Buy samsung Galaxy SII now?Read below

tanmayraj

Broken In
I want to purchase android smartphone at a budget of max 22000 and i have shortlisted Samsung Galaxy SII.I want following spec for my phone-
1GB RAM.
Good battery Life with Removable battery.
4 or 4.3 incg screen
Super amoled screen with Corning Gorilla Glass.
Android version is a big problem.
8MP Camera with HDrecording

Please tell me,according to my spec,SII is good selection or not.I know SII is almost 20 month old,but still it compete with latest devices.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
The S2 is an outdated and over priced phone. Check out the Xperia S/SL- way better than the S2.... someone in the forum is getting it at 21600 at Indiatimes. If you can spend a bit more (27k)- you might as well get a LG Optimus 4X and 1k more will net you the Galaxy S3

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
I wouldn't say that the S2 is completely outdated, but it is definitely overpriced. Please go for one of the Sony Xperia phones as they offer the best price-spec ratio :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Xperia SL all the way, avoid ebay/tradus, go for saholic or flipkart.

Sony Xperia SL Price in India, Latest Price, Specifications, Reviews - 91mobiles.com

My personal opinions: Get S2 or Xperia SL......

If you are planning to root your device & install custom ROMs, then S2 would be great as it has great support by devs.
If you are going to use phone in stock condition(no rooting), then get SL because of its higher pixel density screen & better camera.

I bought my S2 recently(2 months ago) @ 23.5k. Now i have it rooted & Android 4.1 installed.

tkin

Back to school!!
SL currently has huge Dev support, sony even released the Xperia Z kernel before launch, while not as much as SGS II, sony is catching up fast, with SL at 23k SGS II pricing is daylight robbery, for that pathetic hardware.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
personally i checked S2 and Sony SL, Galaxy S2's screen look like a small child in front of Sony's SL :D

ankit360

Journeyman
using s2 since past 3 month . don't feel it two year old phone . personally i like design of xperia . i never see 720p screen phone yet so don't know how it's good compare to wvga in real world

OP
T

tanmayraj

Broken In
personally i checked S2 and Sony SL, Galaxy S2's screen look like a small child in front of Sony's SL :D

I agree,s2 used WVGA tech,but display is not a big deal for my phone.i want a powerful phone and s2 it is.
SL have 1.7ghz of scorpion (qualcomm snapdrogon S3) but S2 have 1.2 of Cortex A9
Speed wise - Scorpion<A7<A9.

If you can find One S for 22-23k then it is the best option otherwise SL is good too.

My first choice HTC One S,but it is not available in market since 2-3 month.Then i came to know One S in India have Snapdragon S3(Scorpion) which is less efficient in power management and in performance in compare to HTC One S(International version with Snapdragon S4 (Krait))
Same case applicable to Sony Xperia Sl.

tkin

Back to school!!
I agree,s2 used WVGA tech,but display is not a big deal for my phone.i want a powerful phone and s2 it is.
SL have 1.7ghz of scorpion (qualcomm snapdrogon S3) but S2 have 1.2 of Cortex A9
Speed wise - Scorpion<A7<A9.

My first choice HTC One S,but it is not available in market since 2-3 month.Then i came to know One S in India have Snapdragon S3(Scorpion) which is less efficient in power management and in performance in compare to HTC One S(International version with Snapdragon S4 (Krait))
Care to elaborate where you had learnt this bit of news? :facepalm:

aroraanant

Explorer
We all know that the processor is inferior to that of the international version but still it is very good considering the price tag and there are not much good options available in that budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@OP if you want to buy S2, simply buy and get over with it. What are you trying to prove by pitting a 2yr old mobile with midrange spec against Sony's flagship.

Just for your kind info, Snapdragon is better than A9 clock to clock. Now consider Scorpion is clocked high. And about display, are you going to use the mobile turning it on or off? Display & processor matters the most in mobile. Then comes other stuff like storage, camera, battery, sensors.

tkin

Back to school!!
@OP if you want to buy S2, simply buy and get over with it. What are you trying to prove by pitting a 2yr old mobile with midrange spec against Sony's flagship.

Just for your kind info, Snapdragon is better than A9 clock to clock. Now consider Scorpion is clocked high. And about display, are you going to use the mobile turning it on or off? Display & processor matters the most in mobile. Then comes other stuff like storage, camera, battery, sensors.
^^ This, exactly this.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Well done Sam. @OP If you are too inclined towards S2, just get it. SL in all aspect is better than S2, and S2 pricing is complete rip-off.

@everyone in support of SL: What according to you should be S2's price for best buy ?

2 months ago I felt 23.5k as right price for it (SL & S were at around 26k)

@OP : Get SL, my recommendation too. You will not be able to feel power difference between the two.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
If galaxy S2 now comes near 18K, then it would still be the best phone in that range for 2013.

Top Bottom