Buy New Card!!!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ The Day Walker!

well gtx 460 1gb is a great card and is still worth it. If possible , get the msi cyclone gtx 460 1gb @ 10.5k. It performs equally with a 6850 1gb.

@ piyush

Gtx 560 non-ti is not a fail. It successfully competes with 6870 and and they are highly overclockable as well. Current indian pricing is a bit on the higher side but expect them to come down quickly once they become mainstream. I say its a viable alternative to the 6870 cards. Its still cheaper than 6870 launch price and almost all cards come factory overclocked out of the box.

Piyush

Lanaya
Gtx 560 non-ti is not a fail. It successfully competes with 6870 and and they are highly overclockable as well. Current indian pricing is a bit on the higher side but expect them to come down quickly once they become mainstream. I say its a viable alternative to the 6870 cards. Its still cheaper than 6870 launch price and almost all cards come factory overclocked out of the box.

once the price drops, then we will be able to say that price is justified for its performance.
I wonder why it is still not recommended else where , keep aside India

@ The Day Walker!

well gtx 460 1gb is a great card and is still worth it. If possible , get the msi cyclone gtx 460 1gb @ 10.5k. It performs equally with a 6850 1gb.

This is a good option for those who want to experience PhysX at that price bracket
but still 6850 @ 9.5k and the former @ 10.5k

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I think 560 got some very good reviews by most reviewers. They even said its worth it and finally a worthy successor to the popular gtx 460.

Check out toms and anandtech reviews. Their availability is a bit scarce so maybe thats why they are skipped.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
But Vicky, the overclocked 560 non Ti cards consumes a lot of power, sometimes higher than their TI brothers, far higher than HD 6870. And there are some overclocked HD 6870, like HIS ICEQ X TURBO X HD 6870, which can perform on the par with HD 6950 2 GB model nd beats the 560 Ti in stock speed, while keeping the power consumption on check.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
At 12-12.5k, the 560 is a BIG FAIL. I am not at all bothered about their launch prices and their US/Europe prices. Here it is priced high and performs way less compared to its competitors at the same price point.

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
if i dont get zotac gtx 460 768mb version.....(which is my 1st choice as budget calls)
then wots the price for.....
msi gtx 460 1gb cyclone
zotac gtx 460 1gb

as i m getting sparkle gtx 460 1gb for 10.3k here....

thanx

angel

Cilus

laborare est orare
MSI Cyclone GTX 460 1 GB will cost you around 10.5K. The Sparkle price is right but check how much warranty they are providing.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
if i dont get zotac gtx 460 768mb version.....(which is my 1st choice as budget calls)
msi gtx 460 1gb cyclone
zotac gtx 460 1gb

thanx

angel

Sparkle one is priced just right. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If MSI one is around 10.5k as Cilus pointed out then get it, else Sparkle.

Piyush

Lanaya
msi gtx 460 1gb cyclone
zotac gtx 460 1gb

thanx

angel

so you still dont want to uy HD 6850 which is available at lower prices then GTX 460 and is almost a better performer?!?

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
@piyush
i have never been into ati....
i have a pc since last 12 yrs,,, and always nvidia........
so i prefer nvidia over ati....and as such it also supports physx.....

if i get msi for that price then i would prefer msi...else
sparkle or zotac???

thanx

angel

Piyush

Lanaya
Sparke offers better value for money
where as Zotac have the better build quality

@piyush
i have never been into ati....
i have a pc since last 12 yrs,,, and always nvidia........
so i prefer nvidia over ati....and as such it also supports physx.....

if i get msi for that price then i would prefer msi...else
sparkle or zotac???

thanx

angel

i understand your concern
but things have changed a lot
until and unless you don't try AMD you won't get know why I urging you to go for HD 6850
Rest is all your choice
do inform us when you finalize the card

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
At 12-12.5k, the 560 is a BIG FAIL. I am not at all bothered about their launch prices and their US/Europe prices. Here it is priced high and performs way less compared to its competitors at the same price point.

I don't think it performs way less than its competitors. It performs on par with a 6870 and that is its true competitor. Overclocked 560's are even outperforming their ti brothers in stock.

You are getting confused with the 550-ti i guess. Afaik, only the zotac 560 had some high power consumption whereas the others including the asus direct cu II had acceptable power levels and delivered rock solid performance. Check out the guru 3d reviews here & here.

*img37.imageshack.us/img37/3679/avg1920.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

560-non-ti's avg performance is higher (marginally) than the 6870. How can you say its a fail?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just make sure that you aren't getting GTX 550 Ti. Get anything else HD 6770, HD 6790, GTX 460 1GB or HD 6850 1GB.

and do get a reliable PSU. No CM Extreme series.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Lets help OP in his query instead of pointing each other out

Buddy the picture i had posted also has relative performance of gtx 460, 6790, 6850 etc. Op will definitely benefit from it as he can compare the performance of various cards including the ones he had shortlisted.

Piyush

Lanaya
I was pointing to 560s discussion
we know that OP wont be going any card above than 460....thats why...
anyways lets stop it here
BTW the picture you posted was informative actually

Top Bottom