BSNL to soon increase minimum post FUP broadband speed to 1Mbps

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Laying a milestone in Indian broadband landscape, countries largest broadband provider BSNL will soon increase the minimum broadband speed from existing 512Kbps to 1Mbps across all its unlimited plans. The new tariff will come into effect from August 1st, 2016 on PAN India basis cites a source.
BSNL to soon increase minimum post FUP broadband speed to 1Mbps will private operators follow the same

Edit 1 Mbps is live!!

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
is it applicable to their subscribers in west bengal?will they get a constant 1 mbps speed even after the depletion of their fup limit from 1st aug 2016?

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
is it applicable to their subscribers in west bengal?will they get a constant 1 mbps speed even after the depletion of their fup limit from 1st aug 2016?
As far as i know its applicable for all users!They also increased FUP limit from 1GB to 2 GB!

quicky008

Technomancer
i just checked the updated tariffs at bsnl's website-it only shows that the fup limit has increased from 1 to 3 gb but makes no mention whatsoever of any changes in speed-post FUP the speed is still gonna be 512 kbps like it was earlier.

Flash

Lost in speed
There's no official news from BSNL, in their site. Only other sites report 1Mbps FUP.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
There's no official news from BSNL, in their site. Only other sites report 1Mbps FUP.

I received a SMS from BSNL. It is indeed true.

Check the comments section, Several others have received such messages too.

quicky008

Technomancer
Even though my fup limit has depleted,i'm still getting 1 mbps download speeds(even after restarting my router)-lets see how long it lasts.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
It is 1mbps after FUP limit is exhausted. There was advertisements in the newspaper yesterday.

IMG_20160801_105909.jpg

TheSloth

The Slowest One
so what's failtel going to do now?
failtel is faaaaaine. What about ACT. They provide 256kbps after 20GB FUP. It is ridiculous for someone who has been using 2mbps speed till 20GB. I hope all ISPs take a note and dont ditch that note, do something about it.
Any reason to make sudden changes in plan? or this was coming all along and only I was not aware of it?

quicky008

Technomancer
^bsnl's subscriber base has been decreasing steadily for quite some time-it may be a last ditch attempt on their part to save their company.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
okk. But this came all of a sudden. It is good that they finally decided. Why this didn't happen earlier? Did they lay some cables down in this past one year or they were capable of this 1Mbps speed from the beginning but were just penny pinching kinda keeping all things and unwilling to give?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Has anyone got the new BSNL plan in Maharashtra?

failtel is faaaaaine. What about ACT. They provide 256kbps after 20GB FUP. It is ridiculous for someone who has been using 2mbps speed till 20GB. I hope all ISPs take a note and dont ditch that note, do something about it.
Any reason to make sudden changes in plan? or this was coming all along and only I was not aware of it?

ACT with 256Kbps! Which plan is that?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
the cheapest plan in bengaluru. 256kbps after FUP.

- - - Updated - - -

plan cost is 675. but after taxand all it comes around 750/month

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
the cheapest plan in bengaluru. 256kbps after FUP.

- - - Updated - - -

plan cost is 675. but after taxand all it comes around 750/month

I wouldn't really complain about that. You have better plans available if you wanted more data like 1049Rs. plan @30Mbps with 50GB FUP limit. With BSNL the FUP data limit itself is very low like 5GB for 675Rs. plan that's why everyone focuses on the speed after FUP. You cannot easily consume a lot of data at lower speeds.

Top Bottom