Budget Rig for 25k (Strict)

ratul

█████████████████
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Balanced (As much VFM as possible, slight gaming, slight office work).

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k (Strict)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7x64 (Already have)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, thinking for Dell 2030M (2240L would stretch the budget).

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: n/a.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Plenty.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, would prefer from Nehru Place.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Buying for a friend, so suggest both intel and amd configs. i3 3rd gen would be good as i have seen 4th gen isn't justifying it's cost.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Balanced (As much VFM as possible, slight gaming, slight office work).

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k (Strict)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7x64 (Already have)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, thinking for Dell 2030M (2240L would stretch the budget).

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: n/a.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Plenty.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, would prefer from Nehru Place.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Buying for a friend, so suggest both intel and amd configs. i3 3rd gen would be good as i have seen 4th gen isn't justifying it's cost.

which games and software does he need?if he isnt into extreme games and software like crisis 3 or photoshop id suggest i3rd gen with a decent motherboard and 4gb ram , minimum amd HD6450(7730 recommended if possible)
it should perform decently for most games
i have a spare pc with a core 2 duo-2.4ghz,4gb ram and HD6450 and it runs everything i throw at it so its a safe bet though future stuff may need more punch with a 7730 atleast

- - - Updated - - -

ps-im not very good at choosing motherboards etc :( the specs i mentioned should be decent imo

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
which games and software does he need?if he isnt into extreme games and software like crisis 3 or photoshop id suggest i3rd gen with a decent motherboard and 4gb ram , minimum amd HD6450(7730 recommended if possible)
it should perform decently for most games
i have a spare pc with a core 2 duo-2.4ghz,4gb ram and HD6450 and it runs everything i throw at it so its a safe bet though future stuff may need more punch with a 7730 atleast

- - - Updated - - -

ps-im not very good at choosing motherboards etc :( the specs i mentioned should be decent imo

the games won't be any fancy like crysis 3, it would be at most san andreas, nfsmw (2005) like that, mostly for home use, i3 is what i am considering because of him into some designing stuff too (slight photoshop, simple autocad designs etc.)
The rig you have seems to be good, but core2duo is a problem (he needs an upto date config) and graphics card is not necessary.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
the games won't be any fancy like crysis 3, it would be at most san andreas, nfsmw (2005) like that, mostly for home use, i3 is what i am considering because of him into some designing stuff too (slight photoshop, simple autocad designs etc.)
The rig you have seems to be good, but core2duo is a problem (he needs an upto date config) and graphics card is not necessary.

i know i mentioned core 2 duo as the i3 is based off core 2 duo, more powerful ofcourse and more efficient
the HD4000 can handle GTA 4 on Medium if needed, tested when i had dells crappy drivers on my 7520 and my 7730m wouldnt work

btw autocad is more cpu intensive as far as i know , if thats the case even amd is a viable option if he wants multicore

quicky008

Technomancer
How about the following config:

Intel Core i3 4130 -7500,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Value select 2 GB DDR3-1500
Antec VP450P -2600,
Dell E2014H 19.5" LED -6500

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
instead of b85m d3h, get gigabyte h81m s1. it should be enough. choose dell s2240l at 8.5k instead of any 20" ones.
choose 4gb ram at minimum. it should come under 25k.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
instead of b85m d3h, get gigabyte h81m s1. it should be enough. choose dell s2240l at 8.5k instead of any 20" ones.
choose 4gb ram at minimum. it should come under 25k.

ok, so this:
Gigabyte H81M s1 -3700,
Corsair Value select 4 GB DDR3-3000
Antec VP450P -2600,
WD Blue 500GB- 3000
Local Cabinet- 1000
K/b-Mouse combo- 700
Total: 28000

With S2240L
Total: 30k.

Slightly going out of his budget.. :(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
ok, so this:
Gigabyte H81M s1 -3700,
Corsair Value select 4 GB DDR3-3000
Antec VP450P -2600,
WD Blue 500GB- 3000
Local Cabinet- 1000
K/b-Mouse combo- 700
Total: 28000

With S2240L
Total: 30k.

Slightly going out of his budget.. :(

you cant get b85m d3h for 3.7k.;) i think you meant the h81m s1.
the ram could be cheaper. get kingston hyperx blu 4gb.much better than value select and is available for 2.5-2.7k locally. antec bp300p will be enough. if he will even plan on adding a gpu, choose the vp450p one,else the bp300p is more than enough. try to accommodate the dell s2240. much better and worth every penny.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
you cant get b85m d3h for 3.7k.;) i think you meant the h81m s1.
the ram could be cheaper. get kingston hyperx blu 4gb.much better than value select and is available for 2.5-2.7k locally. antec bp300p will be enough. if he will even plan on adding a gpu, choose the vp450p one,else the bp300p is more than enough. try to accommodate the dell s2240. much better and worth every penny.

hmm yeah, i edited it.. :p
i'll try, maybe we can use an i3 3rd gen to save some bucks, or any amd equivalent config that could be under 25k?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
hmm yeah, i edited it.. :p
i'll try, maybe we can use an i3 3rd gen to save some bucks, or any amd equivalent config that could be under 25k?

no need to go with already EOLed products. you will find difficulty in finding a motherboard ,say,after 2 years. so if something happens, then be ready to change both cpu+mobo.
so always choose latest generation cpus. i3 4130 is not very costly either. you may be able to find it below 7.5k. ask in many shops as possible.

for amd, you can consider,
fx 6300 - 7.2k
gigabyte 78lmt usb3 - 4.2k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb - 2.7k
rest the same.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
no need to go with already EOLed products. you will find difficulty in finding a motherboard ,say,after 2 years. so if something happens, then be ready to change both cpu+mobo.
so always choose latest generation cpus. i3 4130 is not very costly either. you may be able to find it below 7.5k. ask in many shops as possible.

for amd, you can consider,
fx 6300 - 7.2k
gigabyte 78lmt usb3 - 4.2k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb - 2.7k
rest the same.

thanks, i'd state these options to him.. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Stick with the intel setup. Quite better for gaming

Read the op again, he said light gaming and autocad, autocad is cpu intensive , it wants more cores and raw power, intel may be more efficient and better for gaming but for op's needs , AMD fx series makes more sense

hitesh

In the zone
Read the op again, he said light gaming and autocad, autocad is cpu intensive , it wants more cores and raw power, intel may be more efficient and better for gaming but for op's needs , AMD fx series makes more sense

First of all that's not mentioned in the OP

Secondly 'simple autocad' was mentioned. Now I use solidworks/autocad, and let me tell you he wouldn't notice any (may be negligible) between that fx and i3

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
First of all that's not mentioned in the OP

Secondly 'simple autocad' was mentioned. Now I use solidworks/autocad, and let me tell you he wouldn't notice any (may be negligible) between that fx and i3
read the posts again,
my cousin uses autocad and he himself says it runs on i3 but fx's extra cores will make it smoother

hitesh

In the zone
read the posts again,
my cousin uses autocad and he himself says it runs on i3 but fx's extra cores will make it smoother

Yes they will, but not for 'simple autocad'. I think OP should mention what exactly he would be doing in autocad to clarify this

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yes they will, but not for 'simple autocad'. I think OP should mention what exactly he would be doing in autocad to clarify this

yeah thats true,if it isnt much intels are much more efficient and are a better choice

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████

my friend is actually into robotics, so he uses autocad etc. to make some part designs/models, not the big ones, just the basic ones, so i think he won't notice fx6300 more cores in that work..
i showed him these two options, he liked the intel one, but is still seeking to cut corners here and there to make it more close to 25k.. :|

hitesh

In the zone
If you go the i3 3220 (6.5k) + H61 mobo (3k) + VS350 (1.9k) route, you can save 2.4k
EDIT : I would still insist on spending a little and getting i3 4th gen. Try to convince him

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
If you go the i3 3220 (6.5k) + H61 mobo (3k) + VS350 (1.9k) route, you can save 2.4k
EDIT : I would still insist on spending a little and getting i3 4th gen. Try to convince him

i'd try, let's see what he finalizes.. :pray:

Top Bottom