CABINET in the range 3k - 4.2k that has USB 3.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
but some experienced OCer/users would say paring such a high end cpu with some 4-5k mobo is not a very good idea.

Could you elaborate a bit. I mean if I am running the cpu at stock what could be the possible downsides ?

Also I found out the mobo supports only 2 fans. However I seem to have 4 (including cpu). Any suggestions ?? I think I can connect them to the PSU but it seems the fans need to have a "molex" connector. Do the ones in my case have it ? Haven't open the case yet. I wish it does.:p

I found this -
*www.tomshardware.com/forum/291933-31-multiple-fans-motherboard-supports
P.S - the board has already reached the local store.Whats left is me going and bringing it home. If only you had pointed this out in my "ideal gpu" thread :|

I missed your concern mate, I should have posted a bit early.
NM. :)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could you elaborate a bit. I mean if I am running the cpu at stock what could be the possible downsides ?

Also I found out the mobo supports only 2 fans. However I seem to have 4 (including cpu). Any suggestions ?? I think I can connect them to the PSU but it seems the fans need to have a "molex" connector. Do the ones in my case have it ? Haven't open the case yet. I wish it does.:p

I found this -
[Solved] How do I set up Multiple fans if my motherboard only supports one? - General-Homebuilt - Homebuilt-Systems
P.S - the board has already reached the local store.Whats left is me going and bringing it home. If only you had pointed this out in my "ideal gpu" thread :|

NM. :)

they say the VRMs of cheap mobos ain't upto to the mark to run such high end cpus for very long specially with Turbo mode enabled and talking about suggesting before - you said you are going to get core i5 3450 if I remember correctly ....

debarshi

Otaku
Sell the mobo, or get a replacement from where you got it.......... If its still intact and new condition

debarshi

Otaku
No, I am asking where did you buy it from.......... If its Flipkart, like you can tell them its not working :twisted: , and ask them for another product as a replacement............

Depends on how you're going to use it...................

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No, I am asking where did you buy it from.......... If its Flipkart, like you can tell them its not working :twisted: , and ask them for another product as a replacement............

Depends on how you're going to use it...................

Flipkart = overpriced. Bought it from a local dealer.
Will be using the cpu @ stock. purpose - gaming/video editing.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the mobo should last at-least 3 years but if you can get a better mobo by spending a little more - just talk with the seller and ask him if he can arrange for an Asus P8Z77-M/M-PRO around ~10k.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

I dont have 10k. 10k implies I ll need another 6k. I can afford 3k but If I spend extra 3k now, my gpu budget will be reduced from 180$ to 135$ :(

Suppose I add the 3k I have now, then net ~ 7k

And in 7k - I guess there aren't even a handful of boards of Z77 or P67 chip-set. So maybe I ll have to get a H77 ... :|

And I dont think now he ll take back the mobo.

Only thing I can do is sell it to some other person bearing a loss of few hundred bucks.

Really worth it ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but are not you going to buy the gfx card later ? at summer vacation ?

and before predicting anything go have a talk with the seller and tell him you want to get a better upgraded mobo and see if he ready to take the mobo back ? you can get a Z77 mobo at around ~7.5-8k - try to get BioStar TZ77B or else check out primeabgb.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Yes I am going to buy the gpu in summers but investing more now in mobo would certainly reduce the budget. The budget was 45 k and I have already spent 36.5.

I ll try talking with the seller.

No biostar board available on abgb.

I cant really find a Z77 board under 8.2k

Last option - the Intel Z68 boards which arent that good anyway :(

Back to b75 .... unless theres something under 7.1k

Last edited:

debarshi

Otaku
There isnt unless you have extreme bargaining skills or access to black market ;) (No taxes)

I wont recommend the later simply because of no warranty coverage

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes I am going to buy the gpu in summers but investing more now in mobo would certainly reduce the budget. The budget was 45 k and I have already spent 36.5.

I ll try talking with the seller.

No biostar board available on abgb.

I cant really find a Z77 board under 8.2k

Last option - the Intel Z68 boards which arent that good anyway :(

Back to b75 .... unless theres something under 7.1k

look for Intel DZ77SL-50K then - it's $120 on newwgg which is roughly 6.5k and the mobo though may not be the best but considering the pricing is good enough.

debarshi

Otaku
Here you go..................

Newegg.com - Intel BOXDZ77SL50K LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, stick with what you have now .. but if in the future you are ready to experiment with OCing just get a solid mobo for core i7 3770k - 3770k deserves a better mobo.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok .. I think I've seen it a few minutes ago on the Pm you sent ;-) but this is what made me think you have 3770k : ( post no. 37 )

Bought the Guardian for 4.5k

I had planned to buy a GTX 560 Ti but I ll be leaving for my hostel soon after Diwali and once I've left, my parents would be the sole users who use the comp just for surfing. So I ve put the gpu on hold until I return in summers. By then, I ll also have relatively better options in the same price range, probably I'll get one of the Kepler series card.

Few reasons for choosing the 3770k and a B75 mobo -
1) I was getting the 'k' series and the non k at a mere price difference of 5$.
2) The k series processor has much higher resale value.
3) I have no intentions of OCing the CPU in near future.
4) Not a major stand-out but the k series processor has hd 4000 whereas non k has hd 2500.

Top Bottom