[By Demand] Digit August 2006 DVD/CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
no more linux,,,,,,,,,, enough of windows and linux........... now we want

SOME BSD.... PC-BSD , OPEN-BSD
if u want to stick with linux then plz give fedora core 5 bootable dvd 64 bit edition

if possible and no copyright issues then office 12 beta

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@sukran.. man y waste precious space whn we can all order ourselves atleast a single copy of ubuntu???

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
FatBeing said:
Already started this month onwards. We've decided to do a "Movie of the Month" thing.

Oh, it's really a great idea. Thanks a lot.

The Dual-layer DVD thing is also spinning in my mind. I think most of the readers now have a DVD drive and so it will be more sensible to give a Dual-layer DVD in lieu of the CD from now on. Please try to do this....

gowtham

Journeyman
hi everyone
i am new to this form and am a regular reader of digit. can u please provide vista beta2 and office 12 beta please?
tnx

elumalai

Broken In
k..
again the same request. if already given in June, thanx a lot.

Visual Studio Express Beta - pls don't give the boot software (around 2MB) only. The full beta software is around 490MB. Please give that. Also express beta of SQL Server too be useful.
Thanks.

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Tapomay said:
Oh, it's really a great idea. Thanks a lot.

The Dual-layer DVD thing is also spinning in my mind. I think most of the readers now have a DVD drive and so it will be more sensible to give a Dual-layer DVD in lieu of the CD from now on. Please try to do this....
No dual-layer DVD every month, I'm afraid. And you'd be shocked at the number of people who still don't have DVD drives.

Sukarn

Broken In
akuCRACKER said:
@sukran.. man y waste precious space whn we can all order ourselves atleast a single copy of ubuntu???

Its not about that. Its that although a "Fast Track to Linux" was there in April issue of Digit, most people would not have read all of it, and most probably skipped the part about the various distributions. People dont know what they're missing...

@FatBeing: People who have DVD Drives would probably have got a reader capable of Dual Layer DVDs. Even so, it would not hurt the people who still have only a CD Drive as the DVDs are useless to them, whether single-layer or dual.

@elumalai: Visual Studio Express 2005 (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) does not have one single set. It has different ISOs or *msi files for the specific programming language like Visual C#, Visual Basic, etc. Which one are you talking about? all of the ISO images are about 450+ MB.
If I remember correctly, there was another image file format in which they were available. Can't remember what, though and I'm feeling pretty lazy to check it out myself right now.

Last edited:

subhayu

Broken In
hi,
i have read all comments and i have a request that digit dvd's should include
Linux iso 's as not all of us can download them. Distros's such as Mandriva 2006 or Suse 10.1.
As other magazines have already started to include them

Sukarn

Broken In
Akhil Jain said:
@FatBeing: People who have DVD Drives would probably have got a reader capable of Dual Layer DVDs. Even so, it would not hurt the people who still have only a CD Drive as the DVDs are useless to them, whether single-layer or dual.

What do u mean by just quoting me without the

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Sukarn said:

Not necessary there...we've received complaints from a number of people who can't view the June DVD, only because their drives are too old.

That aside, a dual-layer DVD every month just doesn't fit in our budget right now.

executioner

Journeyman
Hi,
You can give font bonanza in august.
This is a zipped file of over 4700 TrueType fonts (fonts.zip). They're freely available throughout the net. Just unzip them to a folder and install them as necessary. You probably don't want to load them all onto your system at once, but rather use a font viewer to find the one you like then use it. They are sorted into directories for each letter of the alphabet. Scanned, tested, and checked. They work with The Gimp and within Windows.
As it is 100MB in size it is not possible for all of us to download so u can give it. It can be downloaded from the following link:
*www.download.com/Font-Bonanza/3000-2190_4-10435251.html?tag=lst-0-8

executioner

Journeyman
Oh,
also try to give perfect disk 7. It is the best defragmentation tool.Please give Fedora Core 5 for 32 bit systems.It is to large for us to download.

elumalai

Broken In
once I had a software called VCD Cutter (trial version). Is there any latest version available now.?? if so, pls put it.

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
Sukarn said:
What do u mean by just quoting me without the

i was agree with ur point of view... and quote link was not working... i don't know why but forum is always down when i try to access it in dataone happy hours and mostly i see the screen " can't find ser............"

and i think the old digit mods r back with thier strictness ........ it is good after all i wud not have spam posts and wud not have to check all 50-60 pages to get some info .. as they wud immediatly update first post in thread

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
We don't want dual layer DVD every month. But once in a while Digit can give it.
You guys can definitely give a Linux DVD (Suse, Mandriva or Fedora core 5).
I think most of the Digit readers would agree. Think about that Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom