buying console- PS3 or xbox 360 ?? :O

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys, i am planning to buy a console this diwali. i want to clear some doubts about both consoles.

i want to play games like uncharted 2, 3 killzone3 red dead redemption, infamous2, god of war 3, halo series, gears of war series, foroza motor sports 3/4.

xbox has no xclusiv game to please me except foroza 3 [idk if GT5 is comparable] but PS3 has god of war 3. and i am not a huge fan of halo or gears of war tough. so i am thinking about buying 160GB PS3 but i still need suggestions.

as i will only play console xclusiv titles, so i will buy only 4-6 games per year.
now clear some doubts :

1. which console to buy ?

[i dont care bluray, but ps3 has better exclusives for me. but xbox 360 is cheaper]

2. If i swap HDD to 500GB/1TB. will this void the warranty of PS3?

3. which one should i buy in case of ps3??? 160 GB or 320GB considering we can swap HDD with our own 2.5 inch HDDs . does it worth spending 3k more?

4. can i play on a LCD with DVI and VGA input? [no HDMI]

5. can i buy a 200 wala USB gamepad ? from enter, zebronics?? and use it as 2nd gamepad to play with frnds ??

6. can we copy the original game discs to internel HDD and run the games from the HDD instead of the disc? without modding/hacking the console ?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
1.one more vote to Ps3
2. i don't think so
3.Go for 320G with move bundle @19K best vfm
4.u have to purchase a hdmi to dvi/vga cable available at ebay for 200 bucks

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For exclusives, get PS3. That's what I'd do.

You want to play online? Get Xbox 360. PS3 is poor in this case.

I'd suggest to simply get the PS3 320GB + Move bundle for 20k.

Sarath

iDota
^Move is dead if you ask me. However you might want it for future releases. KZ3 is supported by move though.

Swapping HDD is officially supported by Sony and they even have an online tutorial / guide for the same. However there is limitation to the capacity, I think 500GB. Pls read and confirm.

If I ain't obvious get a PS3 unless you are going to enjoy kinect which is honestly amazing.

I have never heard of copying the BD to the HDD and hence can't comment on the same. With a custom firmware maybe but not officially. Also unlike other hardware modifying PS3s are considered illegal and I'm sure you are aware of that.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
@ sarath : i am not too excited about move. i have 19k budget. i will not buy latest games as they cost 2.5-3.5k. i will buy older exclusive games like god of war 3, Gran turismo 5, uncharted 2 etc. they cost 1.3k..

so should i spend 19k for PS3 320GB with move and wait 1 more month to buy above mentioned games

or

buy 160GB PS3 for 16.3k [letsbuy] and buy 2 of the above mentioned games ?

i will not think about modding for atleast 1 yr.

i dont really have a big HDTV, i am not interested in any of the move games as of now. [will buy killzone 3 aftr 1 yr] :p
and move starter pack is available for 3.5k. should i buy 160GB PS3 ?

can i mod my PS3 after 1 yr ? when my warranty ends?

Sarath

iDota
First thing is you don't really need the biggest HDD.
Trust me, you wont be keeping anything so important that it would hurt to delete. Even a 160GB HDD will last you long. After that just delete the "old data".

For games, in my experience, I would say "buy used or second hand games". Only buy new games you intend to play online like NFS HP, COD MW3, UC3 etc.
You can get games from 500-1500 for various games.

I have bought games worth 21k already and have decided to only buy used one. Exceptions ofcourse for games like NFS the Run etc which is your personal preference.

A minimum 32" HDTV is a must or atleast strongly recomended. Otherwise it will only look like a small step up from the PS2.

It would be wise to advise the 320GB but its better to have 160GB and a few games than to have none.

Cheers

:)

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^ : can we copy the games to internal HDD ? to avoid scratches on discs due to continuous usage ?

i will play games like nfs the run on my PC. i will only play console exclusive titles on PS3 :D

1. which console to buy ?

[i dont care bluray, but ps3 has better exclusives for me. but xbox 360 is cheaper]

Ps3

2. If i swap HDD to 500GB/1TB. will this void the warranty of PS3?
No it won't.
3. which one should i buy in case of ps3??? 160 GB or 320GB considering we can swap HDD with our own 2.5 inch HDDs . does it worth spending 3k more?
160 Gb should suffice your needs assuming you won't be using your ps3 to keep bd-movies and game from PSN.
4. can i play on a LCD with DVI and VGA input? [no HDMI]
Yep you can. It comes with VGA cable.
5. can i buy a 200 wala USB gamepad ? from enter, zebronics?? and use it as 2nd gamepad to play with frnds ??

No. Only certified sony gamepads work which cost about 1.5k each.
6. can we copy the original game discs to internel HDD and run the games from the HDD instead of the disc? without modding/hacking the console ?
No you can't, unless you want to go illegal and Jailbreak your PS3.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
thx JojoTheDragon.

one more question. i am buying PS3 for sure. but my friend thinks that Blu ray discs will be screwed after 10-12 days of gaming. what is the reliability of these discs?

he will buy ps3 only, if he could copy og games to HDD, which as u said cannot be done widout modding. so how long the discs will last if handled properly and always kept in case?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
as far as my experience can tell me, BRDs are the least prone to scratches amongst the whole optical media disc lot (unless ofcourse you really abuse them; though they still can endure some amount of manhandling)....give them their share of care, and they wont show any sign of misuse. lay your worries aside and go ahead....ask your friend to do the same too :)

Sarath

iDota
^Well I haven't seen any of my BDs getting screwed as yet. I have a friend who abuses them too but they haven't given up.

Technically BDs are supposed to be better than DVDs. But practically too it seems to hold up. Have no worries. Anything else that your friend has stuck up his mind?

thx JojoTheDragon.

one more question. i am buying PS3 for sure. but my friend thinks that Blu ray discs will be screwed after 10-12 days of gaming. what is the reliability of these discs?

BD Discs are very durable and they last long even when left unused for days in its box at good condition. So just handle the discs with care and keep them in their covers and they should be fine.

he will buy ps3 only, if he could copy og games to HDD, which as u said cannot be done widout modding. so how long the discs will last if handled properly and always kept in case?

Ps3 doesn't need to be modded for Jailbreaking. But get a cheap dongle and lalalala your way. I can't help you in this regard because you can't copy game discs to hdd completely without jailbreaking which is illegal as par sony.
Be original and buy original games. :)

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
1.If you do not care about the blu-ray thing, then xbox is a better choise. Its little cheaper too.
2.Go for xbox, it has no problems with external hard discs.
3.If you go for a PS3, then buy the 320GB version, as you might have problems regarding expantion in hard disc space.
4.You have to buy a converter cable in that case.
5.Do not go for some cheapo game pads, but still they work. NOTE: They would not give the experience of an original or some good quality gamepad. Also, the xbox controller is a better controller than the PS3 controller.
6.I'm not sure, but i think it can be done in an xbox 360.

Sarath

iDota
^Despite owning a PS3 I can say that both the xbox and ps are almost the same. Its just the exclusives like GoW and Heavy Rain that tipped me towards the PS3

Top Bottom