Buying samsung phone.

Hello,
to all of you.
I want to buy SAMSUNG Mobile phone, but I am confused between SAMSUNG GALAXY Y and SAMSUNG WAVE 5380.Actually, I am comfortable with both the operating systems like Android and Bada, and I need good phone specs wise and performance wise, in these two phones the specs are almost same, but I think wave specs are little bit better than Y.Anyways, please let me know, which phone to buy? and also if some one has experienced about these phone then please share that experience with me.Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Out of the two phones you have written here, I would suggest Samsung Galaxy Y..It has a fast 800 Mhz processor...more importantly it is Android...Dont go for a BADA phone...they have a poor app database..you hardly get any app for BADA..on the other hand Android increase the functionality of your phone :-D...I have used both BADA and ANDROID...and Galaxy Y..
Galaxy Y is a nice phone..comes with Gingerbread 2.3.6. and lots of custom ROMs available to take your phone to a whole new level !
My suggestion Galaxy Y... :-D

Tamoghno

Padawan
Don't buy junk.

Increase your budget to 8k and buy a HTC Explorer...
+1 to HTC explorer. its way better than Galaxy Y for just a little bi more money. dont be fooled by 600mhz , its newer gen processor is quite capable of handling android 2.3.6.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
increase your budget
HTC Explorers 600 MHZ > GALAXY Y 800 MHZ
htc explorers has a 3.2 inch screen and plays allmost all games smoothly

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
I am myself a user of Samsung Galaxy Y and i must say its truly awesum...

Android being open source can be customised beyond imagination...

also sgy has a forum on xda-developers...

xcept the os, wave y and galaxy y are virtually the same..
only other diff is that the wave's screen is bigger than the galaxy's by 0.2 inches but thats not a dealbreaker coz the onscreen keypad is pretty accurate..
moreover, u can mess around with ur droid by rooting,overclocking etc...

and galaxy y is a bestseller so its price is lesser than wave y.. my friend got galaxy y for 6.6k!!!

so all in all galaxy y is my choice ...!! go for it u wont regret it!!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@AndroidFan
Are samsung phones really junk? Please give views on this.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Can u plzzzz elaborate how a Samsung phone is a junk...
The Samsung phones hav best hardware combination...
It's not junk...

I would rather suggest SAMSUNG PHONES!!!!!

What I meant was Galaxy Y and Samsung Wave phones are junk. Avoid all Wave phones at all costs... BADA operating system is very bad.

Galaxy Y has a small screen and QVGA screen resolution 240x320, because of which the user experience is very bad. Poor screen quality and size is a bad thing. A lot of apps and games don't work on that screen resolution.

HTC Explorer has a HVGA screen resolution of 320x480, which is decent, That is the minimum screen resolution you should buy...

I have nothing against Samsung. But HTC Explorer is very competitive and has very good built quality at 8k price point. I don't know any other Samsung phones with similar specs and similar price point...

Sujeet

Undead!!!
increase your budget
HTC Explorers 600 MHZ > GALAXY Y 800 MHZ
htc explorers has a 3.2 inch screen and plays allmost all games smoothly

+1 to HTC explorer. its way better than Galaxy Y for just a little bi more money. dont be fooled by 600mhz , its newer gen processor is quite capable of handling android 2.3.6.

Dont make incorrect decisons over ther performance of processor just because 600mhz has been put up in 480*320(HVGA) Phone whereas a 800 Mhz Processor is used in 240*320(QVGA) Phone.

Its the utilization that matters.

HTC Explorer has HVGA screen so higher res apps and games are available so 600 Mhz is more or less is put to max use which is justified whereas Galaxy Y has QVGA screen so its 832Mhz Processor cant be put to any good use so its less efficient in context of the Way its used in Galaxy Y.

Read Androidfan's last post,thats what the real situation is.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
I suggest you to extend your budget a lil bit and get Explorer.I am sure you won't regret your decision,its worth every penny.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try installing Temple Run on Galaxy Y. or try any HD games on Y. most will give same result.

Y's main problem are these: small screen with extremely low resolution, processor is of old gen (ARM v6) & graphics performance is also poor. this is where Explorer shines. try it at a showroom to know.

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
My younger brother uses a Galaxy Y. I must say it looks bad with screen ON because of its low resolution display... its able to run some nice games nd videos but it lags at times...
When u choose live wallpaper its actually not a live wallpaper but a slideshow of some image sequence....
you should only buy it if u just cannot up ur budget...

Sujeet

Undead!!!
My younger brother uses a Galaxy Y. I must say it looks bad with screen ON because of its low resolution display... its able to run some nice games nd videos but it lags at times...
When u choose live wallpaper its actually not a live wallpaper but a slideshow of some image sequence....

If you will use a slideshow type Live wallpaper then it will show as that only.
Try using some good live wallpapers from Play store.Works Just Fine Galaxy Y.:wink:

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz

the wave y has a marginally bigger screen than the sgy with the same qvga res.. so its screen is less crisper..
and as for explorer its build quality is awesum and u can go for it by increasing ur budget... but be aware that htc explorer doesnt have such a large community of devs as galaxy y ...:lol:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
try installing Temple Run on Galaxy Y. or try any HD games on Y. most will give same result.

Y's main problem are these: small screen with extremely low resolution, processor is of old gen (ARM v6) & graphics performance is also poor. this is where Explorer shines. try it at a showroom to know.

Out Of Screen!+Lag! :mrgreen:

Top Bottom