Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Ur avatar is a DNA right ?

@ sjoardar It looks like a double helix, most likely some structure of some bunch of molecules like DNA maybe? How wrong am I? :D

You guys are absolutely right *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif! The avatar image is so small that I thought others may not be able to make out what it is. However, I am proud to say that my fellow Digitians have sharp eyes! :smile:

I chose this avatar pix from my collection accumulated in course of my long association with Computational Biology. I did not do any DNA modelling though, but only protein folding projects. Actually I wanted an image of one whole protein (an enzyme) from my projects as my avatar, but even I could hardly make out what it is! So I changed it.

BTW I have edited my sig to include my monitor which I could not accommodate in the sig earlier. :smile:

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
^That's one hell of an amazing config. :) Congrats to me on identifying that avatar. :D Nice to know more about you. :)

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
^^Thanks for the compliments. :smile:

Thanks for your tips for ad-free digit forum too. I am trying it out (I am a Firefox user). It looks great! I wish to reaffirm that after I use it for a week or so. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
^^Thanks for the compliments. :smile:

Thanks for your tips for ad-free digit forum too. I am trying it out (I am a Firefox user). It looks great! I wish to reaffirm that after I use it for a week or so. Thanks again!
Here is another tip. If you want a different theme and you are one of those like me, who think that the "new" theme is not pleasing to the eye, then have a look at this :

Install :
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108

Then restart FF and then go here :
*userstyles.org/styles/7329

Click on install with stylish. Done! You are good to go, enjoy the good old Kirsch theme. All credits to amitava82! :goodjob:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
^^Installed Stylish too. That's cool! Dunno whether it's an illusion, but fonts and other characters seem to stand out and seem more clear. Whatever it is, I like it and shall continue to use it, unless any problem pops up. Thanks a lot!

Krow

Crowman
^^Installed Stylish too. That's cool! Dunno whether it's an illusion, but fonts and other characters seem to stand out and seem more clear. Whatever it is, I like it and shall continue to use it, unless any problem pops up. Thanks a lot!
Its how this forum used to be, quite a while back. This is Digit's classic theme and IMO, its so much better, especially considering that the links can all now be seen in blue instead of black making it much easier to distinguish them from text. I find this one very pleasing to use. Enough :offtopic: now. :D Enjoy the new theme. :)

Arnab boss

In the zone
Guys Wht abt the mobo 785g chipset or 790g....?

my cpu is phenom 2 955 b.e and a Corsair tx 650 or tx 750....

Cooler chosen hyper 212 + as suggested...'

Now guys update with prices...'

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, 790G is better than 785G and this mobo is a real 790GX+SB750 diamond :p
MSI 790GX-G65 ( around Rs. 7-7.5K ) :p

Get TX750 ( around 8K ) as more power does not hurts :p

Hyper 212+ should be around Rs. 2.2-2.5K :p

layzee

■■■■■■
^^
Performance difference isn't much i guess if the guy gets a video card.
The Corsair HX620 should suffice !!
The Hyper 212 Plus is a decent entry level cooler.

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
TX750 - 7850/- + taxes
TX650 - 6875/- + taxes
HX620 - 7850/- + taxes
Hyper 212+ - 2100 + taxes

Biostar 790GX A3+ - 6300/- + taxes

Hope my fellow members will Love these Rates...
:D

Cheers,

Arnab boss

In the zone
Ga ma790gp - ud3h...is this is available here...?if yes then whts the price...!

Will this b good with phenom 955...?

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
Nops not on ready stock but certainly can try...BTW get the Zotac 9600GT with 5year warranty na..
9600GT 512MB 5025/-+tax
9600GT 1GB - 5225/-+taxes
or get the HD4770 - 6760/- Incl all taxes...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Why don't you suggest HD4850 or GTS250. I think those are better option for the setup he has :p

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
Well I think he is waiting for
Fermi... so costly ones are not his choice...
Said bout HD4770..aisehi :p
@vickybat
I have ASUS HD5850 only...thats only 1 available ATM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom