CABINET in the range 3k - 4.2k that has USB 3.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Need an airy cabinet around 3.5k for my new build. It should have a USB 3 port (preferably front port).

Currently bought rig - i5 3570k,Corsair GS600,Corsair Vengeance (4x2),WD caviar blue 1 TB,GA-b75-d3h,GPU = not bought yet.

Currently I have in mind -
CM Elite 431 plus,
CORSAIR 300R,
NZXT lexa S
NZXT Guardian 921 (4.6k) - will stretch to 4.6k if worth it.BTW do the 2 front usb ports on this case support usb 3 ??

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Corsair 400R
CM HAF 912 Combat.

Over budget , but well worth it.

And why did you buy a 3570K with a B75 motherboard???!!!:|

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

And why did you buy a 3570K with a B75 motherboard???!!!:|
Considering the resale value. The resale value of 3770 non k would be far lesser and I was getting both for the same price. Also, k version has hd 4000 and the non k hd 2500 [doesnt really matter if u have an exclusive gpu but it still is a point to be noted].
[Plus, I am not going to OC so why spend more buying an OCable board ?]

regarding cabinet - Plz suggest something within 4.5k coz I really cant afford anything beyond it. HAF 912 combat comes for 5k whereas 400R is close to 5.3k.

Also plz answer my question - DO THE FRONT USB PORTS OF THE NZXT GUARDIAN 921 SUPPORT USB 3.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

In the zone
Considering the resale value. The resale value of 3770 non k would be far lesser and I was getting both for the same price. Also, k version has hd 4000 and the non k hd 2500 [doesnt really matter if u have an exclusive gpu but it still is a point to be noted].
[Plus, I am not going to OC so why spend more buying an OCable board ?]

regarding cabinet - Plz suggest something within 4.5k coz I really cant afford anything beyond it. HAF 912 comes for 5k whereas 400R is close to 5.3k.

Also plz answer my question - DO THE FRONT USB PORTS OF THE NZXT GUARDIAN 921 SUPPORT USB 3.

^^ NO, NZXT GUARDIAN 921 has 2*USB 2.0 Ports only NZXT Guardian 921 Review » Page 2 - Closer Look (The Case) - Overclockers Club

And HAF 912 Combat (Non-Window) cost 4.4k.

drkks

Banned
Need an airy cabinet around 3.5k for my new build. It should have a USB 3 port (preferably front port).

Currently bought rig - i5 3570k,Corsair GS600,Corsair Vengeance (4x2),WD caviar blue 1 TB,GA-b75-d3h,GPU = not bought yet.

Currently I have in mind -
CM Elite 431 plus,
CORSAIR 300R,
NZXT lexa S
NZXT Guardian 921 (4.6k) - will stretch to 4.6k if worth it.BTW do the 2 front usb ports on this case support usb 3 ??

IMO, Corsair Carbide 300R will be the best. I am presently using it and have no problems with it. The only concern is that there are no dust filters on the side and top. But otherwise, the cooling is fantastic and the temps of my mobo and hdd are in the range of 30-45 C. It costed me around 4.2 k but it is well it's money's worth. Besides you'll get excellent after-sales service from the Corsair team as well. It also has 2 USB 3.0 ports in front.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

@drkks - I personally liked the NZXT case more than the Corsair one. But if I come to know that USB 3 wont be supported on the NZXt, then I ll have to go with the corsair one i guess.Thanks for the input.

Also, my mobo has a USB 3 header.
And the NZXT case has got a "USB 3" tag along with it, see this= cabinet.jpg. So it must have a port that supports USB 3. But do the ones upfront support it ? If not then do the back ones do ?

Last edited:

debarshi

Otaku
AFAIK Guardian 921 RB(Rebirth) has USB 3.0 ports... and Lexa S too............ and it has 5 120mm fans as well (I am going for the Guardian)

Regarding your question, your motherboard has to support native USB 3.0 and have USB 3.0 headers to utilize this facility as stated earlier. If your motherboard supports this, you can go for a USB 2.0 cabby and install BITFENIX USB 3.0 FRONT PANEL 2-PORT VERSION
BITFENIX USB 3.0 FRONT PANEL 2-PORT VERSION

I hope that solves your problem

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

AFAIK Guardian 921 RB(Rebirth) has USB 3.0 ports... and Lexa S too.......you can go for a USB 2.0 cabby and install BITFENIX USB 3.0 FRONT PANEL 2-PORT VERSION

Right. Do you know if those ports at the front have USB 3 support ? You said yes but the link included by "takemein" in his post says they support USB 2.

I did some research about it and found out that I can add a bracket in the 3.5" bay (like the one u posted) if the cabinet doesnt support USB 3 upfront :D. That just means I ll have to spend around 700 more if the guardian doesn't have a featured USB 3 port at front. I wish the mobo had 2 USB 3 headers; would have been easier to build. Now I ll have to connect one of those back panel ports up ahead.

Last edited:

debarshi

Otaku
OMG o_O

These are ports for the front, like the place where you install your floppy drive. Yep 700 bucks more.
Cabinets dont have USB ports at the back. The MOBOs do. Cabby only has ports in the front. So just check if your Mobo has USB 3.0 ports in the back (probably blue colored). If you have them, you are good to go....... as per Flipkart, you should have them (2 in total in the back IO panel) Just check and see............. :) And tell us

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
AFAIK Guardian 921 RB(Rebirth) has USB 3.0 ports... and Lexa S too............ and it has 5 120mm fans as well (I am going for the Guardian)

Regarding your question, your motherboard has to support native USB 3.0 and have USB 3.0 headers to utilize this facility as stated earlier. If your motherboard supports this, you can go for a USB 2.0 cabby and install BITFENIX USB 3.0 FRONT PANEL 2-PORT VERSION

I hope that solves your problem

I can't find it on the spcs page .. and USB 3.0 ports are blue colored but th usb ports on this is colored in black .. so they are USb 2.0 ports I think :
NZXT :: Unique. Unprecendented. Inspired - Guardian 921 RB Product Detail

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

I can't find it on the spcs page .. and USB 3.0 ports are blue colored but th usb ports on this is colored in black .. so they are USb 2.0 ports I think :
NZXT :: Unique. Unprecendented. Inspired - Guardian 921 RB Product Detail

Then Why the F**k does prime abgb add a USB 3 tag to this cabinet, thats just so misguiding. Also my retailer said that it does have USB 3 support so I ordered it based upon that. ::evil:

Last edited:

debarshi

Otaku
Oh well............ :pray: Pray he was right........... Or you gotta shell out another 700 bucks for that external one

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then Why the F**k does prime abgb add a USB 3 tag to this cabinet, thats just so misguiding. Also my retailer said that it does have USB 3 support so I ordered it based upon that. ::evil:

This why I always insist on checking the official spec page of a product.

can't say why prime has labeled it as usb 3.0 but some other online shops are also selling the cabby with USB3.0 word !! but the official spec page and on newegg are showing it has only 2x USB 2.0 ports.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

This why I always insist on checking the official spec page of a product.

Yeah, I had seen on the official page that it never mentioned USB 3. But when my retailer confidently claimed that the guardian they had at their disposal had USB 3 support and with the abgb page on the back of my mind, I just ordered it. Lesson learnt.

But I actually liked its looks. Just have to shell out some more for the USB 3 bracket.

So I was planning to buy this one -
Newegg.com - Biostar CABLEUSB3.0 USB 3.0 Cable Bracket

Shouldn't be a problem fitting this in the 3.5" bay and using it with the Gigabyte board,right?

Top Bottom