BSNL to launch 'Fiber to Home' for high speed internet

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BSNL to launch 'Fiber to Home' for high speed Cost internet

Indore: BSNL here would launch by this month-end 'Fibre to Home' (FTH) facility for customers seeking internet, telephone and TV channels' access.

A high speed up to 100 mbps on internet would be given with FTH in which customers could download a movie in just one minute, a BSNL spokesman said today quoting Senior General Manager G C Pandey.

Besides, most of the popular TV channels, and landline phone services were annexed with FTH, he said.

BSNL also planned to extend FTH service at the Global Investor Meet, slated here next month for which mobile towers were erected, he said.

FTH network is being laid at the important points including High Court, State Bank of India, GP, IT Park, IIM and University area in the city too for the launch of the very service by the end of this month, he said.

For getting a FTH connection with a speed of one mbps the customers would have to pay Rs 300 per month, and for 100 mbps it would be about Rs 84,000 per month. Installation charges would be around Rs 1000, according to the BSNL tariff.

What was the fate of IPT service provided to customers on fixed landline, when asked the GM said there was some difficulty in getting private service players for IPT, and now FTH would get momentum.

LMAO!!! they cant even get the spelling right 'Fibre' ... at "Rs 84,000 per month" its either a typo or BSNL was out of their minds. Its suppose to be 'Fibre to Home' and 'Fibre to Filthy Rich' or 'Fiber to Enterprise'

BSNL to launch 'Fibre to Home' for high speed internet

EDIT: in fact that is the price..

*i.imgur.com/MI890.jpg

this image is from cached BSNL webpage of *www.bsnl.co.in:9080/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/bb_ftth.html which is not opening currently..

so would you be willing to pay ~Rs. 1 lac for 100Mbps true unlimited connection ? :lol:

on the other hand Beam BB has 20Mbps FUP @ Rs 2550/month . FUP 60GB, post FUP 6Mbps. :)

*www.beamtele.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=149&Itemid=104

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Old news :p

It's been available since more than a year. But to be frank some of the plans are more decent than BSNL Broadband. 10 mbps unlimited is 15k per month, whereas you get 4 mbps unlimited in Bsnl Broadband.

dafaq-kitten_o_154657.jpg

This is unreal. Before doing all this innovation stuff, improve thy gawddamn speed of the present plans FFS.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
the problem is BEAM has license only for HYD .. so it's useless to compare it to a pan india company

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
what i meant is that there is no point comparing, someone not staying can in HYD can never get BEAM. When a pan india operator starts FTH , then compare

raghupratap

Broken In
Seems quite expensive - even for enterprise level users who may be expected to pay higher charges. How many individual users will go for these plans? Zero, I think - there are a lot of cheaper, and more reliable options.

amir_nandolia

Right off the assembly line
My cousin sister using BSNL 299 plan and she is very much fed up with their services coz most of the time their connection is down. she is using broad brand connection from past 4 to 5 years she hardly use it because most of the time their internet services are quite slow and even their prices are too high. Not a good deal. :-(

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Overpriced.
Although the 100mbps plan pricing is good for collages and at enterprise level if they can provide true 100mbps.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
It feels so good to post after a very long time. BSNL is moving in the right direction, although pricing may make them shoot their own legs :-D

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Price + 'BSNL Disconnections' (like Valve Time) + outstanding service. I wonder who will use it.

Top Bottom