Buy New Card!!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it performs way less than its competitors. It performs on par with a 6870 and that is its true competitor. Overclocked 560's are even outperforming their ti brothers in stock.

You are getting confused with the 550-ti i guess. Afaik, only the zotac 560 had some high power consumption whereas the others including the asus direct cu II had acceptable power levels and delivered rock solid performance. Check out the guru 3d reviews here & here.

*img37.imageshack.us/img37/3679/avg1920.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

560-non-ti's avg performance is higher (marginally) than the 6870. How can you say its a fail?

From the MSI GeForce GTX 560 Twin Frozer II review from Guru3D, I find its in favour of 6870 in 6-4 in all the benchmarks with 1 tied. Apparently, they were comparing a reference clocked 6870 to OCed 560. Nevertheless, the 560 is already some 1k extra than 6870. The TF II version should cost a bit more.

To cut a long story short, I am paying more for slightly lower or equal performance. And no I am not getting it confused with 550Ti. ;) With a price cut a 560 may be recommended though.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Vicky, the overclocker version of GTX 560 Non Ti versions which can perform closer or beat their big Ti brothers are just $15-$20 cheaper than the original GTX 560 Ti cards (even slightly overclocked ones). So it is very hard to recommend the Oced GTX 550 Non Ti cards. Another reason is when overclocked they consume hell of a power, beating the GTX 560 Ti easily. So the overclocked versions cannot be recommended as you will get better product by paying a little extra money.

Now comparison to HD 6870...560 beats it by very very less margin in HD 6870's stock speed. Now there are Oced version of GTX 6870s are also available like the Sapphire Toxic and HIS IceQX Turbo X versions which can actually perform slightly better than GTX 560 Ti versions and on the par with HD 6950 as you know BART architecture responds better in overclocking. Their prices are also just $10 higher than the reference models. The HIS one is available in just $210, an an expense of extra $15 and offering performance close to a $270 HD 6950.

I'm not saying GTX 560 non Ti is a bad card. But the thing is the market is already overcrowed with efficient and performance cards on that price point & it is hard to find a place for GTX 560.

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
Oh common get any card with the 7-9k price range. It doesn't matter AMD or Nvidia. As of now there wont be any huge fps drop. For games like Metro 2033 and Mafia II keep the resolution low and enjoy the rest. Let me tell you one big fact, Even if you buy a card with 3-5k price range you can still enjoy the games at playable framerate. By the time you feel your card has reached its peak, get a new one :) Nvidia will soon launch its kepler and AMD with its 7xxx series. AMD and Nvidia for me both produce amazing cards. I am a Nvidia fanboi so will go with the newly launched GTX550ti.
Here is the performance chart for GTX 550ti, choose any game.
GeForce.com - Get the Most Out of Your GPU

Last edited:
OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
pals....
finally i have confirmed msi gtx 460 1gb gddr5/OC version for 10.4k.....

now as for the psu,,,
i m gettig cooler master 400w for 1.8k
will that b good???

thanx

angel

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
It must be extreme series whereas I won't call it bad from my personal experience, get something better.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@skud,
its cooler master 400w extreme series......
will that suffice..?

thanx

angel
we are honestly tired of saying the same things again and again. Cooler Master Extreme series is the worst PSU you can buy only par with Local PSUs. It has worked for some people, and not worked for many.

Sometimes Google and searching through the forum helps too. We are not here to spoonfeed.

Sorry for my frustration, but I am tired of people asking the same old questions again and again regarding CM Extrme Power Plus.

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
guys...
here at my place......i m getting the following psu's....
VIP
COOLER MASTER
ANTEC
XFX

since VIP and COOLER MASTER is no from u all...

so suggest a good smps from the above brands....

thanx

angel

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
finally placed the order,,,,, for the card.....
will b receiving in 2 days time....
MSI GTX 460 Cyclone 1gb/OC edition in 10.4k

thanx for helpin guys...... and making a good decision...

now just got 2 days for making a proper decision in selecting PSU (not 2 costly....as my budget is already over budget)

so guys needed prices....

XFX Classic 650W
antec 450w
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 430w

thanx

angel

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
finally placed the order,,,,, for the card.....
will b receiving in 2 days time....
MSI GTX 460 Cyclone 1gb/OC edition in 10.4k

thanx for helpin guys...... and making a good decision...

now just got 2 days for making a proper decision in selecting PSU (not 2 costly....as my budget is already over budget)

so guys needed prices....

XFX Classic 650W
antec 450w
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 430w

thanx

angel
I
I will suggest you to purchase online(Corsair GS600 or FSP SAGA 500Watt) otherwise antec 450w psu is good.

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
i have asked a friend of mine staying in mumbai..to get me the price for
corsier cx430 psu...
if its ok..then ill get the psu from him..as he does up down 1ce every weak....

@sukesh1090
pal i asked 3 dealers in my city but non said yes for corsier,,, and all havent even heard of fsp psu....

thanx

angel

Top Bottom