cabinet suggestions...

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
my friend wants to puchase cabinet , so i m posting on his behalf..
he is looking for a cabinet with 2k budget, so kindly suggest some
also he seemed to have checked some local shops and the shopkeeper showed him some Antec Nsk series cabinets which come with PSU...
are those PSU's reliable if compared to CX400, which i own..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Nzxt gamma is a very good option. If unavailable, check out cm 430. Stay away from bundled psu's.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Also check out CM Elite 310, Zebronics Reaper.Though Reaper might just overshoot your budget by 0.2-0.3k.

Jerin

Journeyman
Nzxt gamma is a very good option. If unavailable, check out cm 430. Stay away from bundled psu's.

Vickyji , I really don't know why you people out here are running behind costly PSU's and Cabinets.

After all I have seen people running PC's in ordinary cabinets and PSU's for years without any problem.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
Some instances do not mean that the problem/risk doesn't exists. I have seen my PC go in smoke due to a bad PSU.

And a costly cabinet will keep dust out, Temp low and Friends drooling. :D

Jerin

Journeyman
^

If you do stuffs like over clocking etc with an ordinary cabinet and PSU , then you are at risk.

In that case you need good cabinet and PSU's which are having better cooling.

But how many of them actually overclock ?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thats right ishu. Well said. One should not compromise on psu at all cost. A good 80+ psu will also conserve power resulting in low electricity bills. Stay away from sub 0.5k - 1k psu's. They provide way less power than they quote.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@scavanger007, Antec NSK cabinets are good & can go for it but just beware about the PSU shipping with the cabinet. the shopkeeper may change it for a cheap one saying that came with the cabby & thus reducing the price & making it look like a nice offer. so if buying Antec, buy Antec only & not a deadly combo.

Vickyji , I really don't know why you people out here are running behind costly PSU's and Cabinets.

After all I have seen people running PC's in ordinary cabinets and PSU's for years without any problem.

i think i mentioned this in some other thread. someone run a power hungry card on a iBall 400W PSU doesn't mean everyone should use iBall. cause tragedy happens only once & that may end the life of your PC as a whole.

when i joined the forum 1yr ago i too had the same question. why suggest some 3-4k PSU for a mid gaming rig when 1k or less costly PSU (with higher wattage) flooding the market. obviously cause they are of bad quality.

If you do stuffs like over clocking etc with an ordinary cabinet and PSU , then you are at risk.

a simple question for you: can you run a GTX460 on a local 400W PSU? but you can on a 2k FSP power supply. no need of OC. even at stock, a GTX460 will kill any local cheap PSU.

But how many of them actually overclock ?

a bad mindset. OC doesn't increase power requirements lot. maybe 20-25W for the GPU & 20W for the processor. Corsair CX400W can provide around 450W or more while FSP/Gigabyte can provide their rated power without any problem. so OC doesn't matter lot for the local batch cause the true enthusiast will never compromise on PSU & cabinets, may go for a slower proccy + GPU.

Thats right ishu. Well said. One should not compromise on psu at all cost. A good 80+ psu will also conserve power resulting in low electricity bills. Stay away from sub 0.5k - 1k psu's. They provide way less power than they quote.

yes, i was going to say that. a cheap PSU will only bring home high electricity bills that will suppress the price of a good quality PSU in a yr or two.

Top Bottom