BSNL *Revised* Free Night Usage Broadband Charges with New Plan Names

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Most people can't afford that plan. The 1mbps minimum limit should be implemented ASAP.
2 mbps should be minimum and it should've been from somewhere around 2010.

I'm simply spellbound how no one has taken this into account, even when the filthy and corrupted politicians are now becoming social by using social crap networks!

The current state of Internet in India is beyond imagination even by Alien standards.

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I'm simply spellbound how no one has taken this into account, even when the filthy and corrupted politicians are now becoming social by using social crap networks!

no one will ever! because those who have to care already enjoys maximum speed. it is just the normal people who are affected, not the one who have to care.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes, true, but now even those corrupted ones have become pretty clever, so they know that these 'normal' people are the one who need attention, and last generation's old people are almost done too, those who wouldn't care about Internet are at their dying days, so what do they expect?

I for one still believe something will be done, but I'm just not sure when! Also an upgrade won't cut it either, from current state a revolution is needed.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Hey, I've been using the 500 Rs connection for I don't know how many years - maybe five years. Now I have 2.5 GB data limit during the day, but at night, from 02:00 AM to 08:00 AM in the morning, it is totally free. Does it mean that they have started charging for the night-time free usage as well? Because on the BSNL site, it says "From 08:00 hrs to 02:00 hrs."

Two days ago, I received a SMS from BSNL stating that I had used 80% of free data limit. I ignored it, and later checked the usage using Dataone Usage Finder, and it was still showing 1.5 GB left. I just downloaded 400 MB this morning. So what is my bill going to be??? :hissyfit:

Flash

Lost in speed
Hey, I've been using the 500 Rs connection for I don't know how many years - maybe five years. Now I have 2.5 GB data limit during the day, but at night, from 02:00 AM to 08:00 AM in the morning, it is totally free. Does it mean that they have started charging for the night-time free usage as well? Because on the BSNL site, it says "From 08:00 hrs to 02:00 hrs."

Two days ago, I received a SMS from BSNL stating that I had used 80% of free data limit. I ignored it, and later checked the usage using Dataone Usage Finder, and it was still showing 1.5 GB left. I just downloaded 400 MB this morning. So what is my bill going to be??? :hissyfit:
Yes, including your 400MB. :(

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

they changed FN(free night) plans to CNT(Concessional night tariff). no free data what so ever. you will be charged.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I think I'm in serious trouble. I used Dataone Usage Finder to find out what my usage for this month was, and its a whopping 18,782 MB, of which 17298 MB is the free nighttime usage that was allowed earlier. I'm attaching a screenshot. The app is still calculating on the basis of the previous plan.

What is my bill going to be? I'm too scared to calculate on my own... What am I going to do???

Link:

*s23.postimg.org/u6dcejzt3/July_Usage.jpg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Why don't you guys switch over to the crappiest but PEACEFUL(regarding Bill) ULD plans???

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Why don't you guys switch over to the crappiest but PEACEFUL(regarding Bill) ULD plans???

these plans are very old. probably bsnl want them to switch to new ULD plans.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm in serious trouble. I used Dataone Usage Finder to find out what my usage for this month was, and its a whopping 18,782 MB, of which 17298 MB is the free nighttime usage that was allowed earlier. I'm attaching a screenshot. The app is still calculating on the basis of the previous plan.

What is my bill going to be? I'm too scared to calculate on my own... What am I going to do???

Link:

*s23.postimg.org/u6dcejzt3/July_Usage.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

you could be in trouble. :(

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Link:

*s23.postimg.org/u6dcejzt3/July_Usage.jpg

around Rs 2,500 approx

BhargavJ

In the zone
My calculations show around rs 3500 and I think the rs 500 rent xtra... I've activated 3g on my mobile, using that now... The days of downloading r over :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
My calculations show around rs 3500 and I think the rs 500 rent xtra... I've activated 3g on my mobile, using that now... The days of downloading r over :(
Feel sad for you buddy :(

This reminds me of my friend's incident when he took broadband back in 08/09. That time BSNL used to give some free usage for first month, and he somehow crossed some limit and ended up paying 12k or something.

**** you BSNL. I just find ways to express myself like that, I love it.

BhargavJ

In the zone
At present, I access the Internet on the laptop by enabling mobile data (3G) on my mobile, and then turning on the Wifi Hotspot on the mobile, and connect the laptop to the mobile. I checked on Google about this, and some of the sites say the carrier may not like your doing this. I have an Airtel connection; does anyone know if they have a problem with this, and charge you extra if they find out, or is it that you can use the mobile data through the laptop as much as you like?

About the BSNL bill, I think there could be many other people like me across the country who do not know about this, and will get a shock when they get their bill next month. I'm hoping people make a lot of noise and then BSNL considers allowing this particular month's nighttime usage as free, for the last time.

Does anyone know the reason why BSNL did what it did? If we are making progress, broadband speeds should be increasing and costs should be decreasing. But we are going in the other direction here. I checked Airtel's site: BSNL gives 2.5 GB free for Rs. 500 a month; Airtel gives 2.5 GB (3G) at Rs. 450 a month. Airtel has 4G as well, but it isn't available all over India. I live in Gandhinagar, Gujarat; anyone knows a better plan, any ISP, please do tell.

Some day, if I write my autobiography, I'll devote an entire chapter to this... :reading:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
At present, I access the Internet on the laptop by enabling mobile data (3G) on my mobile, and then turning on the Wifi Hotspot on the mobile, and connect the laptop to the mobile. I checked on Google about this, and some of the sites say the carrier may not like your doing this. I have an Airtel connection; does anyone know if they have a problem with this, and charge you extra if they find out, or is it that you can use the mobile data through the laptop as much as you like?

that guideline is for USA guys as phones are sold on contract with very less down payment and rest in installments , and those are carrier locked and hotspoting is restricted by carriers in order to make customers buy their expensive plans..

its not for us in india, as our mobiles are not carrier locked and we have paid full price .. you can use any data plan in any way you like by hotspoting or by putting your sim in a dongle.. or by using a datacable

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

About the BSNL bill, I think there could be many other people like me across the country who do not know about this, and will get a shock when they get their bill next month. I'm hoping people make a lot of noise and then BSNL considers allowing this particular month's nighttime usage as free, for the last time.

Does anyone know the reason why BSNL did what it did? If we are making progress, broadband speeds should be increasing and costs should be decreasing. But we are going in the other direction here. I checked Airtel's site: BSNL gives 2.5 GB free for Rs. 500 a month; Airtel gives 2.5 GB (3G) at Rs. 450 a month. Airtel has 4G as well, but it isn't available all over India. I live in Gandhinagar, Gujarat; anyone knows a better plan, any ISP, please do tell.

Some day, if I write my autobiography, I'll devote an entire chapter to this... :reading:
You guys have youbroadband in Gujarat. Surat and Vadodra I can confirm. Gandhinagar I don't know. Check out their site youbroadband.in

Top Bottom