10 after 3252 votes. :shock:

Assuming you don't care about the poorly acted, nonsensical storylines, predictable AI, done-to-death use of military scenarios, corridor focused levels, and complete absence of challenge and ambition that infects the campaign modes of most of the current crop of blockbusters, then yeah - it's a great time to be an FPS fan. Just make sure that you only care about multiplayer, and you'll be fine.

The rest of us, though, should continue to make our feelings known. Maybe someone will sit up and take notice.

Unfortunately, I am one of those rest of us. :sad:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^Sales are not representative of the quality of a game. Everyone knew BF3 would sell less than MW3. Because MW3 is mainstream. Proven formula which has become stale. :)

:+1: MF Franchise is more popular & known to public...
& the gaming companies consider the hit~flop based on the total sales report.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
I would say one thing, MW3 is running on Full-HD on 60fps even on my laptop.
It doesn't looks bad. but i don't see any new features also. :|

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Well i would say it can be. Look good sales chart means fans expect the game to be good, take opinion of others who played the game and then make the purchase. Tell me a bad game which has sold incredibly? Apparently there are none. Good games only sell well and non of the call of duty series ( except call of duty 3) are bad. The 3rd version did not sell well due to this very reason.

MW3 has a much better campaign than BF3 and almost matches it in the multiplayer aspect. (Most tdf members here who played the game will agree and although the campaign is short, its thrilling to the every end).

So you have another winner there. Here we are not doing a BF3 vs MW3. Both are good in their respective places and in fact BF3 has successfully introduced a new formula. No one is going to say BF3 has sold bad. Its has also achieved tremendous sales figures and is the best yet from EA stables.

I would say one thing, MW3 is running on Full-HD on 60fps even on my laptop.
It doesn't looks bad. but i don't see any new features also. :|

You won't because it runs on the same engine with minor updates. "Why fix something if it ain't broke?" This has been call of duty's mantra.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ So you are saying that COD BO was a good game as it made a record right ??
COD is made for newbies. I mean do I have to point out numerous faults in a COD games.

Top Bottom