By Demand [Nov 2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you guys please give this two movies : ( I lost the july 09 DVD )

Night of the Living Dead
Return of Street Fighter

TheHumanBot

Padawan
SystemRescueCd-x86-1.2.3
UltimateBootCD
ReactOS Live CD
INSERT Linux Live CD
Knoppix Live DVD

Winbuilder With all Plugins, Scripts and programs For VistaPE & XpPE ( Lees Than 300MB ) - Just download them along with the app and make archive & give it on DVD :p
+11111 for all of the above :mrgreen:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks buddy. BTW, they are giving UltimateBootCD and ReactOS on this mont's disc.

Please Include Windows Vista x64 service Pack 2 - as it's a very big around 577MB download.

Also give us Fireworks CS4 and Make a Fast Track to GAMING :p

"Anarchy Online
Google Sketchup
Opera 10
OpenOffice.org
4Easysoft HD Converter 3.1.16
Gold Wave Editor 10.4.1
F1 Racing 3.2
Quick Math 1.1.0
Returnil Virtual System 2008 Personal
Racer:Real Deal
scratch 1.4 "

I agree with you

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
A couple of discs were added after I put up this thread, so I threw in some of the demands from this thread into the Oct DVD. Working on the Nov DVD now, so keep the requests coming in. Not seeing any requests for sections... screensavers, desktop customization... things like that.

layzee

■■■■■■
@Anorion
Ok lets see -

Desktop customization :-
1. Stardock WindowBlinds skins
2. Stardock IconPackager and skins
3. Concept car wallpapers
4. FinderBar

Request for sections :- Please bring back "My Desktop"

Krow

Crowman
Give us mac4lin, ubuntu look for xp, and themes of the like. In case of mac4lin, we would also like a tutorial for uninstallation.

I ad demanded for a tutorial of QuarkXPress, is there any progress on that? The good news is that I learnt the software on my own through trial and error and I'm very willing to help or write a tutorial, if you guys are interested. :)

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^^Not the individual contents of the sections, but the sections themselves... say something like kids, or developer tools, or web design tools - considering hobbies (Chess enthusiasts have been asking for chess related software for some time now)

^The tutorials usually accompany the theme of the magazine. Great that you already learnt - t&e is the best way to learn these things. But the possibilities are endless, and nifty little features are hidden in improbable places.

Krow

Crowman
I agree in the sense that one can never stop learning softwares. I know some ppl who have been working on Photoshop for 12 years and don't even use the toolbar (all kbd shortcuts) and even they say that they are still learning the software. :)

About the sections :

Bloggers page and travel page. Travel where people could get their travelogues published as anyway Digit has ads of travel products and has carried features on what to carry on a travel (gadgets).

Also, one page could be dedicated to a sci-fi story written by readers.

Photography could be given some space in the mag. Some tutorials and guides and how to choose the right lens/camera/accessories.

Open Source section is mandatory IMO as now anyway you guys are considering giving DVD distros. I believe that more space should be given to it every month. I am a big fan of your Open Source issue and I believe that it should be given more importance that merely a sub-section in toolbox.

I like the DIY section, could case-modding be included in it? As in, how to mod a mid-tower case to fit in a bulky cooler like the TRUE 120?

OFFTOPIC: One last request, could admins post regularly here? Anorion, you posted here and this motivated me to make such a long post already. If you guys appear more on the forum and join in some discussions here and there, many more people will join in. This is the only forum where Ive seen admins with such a low post count. Please do appear regularly on the forum admins. Please. :)

layzee

■■■■■■
^^
+1 for DIY Case Modding
Also a guide related to airflow in cases will be appreciated

Krow

Crowman
Also, a special section on cable management in mid-tower cases as these are the ones which become cramped. :)

Krow

Crowman
I was thinking and I also thought up some more things. Like already the DIY section is there. Can it be pimped up to the extent that Digit readers can do pretty much everything related to computers by themselves. Do you guys get my vision? Every month a new thing can be introduced, with demands from us of course. Whatever we want to do, Digit can teach us. That would be pretty cool, eh? I am of the opinion that Digit readers should be self reliant and many people will look forward to the next DIY.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@layzee and Techalomaniac: Intense do it yourself workshops... yeah that's a great idea. The travel idea needs some kind of tech hinge to be seriously considered though. We are however, contemplating cable management as a whole, not just within cabinets. Cable management within cabinets could be covered, but would be theoretical guidelines - as the layout differs from cabinet to cabinet, and the PSU plays a role. However, for general cable management, we can show images, and the different things used to organise and tag cables, and discreetly hide them.
@topgear FT to Gaming is a great idea, but we had it first :p
@pravinbv: Linux drivers coming up, but what applications in Linux tax graphic cards? does anyone here use Linux to such an extent that they need a decent amount of graphics memory? I'm not doubting the OS...
@drsubhadip: we barely give away Linux distros, 64 bit versions are some time coming... and Debian would eat up what two and a half d/l disks... although I have been thinking of Debian Net Edition for sometime.
@vishalgmistry: Comparing gaming consoles would be terribly unfair... I'm guessing... however it might seem like a good idea to educate people about what console they should get depending on their needs. Will note the point down, but such efforts would be derailed if buyer considerations include how suitable it (the console in question) is for certain illegal activities.

Krow

Crowman
Tech used in various places... Could that be considered? Like I visited a remote village in Bihar and the best tech they had was mobiles, one solar cell (for charging mobiles) and motorcycles.

I'll keep thinking meanwhile, please do keep posting here, its good to see you regularly here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom