Buying Advice For Best Music Quality

Neal

Right off the assembly line
Hey.. Good Morning Everyone.
I am planning to buy a Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman.
I am Music Lover.. So want it only for Music Quality.
I know that, Now it is out of Market.
Because it was a released a year ago.
And Sony Xperia has now launched in the market too.
I think That quality is not in Xperia Tipo..
Therefore,It's my own decision to remain steady,go with Live with walkman.
But, I am still confuse. i can't decide, should i go for it.? or No.?
Therefore, Want to know the opinion of the expert.
So Please... Please... Help me to choose best Music Quality.

With Regards,
Neal
11-07-2012

Vignesh B

Youngling
I don't want to put you off track, but if you really want only audiophile grade products, why don't you go with a dedicated music player? It will any day provide better quality than a smartphone. Just my 2 cents.
But if you want to have a smartphone, what is your budget and requirements(other than music)?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
I don't want to put you off track, but if you really want only audiophile grade products, why don't you go with a dedicated music player? It will any day provide better quality than a smartphone. Just my 2 cents.
But if you want to have a smartphone, what is your budget and requirements(other than music)?

+1 OP can take ipod instead.. As far as I know no phone comes under 13 - 14k having say a great music quality.. Else buy good piece of headset to match the quality..

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Its got a really good speaker, that I can assure you. But once the earphones go in, the difference isnt that big. I am comparing it to my ray here. There is really no way to explain it, and the best thing for you would be to get hold of two phones and hear them out yourself.

If you are just asking if there's any difference between the sound quality of Live with Walkman as compared to other phones, then your answer is yes, definitely.

Empirial

Youngling
If you don't wanna spend much & can do without Android then buy Nokia 603. The SQ via headphones is excellent, just make sure to turn off that 'Loudness' in Music Player settings. But if you need Android then go with Xolo X900. Yes it doesn't have MicroSD slot & SQ is slighty less warmer then Nokia but overall it is a better choice then other cheap droids.

Empirial

Youngling
You can also buy HTC Desire X. GsmArena says,"Impressive Audio Quality - The audio output test was another area, where we noticed a significate difference between the HTC Desire X and the Desire V. The dual-core smartphone not only outperformed its dual-SIM sibling, but it posted some of the most impressive scores we have seen from the company's devices. An active external amplifier lets the Desire X get excellent scores all over the field. There are no weak points to its performance and combined with the above average volume levels, this makes up for a pretty solid showing here. More impressively, there is virtually no degradation when headphones come into play. Some intermodulation distortion creeps in, but that's hardly detectable in anything but lab conditions. Amazingly the stereo crosstalk reading was unaffected and the overall output was certainly among the cleanest we have seen in this scenario".

Link : HTC Desire X review: Needs and wants - GSMArena.com

ujjwal321

Journeyman

I don't agree. Sound quality of mobile phones today can rival any high end dap. Its a mistake to think that just because a product does just one thing it will always be better than a multipurpose product. After all the only thing that makes a difference in sound quality is just a small chip.

nx112

Broken In
Live With walkman is the best in sound quality in its range.But now Sony ericsson turned Sony and you will have to suffer if LWW got any defect(in any part) because the parts availability is less for SE mobiles now and you have to wait for atleast 2 months to get you mobile back on track once again.Also the ICS of LWW is a way buggy so if u buy LWW you have to stick with Gingerbread.
I suggest go with Xperia U [no sd card support :( ] or buy htc desire X.
If you can buy more low end phone with music quality ,then Xperia Tipo is the decent in audio and Samsung Galaxy Music is on the way(which will get jelly bean update as well),i don't know its release date.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just for the records.. you need a good pair of Ear Phones with either your phone or PMP . bundled earphones are usually sub par. investing in a good earphones makes a lot of difference to the experience.

offtopic: I wonder why members keep replying even when OP isn't replying for a week :p. Kudos to TDF members for the enthusiasm :D

Hrishi

Just for the records.. you need a good pair of Ear Phones with either your phone or PMP . bundled earphones are usually sub par. investing in a good earphones makes a lot of difference to the experience.

offtopic: I wonder why members keep replying even when OP isn't replying for a week :p. Kudos to TDF members for the enthusiasm :D
SO that if someone has the same query , they can have a good idea from the replies.

Btw , As far as SQ is concerned N91 was the Boss amongst portable media player. Unrivalled.
Next is Samsung Galaxy S with a wolfson DAC.A little bit of tweaking , and sound reproduction is much better.
Iphone too has good sound reproduction.

AFA good portable Media players are concerned , either go for Apple Ipods , or try Sansdisk Sansa series , or Toshiba Gigabeats.
They have excellent audio reproduction despite of a low price tag.

However alongwith a good media player device , you need a very decent and suitable IEM Earphones.

Top Bottom