[By Demand] September 2008 DVD+CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILR

Right off the assembly line
I am a new member. Since I've never posted to a forum, I'm very excited. :eek:

Now, to the point...

I like to play all sorts of games but the most strategic games are the text interactive fiction games. I think all of you know about interactive fiction games. For those who don't know, here it goes.

Interacive fictional games are text interprated games which hardly use any illustrations. They are very difficult to play but at the same time they are very fun to play because their can be many options to explore the virtual text world or interact with other objects. These games in older ages were made for dos but now-a-days special softwares are available to play these games which use multimedia files as illustrations as well. :cool:

For digit CD, I want a few such softwares and some games:
1. Adrift Generator(to create and play these games):This software is my personal favourite. If you see it you will come to know why.;-)
2. HTML TADS Player's kit(for playing these games) or HTML TADS Author's kit(for creating these games).
3. Winfrotz

Since the games are very small in size, hundreds of them can fit easily in digit CD. They can be downloaded from: *www.ifarchive.com

**Also if possible, please include Track Mania United Forever. A demo version will do.
**Please include some massive sized portable games and tools from *www.portablefreeware.com/

Kindly Think over my suggestion.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
How about:-

1. Flight Gear(NOT the Live CD).
2. Little Fighter 2 v 2.5 (can be downloaded >here<).
3. America's Army v2.8.3 to v2.8.3.1 upgrade

Please include the second one at least! It's only 23 MB(still too much for dialup). Please!! :D

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
open SUSE open SUSe :p People getting mad :p Please ship Sabayon 3.5 .. "D It comes with 5 games like Quake, Nexuiz,Second Life and blah blah k games :lol: Also do review the OS>. Only providing OS won't help Open Source..and you know how ignorant Indian newbies are they won't even bother about Sabayon or other :p So a review or 2 wiill help them understand the OS :)

drsubhadip

In the zone
give us Knoppix linux...
it will be better..

good talking Dark Star
i m impressed with ur view..
i think the indian computer mags can be better responsible for their work..
they can go for the FOSS.
it ll be better for our countries to eliminate the piracy also..
and our poor country will save money which r going to usa in that regard..
as every body knows that in our country the piracy is so high..
every alternate computer in our poor country is using the pirated version of win xp , or vista, or office 2007..
so to stop the piracy go for FOSS..
go for distribution of open softwares like the greats ..open office,firefox, linux different distros which r going to replace the propritory software eventually..
i m not saying those propritory softwares r bad..but they r really costly for our economic system..
so the resposibility also goes to DIGIT also..
although they r supporting it..
but a little bit more ,a more description of linux,openoffice will be help to those unholy souls who does know any os other than xp and win office,,
but they know the firefox ..THE REVOLUTION..
ok..
thanks DIGIT for ur great mag..
keep it up..
make us informed in every aspect of the OPEN AND FREE WORLD.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Here is my list..,

1. Any free high def movie or clips..
2.PS3 firmware 2.41
3.sorry but is it possible to include vista sp1?
4.azureus latest version
5.any multiplatform messenger...
6.adobe photoshop trial version
7.any nice html editor...if possible dreamweaver...
8.dreamscene video's
9.wallpapers ...lots of them..,

Will post rest...later..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
......................... My Wish List For Sept 2008 Issue .........................

Vorteile einer gekauften DVD - A great Open Source DVD Which contains huge numbers
of Open Source Softwares, Tutorials & many more. Please include this. It could be your best addition.

*www.opensource-dvd.de/isodownload.htm

Vmware Workstation for Windows
VMware Workstation for Linux

Adobe Reader Lite 9.0 Revised

Construct 0.96.2 - Free open-source DirectX game creator
CursorFX 2.01 - Use and create incredibly cool looking Windows mouse cursors

TVersity 1.0.0.2 RC1
Stream music, pictures and video to almost any device that connects to your home network

Nero 8 Ultra Edition 8.3.6.0
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.0.30
ClamAV 0.93.3-1a
Wine 1.1.1
Wireshark for Windows 1.0.2
Opera for Windows 9.52 Build 10089 Beta
Psi for Windows 0.12 RC4 - Cross-platform Jabber client designed for the Jabber power user
iTunes for Windows 7.7
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.0.0
MAME 0.126
DVD Flick 1.3.0.0 Beta Build 616
DAEMON Tools 4.12.4
Apache HTTP Server for Windows 2.2.9
MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 RC2
IrfanView 4.20
Mozilla Firefox for Windows (v3) 3.0.1

dineshc

Right off the assembly line
Include more Linux Apps.
Promote more Open/Freeware Softwares
Introduce Newer/Highly Performable Open Souce Alternatives in leu Proprietary demos :!:

drsubhadip

In the zone
why do not u guys give a single layer dvd along with a dual layer dvd ...
u r giving us a cd ..
give us a dvd single layer with dual layerdvd ,it ll increase content and the price of the cd and single layer dvd is almost same ..
so u can afford ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom