BSNL to offer Broadband connectivity at 8 mbps..!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
[SOURCE]

Three-in-one `Broadband Multiplay'

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/new_images/dataone_bb.jpg

MADURAI: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is all set to introduce some of its next generation Internet services.
The new scheme titled `Broadband Multiplay' will have voice, video and Internet protocol television (IPTV) services in one package. While at present the connectivity speed of BSNL broadband connection is two megabits per second (MBPS), the new technology will enable connectivity at a speed of eight MBPS.
The IPTV service will enable access to content providers who will offer "content on demand." A `set top box,' either on a rental basis or outright purchase, will be provided to consumers to access this facility.
To be launched in 789 cities all over the country shortly, the requisite infrastructure was being put in place, a senior official said here on Monday. The feasibility study of the project had been completed and the equipment was being delivered to the sites for installation.
Madurai would be the base for the services offered in and around the city. It would be provided based on parameters such as density of customers in the vicinity of BSNL telephone exchanges and number of `Bfone' subscribers. In the initial stage, the project would be implemented using copper wires. A new futuristic technology, `Fibre to the home,' was in the final stage of technical valuation, the official said and expressed the hope that it would be implemented by the year-end.

shashank_re

In the zone
First they said bangalore,then chennai,then pune,and now madurai.They said they will start IPTV services from Jan 14 later they said april 10 and now soon!
BSNL is playing with us.Dont be happy with these news.Wait till they actually launch,hopefully in this decade!
And i confirmed from Airtel that they will start IPTV services from December!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
sigh! i wish they upgrade us Home 900 UL users upto 2mbps! thats enuff for me... i'm not even dreaming of an 8mbps connection!!!

freebird

Debian Rocks!
I have these guys digging and installing fibre cables inside my house courtyard for the past 2-3 days.the tamil workers says there will be no more telephone posts in the area.btw i am in the suburbs of a big town.:p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
infra_red_dude said:
sigh! i wish they upgrade us Home 900 UL users upto 2mbps! thats enuff for me... i'm not even dreaming of an 8mbps connection!!!
Hopefully, they will throw the newly outdated 2 Mbps connections our way once they launch the 8 Mbps connections for the capped plans. :p

T

thunderbird.117

So?. What are the plans?. 400 MB permonth Rs.200?. Haha. Unless they provide Unlimited connection iam not going to dream of this.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Nope...plans are 1MB for Rs 1000. :D In India broadband condition has worsened with high speed plans. Why doesn't these companies support downloaders like us!!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Well how about bytes? Well belive it or not atleast in Sify I have experienced speeds of 240bytes/second on worst days. :D and they call it broadband!!! :D :D

T

thunderbird.117

navjotjsingh said:
Nope...plans are 1MB for Rs 1000. :D In India broadband condition has worsened with high speed plans. Why doesn't these companies support downloaders like us!!

Because they dont want to waste money for the downloaders because they take lot of bandwidth and usage. They just want to take money.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Well, i think we should think positive guys. This is how technology comes in India. Remember what Mobile rates used to be few yrs back. See what they are now. :D

Same thing will happen to Broadband, before you know it it.....we will be one of the best if the not the best :)

The Point is....first the infrastructure is setup, then one Govt rule and policy and prices are down to earth :D

T

thunderbird.117

navjotjsingh said:
Well how about bytes? Well belive it or not atleast in Sify I have experienced speeds of 240bytes/second on worst days. :D and they call it broadband!!! :D :D

True about sify. I faces that so many times. Sify is so unreliable and the funny thing is that their profits are increasing. I wonder how.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Maybe because in Sify problem of troubleshooting is not much. One doesn't deal with Sify for connection problems. We can call our cable guy any time of day to get errors fixed even on Sundays or late night like 8PM. This convienience can't be found for any other type of net. This is one plus point of Sify and other cable connections.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Just visited, Airtel Site and look like they are ready for 8MBPS aswell. Check it out here :D

*airtelbroadband.in/aboutdsl.htm
DSL provides blazing-fast, secure Internet access and can be delivered to both homes and to businesses. Delivered right through a regular telephone line, data rates can vary from 128Kb to 8Mb per second depending on the type and cost of the service. DSL can be delivered to both homes and to businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom