Calcutta/Kolkata - G2G Thread

Should every Get2Gether have a seperate thread or is this thread fine?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Who Cares/I dont no

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Tech.Masti said:
really?, not a bad idea :rolleyes: , but first consult our Mac Expert Arya8)
Actually, he did after you went your way. Dude couldn't believe that you could get eight core Mac Pro monster machines. I guess he had been listening to some people's rants for too long. :wink wink nudge nudge:

But fear not. He has been immunized for life now and any anti-Mac comments won't remain in the system for long now.

We also had some pretty raucous discussion on piracy with all of us agreeing that it is basically a good thing. I was declared the biggest pirate of them all. Gaurav is going to now download a copy of Mac OS X (and I am not assisting him with it). Bad boy - hurting uncle Apple.

soumya said:
arya...u using tiger? i guess we can't play games in mac like windows!
Yeah, proud Mac user here. :)

Yes, the list of games is not even nearly as expansive as for Windows. I could play games using Windows installed via Boot Camp though if I wanted to. Thankfully, I am not interested in gaming at all.

BTW, Macs do have some good games:
Age of Empires III
Call of Duty 2
Close Combat: First to Fight
Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
Doom 3
Halo: Combat Evolved
Prey
Quake 4
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked!
Shrek 2
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords
The Sims 2 (Family Fun Stuff; Nightlife; Open for Business; Pets; University)
Spider-Man 2 The Game
The Sims Life Stories
Unreal Tournament 2004
Warcraft III: (Reign of Chaos; The Frozen Throne)
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
Zoo Tycoon 2

Last edited:

n7610

Right off the assembly line
Even I also asked Arya that i may not be running MAC OS on the MAC Book pro, but i will buy a MAC Book in next few months only because there is, BootCamp....

I dont argue what is best MAC or Windows, but i am used to windows, therefore, i will use Windows Mainlly but as Apple now allowing BootCamp, therefore why not a Apple hardware to test the MAC OS

:D

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^Yep, will buy that with a lil help from Arya, he said he can siphon off some of the taxpayer's money. I m telling u people, this kid's got contacts.:D

Edit: Ahh....lil late in posting this, these kids are fast:-x

soumya

In the zone
@arya

is there a way to run tiger on a pc? and can u guide me through it? i am crazy to see mac in my lenovo!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gauravakaasid said:
I m telling u people, this kid's got contacts.:D
Well, you guys don't even know what sort of contacts I have. Your jaws will practically fall off if you did. :p

gauravakaasid said:
Edit: Ahh....lil late in posting this, these kids are fast:mad:
Who are you calling "kids" anyway! Dude, we know you footed the cheque. Does not make us teeny-weeny babies, you know. And if you think you're getting away with this adult nonsense the next time, you're going in the wrong lane. You don't even need to bring your purse the next time. (Uh... on second thought, you do. Metro mere naana ki to hai nahin!):lol:

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
soumya said:
@arya

is there a way to run tiger on a pc? and can u guide me through it? i am crazy to see mac in my lenovo!
Yes, there is. No, I cannot.

I am not crazy to see Mac OS X running on a Lenovo. The poor operating system does not deserve that kind of humiliation. (Don't mind me, I am a loud-mouthed idiot!)

n7610

i think Apple MAC OS ToS will not going to allow one to run a MAC OS in non apple hardware :( beside, I guess thats Hackintos rather than Macintos which will be running :lol:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
n7610 said:
yeah :lol:

we saw that Mr. Budhya Babu, called 3 times between our meet :lol:

:lol:
Yeah, didn't you see how the old nutter was bugging me? I tried to teach him how to know when someone is disconnecting your call on the other end but the guy is slower than a snail! Can't even use a mobile phone and made it to the CM post.

I had to ultimately recieve the phone and shout into it, "Quit your buggin', dude! Can't you see I'm trying to have a little meal here?" I think I'll have to make a little peace with him now - guy comes in handy sometimes. :D

n7610

Anyway Lets goto some more serious talk,

about that plan of Our Me and Gaurav for the Apple IPOD, he is interested in 30GB here as I am thinking of 80GB.... !!!!!!

:|

so, Saboo Computers or rather Apple Store !! what's it gonna be :?

n7610

Arya said:
Who are you calling "kids" anyway! Dude, we know you footed the cheque. Does not make us teeny-weeny babies, you know. And if you think you're getting away with this adult nonsense the next time, you're going in the wrong lane.

Stopp Raging that Big Bacha :lol: may be u will give him a fright :lol: and may b he wont turn up at the Next meet :lol:

And that would spoil all the fun, and plan what we will make :lol:

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^That's better, i was beginning to feel a lil old around here:D

And as for the Ipod, wats the price for the 30gig model at saboo?

@Bobby, kya hua yaar? kaha ho?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@soumya

why not thinking of Buying a MAC Desktop in next purchase rather than an Assembled Windows Based System ??

As BootCamp will allow u to run Both a OS, Tiger and XP/Vista on Dual boot, just like Running Windows XP and Windows Vista :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Naah, stick to Windows, the better operating system... (Ah! I just cracked a rib or something!)

... no... really... what! Why is everyone staring at me with eyes the size of saucers!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@aryayush

As Apple Launched the BootCamp, so its a good option for us, the Windows users to buy an Apple Hardware... Even if one doesnt like the MAC OS, (i know u may say its highly un-likely) one can use Windows without any problem, as the Hardware is now same...

Thanks to apple for the BootCamp launch !!!!

!!!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, the sales are going up, that's for sure. :p

Anyway, let's not get into Apple now. I could go on and on at that topic for days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom