BSNL *Revised* Free Night Usage Broadband Charges with New Plan Names

amjath

Human Spambot
they are running bussiness in loss, way too many people ditched BSNL by not paying BSNL bills. Still they dont change. If this is a private company, it would bankrupted by now

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I was on 800 ULD plan and after seeing that they have increased the minimum speed on all plans to 512 Kbps there was no point in continuing with it.
So I have just applied for a change of plan to 675 ULD. 6 GB at 1 Mbps for an extra 125+tax simply doesn't cut it.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I changed my plan to BB home ul 545. It gives around 60KB/ps download speed. And it is unlimited and no FUP.

I applied and the next day i got an sms informing me that they have changed my plan and on the selfcare site also they have changed.

Not a bad plan.

Good news. Enjoy the Modi Raj. Acche din aa gaye. After railways, now f*cking with BSNL. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

BSNL is running in losses? LOL! Thats a shameless lie which all political parties promote. Same logic(a lie) was used in increasing railway fares. The plan is to sell out 50% shares of both BSNL and Railways eventually over next 15 years.

The truth is this -
1. BSNL is fully capable of providing UNLIMITED download to whole India, at 2 MBPS rate, without any losses. They will make profit even with rate of 500 Rupees/month.
2. The actual plan of indian leaders is to destroy PSU companies first by not letting them use their massive infrastructure(built with public money) and offering services like companies in Europe/US do(they make profits even with lower rates)
3. All PSU(public sector companies) in India have massive assets(but locked down by politicians). If BSNL is taken away from Telecom Ministry and is made free like ISRO(only Prime minister can issue orders and noone else in government), this company will beat even AT&T/Verizon in terms of profits and market value in just 10 years.

Guess who says this? An executive in Airtel told me all this.
Personally, i m against privatization because private firms have already started looting indians even when Government allowed them to own Internet-Gateway-servers in India(in other words - Airtel/Vodafone/TATA don't have to pay anyone else for using internet because they have setup their own gateways in Bharat. Before they used to pay BSNL because private firms were not allowed to connect to international cables/sea-cable-lines using their own servers, they had to go through BSNL)

When private firms were given permission to setup their own Internet gateways, the excuse given was - "This will make internet cheaper than BSNL". Well, effect was reverse - Private firms kept big profit in their pockets and transferred no benefits to us Indians.

After this policy BSNL remained low-cost, good value for money Internet provider for last 10 years. Now, government is taking away this benefit too by forcing BSNL to raise rates. It makes sense now - its necessary to defame BSNL so to legitimize selloff of its massive assets through share-market.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Believe me, two things are not gonna change until the old arseholes die or retire, the attitude of SBI employees and obviously BSNL.

I am laughing as hell at that editing reason of the above post by the way :lol:

Chetan1991

Youngling
Your vakya rachana is fine. If what you say is true, we need to free BSNL from clutches of greedy politicians and put an administration on top that cares about the customers.

In my opinion privatization is much better. Any company is screwed when administration is malicious, whether, whether private or public. Private companies have to perform or they go bankrupt, whereas Sarkaari companies just mooch off taxpayer's money.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well it's not that easy. The problem is BSNL is filthy rich. And they own all the ****ing towers, so I think all the other carriers like Bharti or Vodafone pays them a rent to use those.
If just by privatizing broadband would have done the job then I think it'd have been done a long ago. I can bet my arse off that government will always hold more than 51% stake of BSNL, thus it'll never go private. Two ways to look at it, either big guns like Essar (Vodafone) or Bharti Telecommunications need to match BSNL's market cap, then only they can get BSNL's attraction, that will be the first time we will have real rivalry, hence real competition, or the normal way, BSNL will enslave us as they have done in past.

The third and dreamy way to look at it will be someday BSNL will actually think for one second what the **** is going on here!

It's just like the old king era of ours, who said we are democratic?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Privatisation is not the answer. If that happens all those who live in villages and small towns will have to forget about connectivity.
Whatever has been told about BSNL fact still remains that only due to it that we have such good connectivity.
You say BSNL owns all those towers. But where did the money to put up all those towers? Why did no private telecom company put any tower there? Nobody prevented them.

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
The problem is BSNL is filthy rich. And they own all the ****ing towers

AAAnd 900 out of 6000 towers(bsnl) in kerala even lacks enough power backup just in case of sudden electricity shut down.the result is, those who are under such towers looses mobile signal as soon as the electricity goes...

Ironman

In the zone
INDIA is Going Under and we are just watching it Die ! .... Doing Nothing , but Playing the Blame Game !

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Good news. Enjoy the Modi Raj. Acche din aa gaye. After railways, now f*cking with BSNL. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

BSNL is running in losses? LOL! Thats a shameless lie which all political parties promote. Same logic(a lie) was used in increasing railway fares. The plan is to sell out 50% shares of both BSNL and Railways eventually over next 15 years.

The truth is this -
1. BSNL is fully capable of providing UNLIMITED download to whole India, at 2 MBPS rate, without any losses. They will make profit even with rate of 500 Rupees/month.
2. The actual plan of indian leaders is to destroy PSU companies first by not letting them use their massive infrastructure(built with public money) and offering services like companies in Europe/US do(they make profits even with lower rates)
3. All PSU(public sector companies) in India have massive assets(but locked down by politicians). If BSNL is taken away from Telecom Ministry and is made free like ISRO(only Prime minister can issue orders and noone else in government), this company will beat even AT&T/Verizon in terms of profits and market value in just 10 years.

Guess who says this? An executive in Airtel told me all this.
Personally, i m against privatization because private firms have already started looting indians even when Government allowed them to own Internet-Gateway-servers in India(in other words - Airtel/Vodafone/TATA don't have to pay anyone else for using internet because they have setup their own gateways in Bharat. Before they used to pay BSNL because private firms were not allowed to connect to international cables/sea-cable-lines using their own servers, they had to go through BSNL)

When private firms were given permission to setup their own Internet gateways, the excuse given was - "This will make internet cheaper than BSNL". Well, effect was reverse - Private firms kept big profit in their pockets and transferred no benefits to us Indians.

After this policy BSNL remained low-cost, good value for money Internet provider for last 10 years. Now, government is taking away this benefit too by forcing BSNL to raise rates. It makes sense now - its necessary to defame BSNL so to legitimize selloff of its massive assets through share-market.

ooh boy. that makes too much sense.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know it is too much to ask but i hope some people here know that when a company is listed on stock exchange anyone can buy shares of that company & become a owner(howsoever small) of that company.it essentially means that company now has an obligation towards share holders instead of earlier situation where it only answers to a bureaucrat or minister sitting in an AC room in Delhi unaware of what actually is the difference between kbps & KBps.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I just checked my bill for July online. Its Rs. 3400, which is acceptable.

I would have ditched BSNL for another ISP but I don't know any other which provides a good scheme at a reasonable rate. Now I'm looking into BSNL unlimited schemes which are below Rs. 1000 and have an acceptable download speed.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I looked at this page:

*www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_home_only_unlim.html

It says for the BB Home UL 545, "Bandwidth (Download Speed) : 512 Kbps flat." Now at present I have the 2 Mbps plan, and the download speed is around 230 kB/s; does this mean the UL 545 plan will give a download speed of 512 kB/s or will it give about 64 kB/s?

i know it is too much to ask but i hope some people here know that when a company is listed on stock exchange anyone can buy shares of that company & become a owner(howsoever small) of that company.it essentially means that company now has an obligation towards share holders instead of earlier situation where it only answers to a bureaucrat or minister sitting in an AC room in Delhi unaware of what actually is the difference between kbps & KBps.

Not true at all. Binary relationship don't work on Share-market companies.

One example from India - BSNL offers much better service+coverage+rates than Vodafone(atleast this is my experience. I think people have habit of blaming BSNL just for the sake of it. Yes, i understand that they don't keep hot chicks with shirt-pants to offer u overcostly plans with hidden charges but i feel superb visiting government owned mansion-sized BSNL office where i can sit n drink tea, and eat even bhajiya outside, and it has a big sized parking lot too. I feel i am in USA or in some parking of Russian defense laboratory. Going to vodafone stores is a sucking feeling in constrast - hot chicks but sad faces, not enough space to even stretch ur legs and they don't let u sit more than necessary. Well, that's the advantage of BSNL - YOU own that place, its public and i love it. :-D )

One example from USA - Walmart has lost in USA. Americans are forcing their politicians to bring laws to ban Walmart because its transferring all business activities(plus all infrastructure) under ownership of ONE FAMILY, while reducing whole population into mere "employees".

BSNL exists in India because our culture promotes "self-employment". We are not "Lets be worker of Mittal" type nation. In India, its considered bad tobe an employee(a person who is dependent on others for earning). Even Lohar(iron-smith) never worked under anyone, he owned his little shop, he was free & independent. Same with farmer, he owns his own land. He has freedom to work or not work, but noone can force or bully him. Similarly, working for BSNL gives u feeling of working for india, for its people because each penny of BSNL is from public money, not private investment of Mittal or some family.

Do we want to see BSNL under Sunil Bharti Mittal? Well, i don't give a f*ck to him, nor i want to see such Indian-public owned assets being sold to him. He can goto USA or Africa, and do this to them. Also, his decision is his responsibility. His actions are not binding on Indians - they can't say "we opened our markets to Mittal-Mart, now open urs for us". Well, we didn't ask u to.

How we deal with power of "Corporations" and "Globalization"(overhyped word) is something not properly discussed in India. It was forced through backdoor just like every other decision indian leaders forced upon people. Also, there are outlets(universities) where u can sell such crappy products to new generation so they become used to this in early age. This is like this because India never had a leader who was from grassroots. All leaders(PM) have reached top only after due-dilligence with powerful nexus. And i expect this situation to remain same even in future till some uprisng happens from massbase below & demolishes this BJP-Congress mega-brotherhood from political scene.

Top Bottom