Budget android dilemna

OP
K

kevz22

crazy techie
Thanks a ton for your replies guys...
Well my mom has agreed to extend my budget to 9k and so i wanted to know what the current market price of optimus 1 is? I wont be buying it online though. And has the dust accumulation problem been solved in the O1? Also i have previously used the Nokia 5233 and c5. So is the O1 better than them?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
9.5k street price and if you can, bargain and reduce. Dust problem is not solved but it can be fixed by service center guys as per Sam's post in some other thread.

har

In the zone
Thanks a ton for your replies guys...
Well my mom has agreed to extend my budget to 9k and so i wanted to know what the current market price of optimus 1 is? I wont be buying it online though. And has the dust accumulation problem been solved in the O1? Also i have previously used the Nokia 5233 and c5. So is the O1 better than them?

Definitely the O1 is the best buy at 9k. At my city the shops were quoting 10k-10.5k for it. So it was way out of budget for me . But it will be cheaper at around 9.5k at metros. My dad didnt allow me to buy online so I had to buy the pop at 8k. The O1 is definitely miles ahead.

aditya2696

Right here right now
9.5k street price and if you can, bargain and reduce. Dust problem is not solved but it can be fixed by service center guys as per Sam's post in some other thread.
are u trying to say that once i open my pack i will have to take that phone to service center right away?frankly i am little careless person and if this is the case then surely my o1 will be damaged in a week

also i would like to know about spice mi410 and about its review?at that price it is surely worth more than defy or wildfire s?

OP
K

kevz22

crazy techie
Is there any feature in android phones such as an Over-the-air firmware upgrade like the one found in nokia phones?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Is there any feature in android phones such as an Over-the-air firmware upgrade like the one found in nokia phones?

Yeah AFAIK it is, but it's region wise, so it may take a long time to get here.

However, Samsung has exquisite focus in India.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

If by "over the air" you mean without cables, then I do it all the time.

1. Download latest firmware from XDA using Wifi
2. Move it to root of SD Card
3. Boot into Custom Recovery
4. Flash the update and reboot.

Totally over the air... ;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. most of the devices support over the air firmware upgrade. Usually, the option to upgrade will be in the menu that lists OS's detail.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If by "over the air" you mean without cables, then I do it all the time.

1. Download latest firmware from XDA using Wifi
2. Move it to root of SD Card
3. Boot into Custom Recovery
4. Flash the update and reboot.

Totally over the air... ;)

:lol: you changed the meaning of OTA update :grin:

@kevz22, it varies from mobile to mobile. most mobile support it but it also depends on the region. with Samsung (in India particularly) you'll need KIES, LG is PC Suite4. Motorola & SE have no such problem as their customers never get any (major) update.

only HTC supports OTA here i think.

OP
K

kevz22

crazy techie
Accompanied my friend to the univercell showroom today to buy a phone for him and when i asked the sales guy there about the optimus one dust problem he said it hasnt been solved yet. So that was pretty much it for me. So i dont think i'll buy the O1...:(
Now the only options left are galaxy mini and optimus me. Can anyone tell me if the sony ericsson x10mini or x8 is still available in the market and how much would it cost???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hmmm, though i can't tell with absolute surety but the ppls who brought O1 after February-March are not facing the dust issue.

though at XDA some users are complaining about the dust problem. you better create a poll to check how many are facing this problem.

OP
K

kevz22

crazy techie
Hey guys....anyone using the sony ericsson x10 mini or x8???
Are these phones good??? I mean the features are quite good and the outdated OS problem can be easily solved by using custom roms. So are these phones worth buying? The x8 is available for around 9.5k. Whats the current market price of x10mini?
please do reply...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Are these phones good??? I mean the features are quite good and the outdated OS problem can be easily solved by using custom roms. So are these phones worth buying? The x8 is available for around 9.5k. Whats the current market price of x10mini?
please do reply...

SE X8 and x10 mini are outdated. They have outdated hardware, outdated software and are too expensive. Please don't buy them.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
please do reply...

things to mind:

X8 = 600Mhz proccy with 168ram = extremely bad multitasking. not even custom rom will help here. screen is only 3" & trust me, it'll hurt your android experience. i.e. no user satisfaction & waste of 10k

X10 mini = a SUPER 2.55" screen. forget about processor, ram, ROM, android. when you spend 10-11k in 2011, you should expect at least a 3.2" proper mobile.

if you think i am wrong, ignore my post & get one.

OP
K

kevz22

crazy techie
things to mind:

X8 = 600Mhz proccy with 168ram = extremely bad multitasking. not even custom rom will help here. screen is only 3" & trust me, it'll hurt your android experience. i.e. no user satisfaction & waste of 10k

X10 mini = a SUPER 2.55" screen. forget about processor, ram, ROM, android. when you spend 10-11k in 2011, you should expect at least a 3.2" proper mobile.

if you think i am wrong, ignore my post & get one.

Well u guys are the experts and i am the noob...thats why i am asking suggestions from you all...under such conditions how can i ignore when someone advises me something....:D
So any other good options for about 8.5-9k.
I really wanted to get the O1 but the dust problem hasnt been solved yet and the lg service centers in mangalore are pathetic. So i dont think i'll be buyin it.
Is the samsung galaxy pop going to get a Gingerbread upgrade. If yes then i'll buy it now and then after a year or so upgrade to a better phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So any other good options for about 8.5-9k.

another option is DELL XCD35 but it too isn't free of problems. slow proccy, uncertain ram (256Mb & heard newer ones are sold with 512Mb), avg camera, small battery (though battery backup maybe same as O1) are the main points but community support is there for ZTE Blade (same mobile) so it should work for this one too if you decide to install custom roms, kernels, etc. superb display (for price) & lastly its price is same as O1.

I really wanted to get the O1 but the dust problem hasnt been solved yet and the lg service centers in mangalore are pathetic. So i dont think i'll be buyin it.

i understand. and if there is dust problem, you'll start blaming us :grin:

Is the samsung galaxy pop going to get a Gingerbread upgrade. If yes then i'll buy it now and then after a year or so upgrade to a better phone.

may get. though there is no news of any update yet.

Top Bottom