Burnout is out for PC, get your hands dirty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,Burnout Paradise Ultimate is out for PC and will be available in India from Feb 3 i.e. tomorrow.
Source
All the discussion related to this game can be done here.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
AFAIK it's Feb 5th for the North American release. Can't wait for this game. Been waiting for the PC version for like ages now. Hope Criterion start porting BLACK on the PC as well. :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Screenshots:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30398_pfgpf/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-23-34-51.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30399_pfr7e/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-24-30-62.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30400_76np3/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-27-13-79.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30401_fyasb/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-27-50-29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30402_rd1v4/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-35-12-04.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30403_hykyx/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-35-16-84.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30404_jhn5y/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-47-27-64.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30405_aiwak/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2007-49-22-25.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/30406_0ovoq/BurnoutParadise%202009-02-04%2008-03-26-14.jpg

This is with everything set to maximum @1280x1024 with 4X AA. Getting 45-60Fps. :D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Awessome GOD arcade racing game.... its fun , fun and endless fun.... I am enjoying the heck out of it for the last hour... :) Burnout Legends on PSP seems to flatout dull in front of this... running at 1680x1050/Max Details/8X AA... and getting over 70 FPS avg.... although looks a bit drag and plasticky when compared to GRID, the gameplay is fantastic..:)

Anyways, lookie what I found .. nVidia seems to have funded the game wholeheartedly... Paradise City is full of its ads,,, check out below: :D

*img128.imageshack.us/img128/264/foundet5.th.jpg

*img128.imageshack.us/img128/4363/found1fg0.th.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Yes it does.

This does not seem to connect with any of the earlier Burnout series at all. I had high hopes on this title, assuming, it would be pretty similar to Burnout: Revenge. The gameplay is very dull to be frank. There isn't an offline LAN mode, which is shocking. Paradise mode seems pretty much like NFS: Undercover's career mode redux minus the cop chases. The mini-map is very vague & it doesn't provide beacon support to provide a pin-point on the destination. It gets extremely difficult to track the location during a race or a timed event.

It has a shabby list of soundtracks too. I loved the way it started off with Guns 'N Roses "Paradise City" track, but then I was appalled to hear Avril Lavinge's "Girlfriend" playing somewhere down the line. :mad:

Anyway, the game's graphical performance is rock steady. It looks pretty similar to Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. AA seems a bit broken. Not very demanding on the system either. So 2 points for the optimisation bit.

I didn't understand the purpose of Party mode in this game. It just gives you 3 variety of modes to play in & supporting upto 8 players. But the 8 players aren't for simultaneous play. They have to await their turn after each one completes their run. What a mess? :(

People who have played & enjoyed previous Burnout games, it's nothing similar to them. The awesome feeling of taking down rivals & the adrenaline rush is somehow dumbed down in this game. I'll try giving it some more time but not sure if I'll be able to hold on to it.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I played a Burnout game on XBOX 360, don't know its name, it was all about rash driving & blasting traffic. Is it same like that?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
There were only 2 Burnout titles on the Xbox 360, Burnout: Revenge & Burnout: Paradise. I'm pretty sure the one you're talking about is Burnout: Revenge. That was the best Burnout title till date. I enjoyed it tremendously on my PS2. So was expecting a similar game. But Criterion has obviously revamped & messed up the gameplay for this title.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
This does not seem to connect with any of the earlier Burnout series at all. I had high hopes on this title, assuming, it would be pretty similar to Burnout: Revenge. The gameplay is very dull to be frank. There isn't an offline LAN mode, which is shocking. Paradise mode seems pretty much like NFS: Undercover's career mode redux minus the cop chases. The mini-map is very vague & it doesn't provide beacon support to provide a pin-point on the destination. It gets extremely difficult to track the location during a race or a timed event.

People who have played & enjoyed previous Burnout games, it's nothing similar to them. The awesome feeling of taking down rivals & the adrenaline rush is somehow dumbed down in this game. I'll try giving it some more time but not sure if I'll be able to hold on to it.

Agreed for the most part... actually I played it like for 2 hrs and suddenly it started to feel boring and drag because its the same things over and over, there is minimal novel incentives to get forward with.... but the gameplay is OK I suppose, pure arcade and its alright for casual adrenaline rush.. and I agree with the music... it dumbs down the excitement after a little while... :x I remember playing NFS:UG and MW and the soundtrack was blood-boiling.. sustained the adrenaline rush....

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I played Burnout 3 - Takedown on the XBox a few years ago. It was awesome. But I'm pretty disappointed with this game on the PC. :(

Played the game today. Feels even better with the 360 controller. Just had some hard time finding the exit button. LOL!
Getting 60 FPS constant,great optimization and stunning graphics plus the awesome burnout gameplay. 9/10 from my side.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Could find Alt+f4 as the only feasible option to quit the game :D
The game is good.It took me 3 races to get the feel of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom