Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnab boss

In the zone
Guys which mobo to go for phenom 2 955...ga ma 790gp - ud3h....ga ma 785gt - us2h...'

Guys any other suggestion for this...'

Krow

Crowman
^That is, if you are OCing. Otherwise, the GA-MA785GMT-UD2H is a great board, haiving better onboard graphics.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys which mobo to go for phenom 2 955...ga ma 790gp - ud3h....ga ma 785gt - us2h...'

Guys any other suggestion for this...'

GA-MA790GP-UD3H does not support DDR3 - So it will not be future proof

The mobo Krow suggested supports DDR3

But I woild recommend MSI 790GX-G65 :p

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks guys....'but I heard that ga ma785gt -us2h isint good in xfire...

But its graphics and overall features r good...I kept in my choice and will go for it...but I want a vfm mobo as well as future proof so inquiring abt it...'

Guys so which one to go for 790 or 785 chipset... I will b xfiring later and oc it sometimes... Any gigabyte mobo with prices...?

Anubis

Courage to Know
thanks guys....'but I heard that ga ma785gt -us2h isint good in xfire...

But its graphics and overall features r good...I kept in my choice and will go for it...but I want a vfm mobo as well as future proof so inquiring abt it...'

Guys so which one to go for 790 or 785 chipset... I will b xfiring later and oc it sometimes... Any gigabyte mobo with prices...?

Asus M4A78T-E - 8.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - 12k

Both support crossfire @ single 16x and dual 8x and DDR3

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ga ma785gt -us2h supports hybrid cf menas yuou can only CF this mobo's onboard gpu with twoi low end cards only namely - HD3450/3470.

On the other hand 790GX+SB750 supports true CF ... So you can use high end gpu's like
2x HD5850 :p

Gigabyte has this one : GA-MA790GP-UD4H but it supports only DDR2 and the price is also around 8.2K

As you are going to setup CF in the future 790GX+SB750 would be your best bet that's why I'm sugesting MSI 790GX-G65 ( around 7K ) :p

layzee

■■■■■■
MSI 790FX-GD70 is also decent but then it doesn't have onboard graphics and might be a little more expensive

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Finally!! Less than a month before the warranty expires, I got off my b*** and got my malfunctioning Samsung DVD writer replaced through the vendor Supreme Technologies. And it's working! Now I have two working DVD writers!

The after sales service of Supreme Technologies has improved and degraded, I would say! "Improved", because they did not make me wait for an hour as they did last time when I went seeking the replacement of a malfunctioning HDD a couple of years ago. "Degraded", because it took me 10 days to get it back and they did not call me as they had promised. Ah well, it wasn't a mission critical component after all, and at least I got it back!

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
I Would like to share my ordeal....

26/10 i bought an LG 22x DVD-rw from Saboo comp.5 days back..it refused to burn....or Burnt Successfully..But wont read it.I called up LG customer care,they gave a Saltlake..Which did Not exist.Called them again..they gave a Dalhousie address...Went there...they told as its imported they wouldn't repair it.Went to saboo again...given it to repair...And still waiting for their call :(

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Friends...
Help me out.
My mashi is in need of updating her pc.
She has scraped around Rs.15000(max) for the purpose.:(
We will only change the cpu,mobo,ram,hdd,dvdrw and the smps(and if possible,add a new mouse&keyboard).

Can anybody suggest something?
I have my final mbbs exam within a month so cant delve into much details at the momment myself.

Proposed usage:movies,music with an occasional game.

Anubis

Courage to Know
Processor: Athlon II X2 240 - 3k
Motherboard: Biostar A785GE - 3.3k(HD 4200 is a very good IGP. Plays HD with eaze and directX 10.1 complaint)
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 1.9k
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli ATX - 1.1k
SMPS: Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k
Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k

Total - 15.2k

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I Would like to share my ordeal....

26/10 i bought an LG 22x DVD-rw from Saboo comp.5 days back..it refused to burn....or Burnt Successfully..But wont read it.I called up LG customer care,they gave a Saltlake..Which did Not exist.Called them again..they gave a Dalhousie address...Went there...they told as its imported they wouldn't repair it.Went to saboo again...given it to repair...And still waiting for their call :(

Its parallel Import boss

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Hi thunder.02dragon! I am sorry, phone connection was so bad that I could not make out what you were trying to say about the delivery day you preferred. I know that your old schedule has changed and you are even more busy these days, so please let me know the day(s) of the week and the time preferable to you. Since I do not know your present routine, I did not want to call you lest I should interrupt you in the middle of something important.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Near BBD Bag
Ph:40011603/ 1604
Thanks!
Can u tell me the exact location ?

Need help!
Where can I get 512MB version of any of the following video cards in Kolkata ?
HD 4650
9500GT
HD4670
And who sells Zotac in Kolkata ?

Yesterday went to Chandni again.
The day was worse than previous.
Can't find any 512MB version of video card except 8400GS.....:(
Each and every mfcker shop keeper were pushing me to sell 1GB version and XFX brand.
Other brand were rare.
Could not find any sign of Zotac.
Only palit 9600GT 512MB was available for 4.6K+ at Arihant(there was single card and sealed was broken and I had 4.5K ATM)
Tirupati was selling palit 9600GT 512MB for 4.8K+ and EVGA 9600 512MB7.5K+(very expensive)
And 450VX@4.1K+,550VX@5.6K+.
Ultimately I felt that I was a looser and the shopkeepers were rulers of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom