C2D E8400 or Phenom X4???

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonkingfromhell

COOKING WITH HUMAN HEADS
obviously u think either u are very smart ...or u don't know anything about computing ....

look here

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=14

and tell me where u see ..gtx beating HD4850 ......Hd4850 competes with 9800gtx+ ..and everybody knows all over the world except u i guess that ..9800gtx+ is different card than 9800gtx ..and performance in crysis is not everything ...cos a card should perform in more games ..too there are hell lot of games out there ...

publish ur benchmarks here ...if u are so sure ..even i can say anything about ...any comp component ...unless i have proof

NOW U SEE ,,, OK ALL THE WEBSITE ARE NOT POSTING CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

demonkingfromhell

COOKING WITH HUMAN HEADS
obviously u think either u are very smart ...or u don't know anything about computing ....

look here

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=14

and tell me where u see ..gtx beating HD4850 ......Hd4850 competes with 9800gtx+ ..and everybody knows all over the world except u i guess that ..9800gtx+ is different card than 9800gtx ..and performance in crysis is not everything ...cos a card should perform in more games ..too there are hell lot of games out there ...

publish ur benchmarks here ...if u are so sure ..even i can say anything about ...any comp component ...unless i have proof

ALL WE KNOW IS ONLY INTEL BASICALLY I TOO THOUGHT LIKE LIKE THAT BECAUSE IN INDIA ALL SPOKEN BY OTHER INTEL IS BEST ,,, SE SEEING IS NOT TRUTH PLEASE USE IT AND SEE THE RESULT PLEASE OK ,,, I REC'MND AMD 9550 WITH INTEL Q6600 ,,, THEN U TELL THE ANSWER HONEST OK ,,,,

i can't see ur attachment anyway ....

WAIT I LL POST CORRECTLY OK

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Mr donkey--from--hell or what ever you are.

Crisis is coded in such a way that it supports the GFX Cards made by Nvdia.

Most of us wish that may AMD soon get his crown back which was lost due to C2Duo processors. But at present AMD's each and every processor is beaten by their counter parts from Intel.

9800GTX+ is around 13500.00
HD4850 is around 9500.00

Difference of 4000.00

And for 4 thousand more if you get 3-5 fps more in one game or 2 then go and buy the 9800GTX yourself why advice to others.

Hope you got the point.
Rest you prove us we will believe you.

imgame2

Padawan
^^Type with Caps Lock Off.

by the way off the topic ..

u said somewhere that u get better FPS in crysis on XP (can't find the post now:( ..) ..thats cos in all probability (unless u are using dx 10 from alky project or somethig similar ) game switches to DX 9 mode ..and DX9 will perform faster ...cos in DX 10 various intricate effects have to rendered which take more processing power ...

thats the reason of crysis or crysis warhead being faster on XP ...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Mr donkey--from--hell or what ever you are.

Crisis is coded in such a way that it supports the GFX Cards made by Nvdia.

Most of us wish that may AMD soon get his crown back which was lost due to C2Duo processors. But at present AMD's each and every processor is beaten by their counter parts from Intel.

9800GTX+ is around 13500.00
HD4850 is around 9500.00

Difference of 4000.00

And for 4 thousand more if you get 3-5 fps more in one game or 2 then go and buy the 9800GTX yourself why advice to others.

Hope you got the point.
Rest you prove us we will believe you.

DONT count me in to that 'most of'.

by the way off the topic ..

u said somewhere that u get better FPS in crysis on XP (can't find the post now:( ..) ..thats cos in all probability (unless u are using dx 10 from alky project or somethig similar ) game switches to DX 9 mode ..and DX9 will perform faster ...cos in DX 10 various intricate effects have to rendered which take more processing power ...

thats the reason of crysis or crysis warhead being faster on XP ...

Yup thats true. And there is hardly any good peice of hardware except GTX and HD48xx series that can run any game comfortably with all max in DX10. Software is lurking ahead than hardware this time.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@kpower_mainia

Why dear?
I think you haven't seen the time when AMD rules the processor world. They were fast and cheap. Intel only has the hype not the performance.
You must be a kid at that time.
You still are a sweet kid to me in terms of age (not in terms of knowledge).:p

arijit_2404

still find time for games
^^ I support you in this matter.

My first PC was AMD k6-II (back in '98 AFAIR) which was far better than P-II machine that time. Later I had Athlon XP (better than intel P4) and Athlon X2 (better than intel dual-core).
It's core2duo where Intel beats AMD.

I have bought C2DE8400 this time (first in my life with an Intel proccy) because Intel now has edge in price-performance ratio.

I'll stick to this config for 1 or 1.5 years. By that time I think AMD will again come on top. And remember, it's AMD whose products made, nvidia and Intel to lower their prices.
Competetion makes consumer a winner.
:)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
@kpower_mainia

Why dear?
I think you haven't seen the time when AMD rules the processor world. They were fast and cheap. Intel only has the hype not the performance.

Mind tht, this guys pretty much a database of knowledge!!!!

And yes, i remember the days when Athlon XP, Opteron, Athlon X2 3xxx series used to kick Intel's arse(i was li'l then, but my brain was looming wid knowledge).

^^ I support you in this matter.

My first PC was AMD k6-II (back in '98 AFAIR) which was far better than P-II machine that time. Later I had Athlon XP (better than intel P4) and Athlon X2 (better than intel dual-core).
It's core2duo where Intel beats AMD.

I have bought C2DE8400 this time (first in my life with an Intel proccy) because Intel now has edge in price-performance ratio.

I'll stick to this config for 1 or 1.5 years. By that time I think AMD will again come on top. And remember, it's AMD whose products made, nvidia and Intel to lower their prices.
Competetion makes consumer a winner.
:)

U're right, amd is still VFM and has kept with that role, see 9850s @ 8.5k(street).....??
although 9950s are still 10.5k

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@kpower_mainia

Why dear?

Yup, I know about the good old Athlon 64 days. And see dude I aint biased at all. I used to follow the flow of fanboyism a lot before (supporting NVIDIA/Intel even if they lost out in performance and VFM.) but not anymore. And at the end of the day, its us, the users who are gonna benifit from the tough competition between the two companies :razz:.

acewin

Point Blanc
@kpower_mainia

Why dear?

well things are always same some here some there.
I have seen AMD working and I know of the time you are talking about toofan very well, beter performed AMDs gave more heat than intels.

You need to consider alot many points while benchmarking, review sites also say how and why and they also give the below note.
Currently AMDs are cooler than intel but performance wise weak. Mostly because of lower clock and there architecture. Phenom X4 are 4 core, intel 4 cores are costlier than AMD, and not all programs are optimized for 4 cores.

I am not into games much so I do not necessarliy need a faster clock but which runs more threads. Its just perspective. same is for quad core intel vs core2duo, as C2D performing than C2Q, litreally applications have not been developed more to run on multiple cores.

acewin

Point Blanc
Check this link, its little bit detailed review and why intel is better, beats phenoms in power cunsumtion and performance. *techreport.com/articles.x/14424

I need to keep my system on for very long times(almost half of the day), AMD though cheap would not suit for me.

yeah applications will soon come on to quads also(was putting my comments in short and comp cut it hence post did not merged), so if I buy my choice will be C2Q 9xxx series, mostly 9300/9400/9450, seriously waiting for price drop.

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
yeah if not C2Q then E8400 proccy recommended by everyone is really the best buy.

Because computing in general terms will not go on multiple core, its just the real dedicatedly computing applications
CADs and games(these just not depend on proccy power but also gpu).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom