C2D E8400 or Phenom X4???

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
True......But aargh..for once I though Deneb was actually gonna make cake out of Intel..............

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
^^ I support you in this matter.

My first PC was AMD k6-II (back in '98 AFAIR) which was far better than P-II machine that time. Later I had Athlon XP (better than intel P4) and Athlon X2 (better than intel dual-core).
It's core2duo where Intel beats AMD.

I have bought C2DE8400 this time (first in my life with an Intel proccy) because Intel now has edge in price-performance ratio.

I'll stick to this config for 1 or 1.5 years. By that time I think AMD will again come on top. And remember, it's AMD whose products made, nvidia and Intel to lower their prices.
Competetion makes consumer a winner.
:)

u r right now AMD has invented the 45nm on quad cores with 6mb l3cache thats way too better than q6600/e8500/q9550 everything---------the processor will lauch in 2009 april-------- check out this

*www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/356662-amd-phenom-45nm.html

I think AMD decided to kick some INTEL butt ------- i cant wait to see this -------- i just worried about the buyers from intel [core2quad6600]

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

And one more great news for the AMD fans that --------- AMD confirms that TLB error presented in the phenom 9500 & 9600 which are cleared it relaunched by 9550 & 9650

these bugs clear processor are clearly confirmed by the AMD last week and made the buyer to purchase without stress ------------- [but only thing is AMD should increase the clock speed on quads]-------- now its time for MEGAhard tasking:p:p:p

Check this link, its little bit detailed review and why intel is better, beats phenoms in power cunsumtion and performance. *techreport.com/articles.x/14424

I need to keep my system on for very long times(almost half of the day), AMD though cheap would not suit for me.

yeah applications will soon come on to quads also(was putting my comments in short and comp cut it hence post did not merged), so if I buy my choice will be C2Q 9xxx series, mostly 9300/9400/9450, seriously waiting for price drop.

dont underestimate AMD i m using it ------- i use it in the stock clock speed of 2.2ghz i get same fps though intel core2quad6600 so dont get confuse --------- as the guys said ealier

gaming/unitask----------------E8400/8500
multitsking/fullyloaded cpu-------------q6600/phenomx49550/x49750

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
currently own a E8400 which runs @ 4.05Ghz 24/7.getting a Phenom X4 9850 2day.lets see how it performs.and this time i'm getting a complete amd-ati solution (X4 9850 + MSI K9C2 FIH + HD 4870)

jetboy

Journeyman
wat abt amd??? is X4 9550 better than E8400????

If you are on normal computing...then go for X4 9550...but for gaming E8400 is always better and will run lot cooler...

someone also told me that amd processor with amd mobo will work great with ati gpu's...but i dont think thats true....

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
wat abt amd??? is X4 9550 better than E8400????

If you are on normal computing...then go for X4 9550...but for gaming E8400 is always better and will run lot cooler...

someone also told me that amd processor with amd mobo will work great with ati gpu's...but i dont think thats true....

i too saw in some website i forgot that which one it is -------- may be its true that ati hybrid crossfire works with amd to ati???

anyway its true or not im satisfied with my phenom and the hd4850 i can play all games in 1280*1024 with all high ------------- i cant say intel is bad and amd is good ------------ by the way both the proc are doing good now a days but we should take the proc as we use

AMD athlonX2 ----------------->good proc for games and tasking
intel core2duo ----------------->better processing whole lot intel technology ,intel
started on building better gaming proc E8400/8500
which made superb 45nm penryn blows out the games

AMD phenom X3 ---------------> i dont think the 3 cores support the widows

AMD phenomX4 ------------------>9550/9650/9750/9850 are not best but it is good
for the hard multitasking and good gaming with
L3 cache

intel2quad ---------------------->6600 is also equal to AMD 9650/9750 Intel most
success quads ever sold out , the late release of phenoms would also be the reason for the sale ------

imgame2

Padawan
i too saw in some website i forgot that which one it is -------- may be its true that ati hybrid crossfire works with amd to ati???
what does that mean ?

anyway its true or not im satisfied with my phenom and the hd4850 i can play all games in 1280*1024 with all high ------------- i cant say intel is bad and amd is good ------------ by the way both the proc are doing good now a days but we should take the proc as we use
seeing ur other posts u don't look satisfied at all ......i m pretty much satisfied with my E7200 @ stock speed ..cos it can do everything and anything i can do ...

AMD athlonX2 ----------------->good proc for games and tasking
intel core2duo ----------------->better processing whole lot intel technology ,intel
started on building better gaming proc E8400/8500
which made superb 45nm penryn blows out the games
AMD X2 and X3 and even X4 in some cases are no match for E8400/8500

AMD phenom X3 ---------------> i dont think the 3 cores support the widows
who said that ?

AMD phenomX4 ------------------>9550/9650/9750/9850 are not best but it is good
for the hard multitasking and good gaming with
L3 cache
hardly true for gaming ..they are not good for gaming ..and how many multitasking applications are u aware that are present in market today ???

intel2quad ---------------------->6600 is also equal to AMD 9650/9750 Intel most
success quads ever sold out , the late release of phenoms would also be the reason for the sale -----
wrong intel core2Quad is much better architecture than phenom X4 ...

all in all i don't mean to sound like intel guy ...but AMD churned out some really great processors in the past ..but right now intel is better off with c2d and c2q architecture.

i would love see AMD pull out some miracle like HD series to fight with intel ....that will benefit users ..

Last edited:
^^actually, both of you missed one main point: In a Core2Duo VS Phenom war, the wins are never absolute. When you compare C2D E8400 to a similarly priced Phenom X4 9550, the former is better at gaming and often at unitasking because its optimised for that. But if you try to do lots of tasks at the same time, 9550 has the upper hand. E7200 may be again great at playing crysis, but if you try to run a 64bit virtual PC, write a DVD and game at the same time, Phenom X3 8650 wins (I am not comparing 8450 since its 1K cheaper).

imgame2

Padawan
^^actually, both of you missed one main point: In a Core2Duo VS Phenom war, the wins are never absolute. When you compare C2D E8400 to a similarly priced Phenom X4 9550, the former is better at gaming and often at unitasking because its optimised for that. But if you try to do lots of tasks at the same time, 9550 has the upper hand. E7200 may be again great at playing crysis, but if you try to run a 64bit virtual PC, write a DVD and game at the same time, Phenom X3 8650 wins (I am not comparing 8450 since its 1K cheaper).

^^ i totally agree with u :)

but actually this guy is asking the questions about which one is better in gaming and 3d ...and these questions are scattered in various threads so i was assuming he is still asking about better performing gaming CPU ...thats all

tkin

Back to school!!
what does that mean ?

seeing ur other posts u don't look satisfied at all ......i m pretty much satisfied with my E7200 @ stock speed ..cos it can do everything and anything i can do ...

who said that ?

hardly true for gaming ..they are not good for gaming ..and how many multitasking applications are u aware that are present in market today ???

all in all i don't mean to sound like intel guy ...but AMD churned out some really great processors in the past ..but right now intel is better off with c2d and c2q architecture.

i would love see AMD pull out some miracle like HD series to fight with intel ....that will benefit users ..
Excellent post, but I've read in some reviews that some multithreaded applications fail to recognise the third core in X3s and they perform like X2s.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
what does that mean ?

who said that ?

hey i agree with u that AMDX4 9550 is not equal to c2q6600 -------- but only 10%-12% less performance than c2q6600

i know that intel is now ruling the proc world i think AMD will be sometimes -------- that ok

whats with that 3 cores i just saw in this threads only some one said that windows appl is not accessing 3 cores is it right or not ???????????????????

Excellent post, but I've read in some reviews that some multithreaded applications fail to recognise the third core in X3s and they perform like X2s.

can u tell me hows ur bijili cabinet -------- i was deciding to get that now iam using i ball gamer casing its getting to hot -------- price of your of ur cabinet????

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
hey i agree with u that AMDX4 9550 is not equal to c2q6600 -------- but only 10%-12% less performance than c2q6600

i know that intel is now ruling the proc world i think AMD will be sometimes -------- that ok

whats with that 3 cores i just saw in this threads only some one said that windows appl is not accessing 3 cores is it right or not ???????????????????

can u tell me hows ur bijili cabinet -------- i was deciding to get that now iam using i ball gamer casing its getting to hot -------- price of your of ur cabinet????
This cabinet is really great, there is one 120mm led intake fan in front which cools the HDDs upto a good extent, two 80mm side intake fans cool the VGA and CPU, option for adding 120mm rear exhaust fan.

Front IO panel has 4 USB ports and standard audio ports, and you can put any GFx card in it, my 9800GTX+, which is the longest card to date fits fine with 3" room to spare and upto 4 HDDs can still be added.

3 Optical drives can be added and one Floppy:D

One problem though, front audio connectors are a bit short. It doesn't reach my mobo audio header situated beside the bottom most cabinet expansion slot due to my GFx card blocking the way. But extension cords are available though.

Build quality is really good, and the entire front is perforated allowing good airflow. eg; my HDD maxes out at 37c, CPU at 55c @ full load, and GPU @ 67c @ full load.

Price is 1.6k(a 120mm rear exhaust fan @ 200/-)
So comes out as 1.8k.

This cabby is highly recommended.

Last edited:

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
@imgame2

i too agree with u in all terms intel is now best in some of the proc = E8400/8500,q6600,q9XXX these are well performance processor other processor are moderate .

my second gaming rig is this check out

intel dualcore 3.44ghz
intel 945gntl mobo
xfx 7300 gs 512mb
2gb of ram
160gb of hard disk

i was hesitated with this rig i bought it 2 yrs back now i sold it for 6k----- :(
i cant even play 2008 games in lower config --- if i play COD4 @ low settings it always restarts and GTA san andreas thats my fav game i cant play that game in medium for god sake

my third gaming rig is now i have i updated week ago with 25k

AMD X49550 -2.6ghz[OCed]
ASUS m3a78-em board [780g]chipset
palit hd 4850
2 Gb ram
cooler master 600 watts extreme power

first i donot have palit hd 4850 for a week , so i played with my integerated graphics i was stunned the graphics outperformed the 7300/7600 gs geforce card i maxed out battlefield2 all high @ 1280*1024 there no flags at all superb , then i added hd 4850 , i completed 4 games crysis,COD4,GRID,COLLIN MCRAE DIRT with all maxed out in 1280*1024 never made anything medium the process speed was ultimate ---->thus the boot up is 7 sec for XP and 45 sec for vista ----->but the point is i switch on the computer for three days completely still i started CRYSIS on 3rd day the game plays as good as the computer newly boot up --->

i dint see any intel proc at performance now like E8400/8500 i ll truly buy that proc and ill check may be i can have two rigs for heavy hardcore gaming

and one more thing in my place [COIMBATORE]
the vendors will never give the AMD proc , they always ask to buy only intel that too E4400/E7200 i dont y this vendors are doing this they probably sell the already taken intel proc ------> i asked for E8400 they told excess amount which is showed in online shop E8400 cost Rs9150 , they tell AMD proc will not go for resale one vendor took 6000+X2 for 1.2k from my friend ,, i was much worried about that when i took AMD PHENOM , but the vendor told another thing that , if i buy E4400/E7200 they take it for good price but if i buy E8400/8500/core2quad6600 they will take only for 2k if it used for one month :x:x:x

so only there is no ther way i bought AMD phenom 9550 for 7k with sad.. the mobo features lot [asus m3a78-em]with HDMI it cost only Rs4250 with pcie*2 , i was happy because the future are tends with the multi core it seems so i keep this for a year then may be lot of changes happens ,,,,,

the same thing happens in all of your place ???

Last edited:
T

tallbeing

y U all saying that e8400 ---- did u guys ever saw the power of phenom on gaming ... check out the L3 CACHE intel does not have such technology ... l3 cache cannot be used for higher end application for gaming its massive to smooth playing E8400 is penryn tech ok ... look @ the fsb phenom 9550 has 1800 ... E8400 is 1333 .... now say ----- before saying check out the performance

Forgot about the multiplier thing: 1333*9
Additionally all penryn processors runs cool: 45 NM architecture: Good for massive Overclocking
Higher clock: Good Gaming (Current games does not utilize Quad cores efficiently, see the Crysis Video in You Tube with Queen of Quad Background Music)
What RAM is for system, cache is for processor. FSB speed is more important than L3 cache, its so small that no huge data can be stored there

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Forgot about the multiplier thing: 1333*9
Additionally all penryn processors runs cool: 45 NM architecture: Good for massive Overclocking
Higher clock: Good Gaming (Current games does not utilize Quad cores efficiently, see the Crysis Video in You Tube with Queen of Quad Background Music)
What RAM is for system, cache is for processor. FSB speed is more important than L3 cache, its so small that no huge data can be stored there

hey dont dig that [demonkingfromhell] quote its outdated , but i go with him for some reason cause i too have same proc he has !!!!!!!!!!111

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i must say that Phenom X4 9850 is not bad 4 gaming at all.i've benched Crysis Warhead with my E8400 @ 4.05GHz,HD 4850 and the diff is bout only 4-6fps.
now thats not much of a diff.

comp@ddict

^^cause crysis is higly cpu dependent too, a 3GHz C2D 7200 and a 4870X2, and a 4.2GHz C2D E7200 and a 4870X2, the performance jump is like 60fps in some games, but in CRYSIS< it becomes more if it has more cores.

imgame2

Padawan
@ ultimategpu cos u are comparing dual core with C2D is way much better than dual core ...u got to "feel" C2D before commenting .....since everything u are saying is according to what u felt ...

and vendors are not giving away AMD cos of its heat issues ...they don't want to take headache ...intel is stable ..sell it and forget it ..its as simple as that for intel these days ...

comp@ddict

No, it'z true in case of CRYSIS, a 2.4GHz Q6600 will perform similar or a li'l worse than E8500, but when Q6600 @ 4GHz, a 4.5GHz E8500 cannot beat it in performance.

This isn't the case with most other games, where the E8500 @ 4.5GHz will be chuggin more frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.