C2D E8400 or Phenom X4???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
No, it'z true in case of CRYSIS, a 2.4GHz Q6600 will perform similar or a li'l worse than E8500, but when Q6600 @ 4GHz, a 4.5GHz E8500 cannot beat it in performance.

This isn't the case with most other games, where the E8500 @ 4.5GHz will be chuggin more frames.
Crysis is definitely not quad core optimized, so 4.5GHz E8500 can beat 4GHz Q6600 easily, I actually saw a review in which E8500 OC comes in second place after the C2Extreme series in terms of gaming leaving the Q6600 far behind.

BTW:4GHz Q6600?? You need LN2 for sure or you'll have one fried CPU, I mean Q6600 max is 3.6GHz with really good cooling, and keep in mind its 65nm, so more heat, less OCing.

and one more thing in my place [COIMBATORE]
the vendors will never give the AMD proc , they always ask to buy only intel that too E4400/E7200 i dont y this vendors are doing this they probably sell the already taken intel proc ------> i asked for E8400 they told excess amount which is showed in online shop E8400 cost Rs9150 , they tell AMD proc will not go for resale one vendor took 6000+X2 for 1.2k from my friend ,, i was much worried about that when i took AMD PHENOM , but the vendor told another thing that , if i buy E4400/E7200 they take it for good price but if i buy E8400/8500/core2quad6600 they will take only for 2k if it used for one month :x:x:x

so only there is no ther way i bought AMD phenom 9550 for 7k with sad.. the mobo features lot [asus m3a78-em]with HDMI it cost only Rs4250 with pcie*2 , i was happy because the future are tends with the multi core it seems so i keep this for a year then may be lot of changes happens ,,,,,

the same thing happens in all of your place ???
only an IDIOT would sell those parts at that cheap prices. those vendors are cheating you. don't sell to them. Why don't you just sell it to a friend, or offer it for sale on this forum ?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
BTW:4GHz Q6600?? You need LN2 for sure or you'll have one fried CPU, I mean Q6600 max is 3.6GHz with really good cooling, and keep in mind its 65nm, so more heat, less OCing.

nope u dont need LN2 4 taking the Q6600 to 4GHz.
i did manage to oc my Q6600 to 3.96GHz on air cooling (used a CM Hyper 48 cooler + a high speed table fan blowing cool air into the cabby).
this was done 4 benching purposes only.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Crysis is definitely not quad core optimized, so 4.5GHz E8500 can beat 4GHz Q6600 easily, I actually saw a review in which E8500 OC comes in second place after the C2Extreme series in terms of gaming leaving the Q6600 far behind.

Well yes I guess u r rite, but QCores do bebefit, or how wud the Q9450 and E8500 post same FRAMES? *www.guru3d.com/article/cpu-scaling-in-games-with-quad-core-processors/9

tkin

Back to school!!
Well yes I guess u r rite, but QCores do bebefit, or how wud the Q9450 and E8500 post same FRAMES? *www.guru3d.com/article/cpu-scaling-in-games-with-quad-core-processors/9
After a certain speed gaming is GPU bound, but look here;

*techgage.com/article/intel_core_2_duo_e8400_30ghz_-_wolfdale_arrives/10

*techgage.com/article/intel_core_2_duo_e8400_30ghz_-_wolfdale_arrives/9

From the article;
"Although CPUs are normally marketed to promote better gameplay, these graphs prove that most of the time, it's more of a GPU bottleneck, not the CPU. In this case, our $220 CPU didn't hold anything back from our gameplay here. The beefy 1600FSB QX9770 was the only CPU to show a real performance increase."

Get the picture??

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
its at the lower res (like 1024x768) that the cpu comes into play but as u raise the res to 1650x1080 and more,the cpu doesnt hinder much.here its the gpu which determines how much fps ur getting.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
only an IDIOT would sell those parts at that cheap prices. those vendors are cheating you. don't sell to them. Why don't you just sell it to a friend, or offer it for sale on this forum ?

can u help me ???:(

i just now dropped my PALIT hD 4850 gfx card from table , it fall down , the card works , but anything will happen , i play crysis warhead for one hour nothing happened ,, please i need help :(:(:( was worried ????

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
hope u didnt break some part of the gfx card.
if its running fine like b4 then there sudnt be any issue.

nothing happened to card but in the front the fixing steel , that only bend little , card still works , when i play crysis warhead now i got [ windows error message ] , that because of the card

comp@ddict

can u help me ???:(

i just now dropped my PALIT hD 4850 gfx card from table , it fall down , the card works , but anything will happen , i play crysis warhead for one hour nothing happened ,, please i need help :(:(:( was worried ????

Ouch, don't do anything just run it and see. well u did, and it's running, congos, u were successful in saving ur card

Did you insure your PC against accidents or something ?
OR, is physical damage covered under warranty service ?

If yes, you have an easier way out to fix your card.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Did you insure your PC against accidents or something ?
OR, is physical damage covered under warranty service ?

If yes, you have an easier way out to fix your card.

thanks guys hearing from u i am just bit comfortable , but the card still do better , but i want to send it to warranty now ? or if anything happens only i should sent??

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
to rma the card u'll need to show some prob, now wat prob do u plan to show?
u just cant sent in a product 4 rma jlt.

comp@ddict

The HD4870 will perform like another HD4850, so not too much gain

Possibly a future driver update.........................

imgame2

Padawan
ok , i have one more doubt , can i crossfire HD4850 with 4870???

yes u can ..its called mixed crossfire but it performs as two HD4850 in crossfire ......but hopefully a driver update can work it out well ...

*www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hard...0-hd4850-crossfire-performance-review-10.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom