burn iso on pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Burning is a term associated with optical media, not pen drives. What you can do here is to create a Virtual Cd drive, load your iso file in to that, and copy the contents from that image to the PD.

Pathik

Google Bot
does ur mobo support booting from pen drives???? if no then u cant boot 4m it even if u succeed in burning it... for non bootable ones jus extract the contents and copy them to ur pen drive...

hansraj

In the zone
Lucky_star said:
Burning is a term associated with optical media, not pen drives. What you can do here is to create a Virtual Cd drive, load your iso file in to that, and copy the contents from that image to the PD.

i dont think if u have a bootable image u can copy the bootable files from it.... what i know is the files needed for boot up are not shown in the virtual drive too... you will end up copying all the files other than the ones responsible for booting up...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^Yah, I doubted that too, but I thought it would work...

@Hansraj, that avatar you have is nice. If I am rite, is it from the movie Spirit-Stallion of Cimarron? Its one of my favourites

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Lucky_star said:
^^Yah, I doubted that too, but I thought it would work...

@Hansraj, that avatar you have is nice. If I am rite, is it from the movie Spirit-Stallion of Cimarron? Its one of my favourites

The movie is a benchmark for animation movies :cool:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
IMHO... If its a linux boot .iso 1mag3 then ,it'll boot even if just the iso image is copied to the pendrive... Am not totally sure though..
Try it to check whether it actualy works...

hansraj

In the zone
thanks to all.... even i liked this movie... and more so the dvd menu... its so lovely that i only keep changing the options on the menu sometimes...

even iam working on the same subject... how to get the iso images on the pendrive ... as i dont want to waste even a single cd ... its more of a challenge for me than being a matter of using the cd..

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I guess this helps...
*www.pendrivelinux.com/category/how-to-install-linux-on-a-usb-stick/

Will keep you posted for more later..
cheers.
rep me if this was helpful(i know it sounds cheap, but anyway.. ;) )

OP
vinit suri

vinit suri

Broken In
thanks a lot guys..............................i tried eveythin but it does not work...:!::!::!::!:..ne ways thanks a lot..:):):)

hansraj

In the zone
there is one more way by which u can copy the contents of bootable part in the pen drive but it does not work for all kind of iso files.
if the image file on booting up loads the files in a: drive i.e. generally the win 98 or win me cd do the same thing... then u can copy the files from A:/ to your hard disk and then again start u r os and copy those files to your pen drive with the other available folders on the image file.
But this method works only if the booting up uses the emulation and A:/ is used by it while booting up from the cd.
by the way what image file do you have n u want to copy??

pillainp

Journeyman
1. Download and install UltraISO trial.

2. Plug in your pen drive.

3. Open UltraISO as Administrator (right-click shortcut, "Run as Administrator")

4. Open the CD/DVD image file you want to write to pendrive in this instance of UltraISO (File>Open).

5. Under the Bootable menu, select Write Disk Image.

6. A new dialog should open up, listing your pen drive(s).

7. Select the pendrive you want to write your image to.

8. Set the Write Method to USB-HDD (or USB-HDD+ if your BIOS supports it).

9. Click the Write button, and then click Yes/OK in the warning dialog (All data on this drive will be destroyed ....... do you want to continue) that pops up.

8. Sit back, relax and enjoy a drink.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom