BSNL *Revised* Free Night Usage Broadband Charges with New Plan Names

BhargavJ

In the zone
Thanks both of you. :)

Sorry, offtopic, but I installed Tapatalk bt it keeps giving msg "Packaged file version doesnt match with the installed version". Any link on this forum on wat to do, Im using mobile rite now n find it difficult to navigate... using net on mobile for pretty much the first time... :((

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Seems Alliance Broadband has IMPROVED its status much ahead of BSNL

See this : ALLIANCE TARIFF Kolkata

icebags

Technomancer
more of our tax payer money going to get spent as salary and low quality overpriced equipments in failed companies.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I searched on the net and found people who have dwnlded more than 30 gbs before coming to know about the change.

On a lighter note, see this comment by a person from Kochi:

Unethical Move by BSNL: Customers not Intimated about Major Plan Changes

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ have you checked the last page of the previous bill? the plan change is mentioned in the last bill i received few days ago.

TRAI has increased minimum "broadband" speed to 512 kbps, guess we can finally watch those 240p YouTube videos with peace. The target is to increase the minimum broadband speed to 2 mpbs by 2015. I guess bsnl wants to torture users as much as possible before that happens. I never liked that night time plan anyways, the only thing, if I ever needed to download were some Linux distros. Then came the age of Steam, and when I brought a game with steam drm, I finally realised the crappy speed of my "unlimited" plan at 512kbps :/, just imagine what happens when you buy a game, install it, then steam says that you have to download additional 4gb just to run it. Took me nearly four days on unlimited plan. I guess same would have happened on the night unlimited ones if time/speed ratio is taken into account.(in the end, we lose anyways;capped speed on ul differentials, night time increased speed with less charges, it's like choosing the lesser evil, or the greater one if you decide to go with dsl plan on bsnl fiber).( Oh, and as of average speed in India, universities like mine just change the metrics; I get around 12mbps in my hostel, although everything including steam is blocked)

BhargavJ

In the zone
^^ have you checked the last page of the previous bill? the plan change is mentioned in the last bill i received few days ago.

I haven't; I just went and paid the bill. There are some people on the net who are saying there was a note along with the bill, but it was in small letters, and most people missed it.

People on the net are also saying they are planning to protest, complain to TRAI, hold a dharna, etc. Don't know if anything will come of all this though... :(

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I haven't; I just went and paid the bill. There are some people on the net who are saying there was a note along with the bill, but it was in small letters, and most people missed it.

People on the net are also saying they are planning to protest, complain to TRAI, hold a dharna, etc. Don't know if anything will come of all this though... :(

if it was already there on the previous bills, then i guess nothing can be done!. anyway, let us wait to see what happens. even i did not get any notification of anything when my plans is changed from rs 650 to rs 675 this month.

Flash

Lost in speed
if it was already there on the previous bills, then i guess nothing can be done!. anyway, let us wait to see what happens. even i did not get any notification of anything when my plans is changed from rs 650 to rs 675 this month.
BSNL doesn't inform the users individually. It just updates the updated details on the corresponding tariff of a plan, and bills the user with the new plan name.
One has to go and see the site manually, to know of the changes.. Sucks, right? :yuck:

amjath

Human Spambot
BSNL doesn't inform the users individually. It just updates the updated details on the corresponding tariff of a plan, and bills the user with the new plan name.
One has to go and see the site manually, to know of the changes.. Sucks, right? :yuck:

yeah or else read bsnl news daily :banghead:

Flash

Lost in speed
Check this comment. It seems , it will be effective from August but still ambiguous.
BSNL - Charging Free night internet usage without prior intimation

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

a big time :(

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
expect a huge bill for this month. not just for you, but for most people who are on this plan. ;)

Next Month it will be a diwali for BSNL. Many subscribers have been caught unawares by this sudden change. Even I had used the free time to download and my chargeable mb are around 8000. how much bill I would get I dont know. Not less than Rs.2000/-. I have already started to look for the nearest cable internet guys.

- - - Updated - - -

On the selfcare site my plan has already been changed. So this will be effective from 1st july 2014

BhargavJ

In the zone
Finally, today, on 25th July, I got an unambiguous email from BSNL at about five this morning. The subject was the revision of the old night time unlimited scheme. I started thinking maybe they have decided to postpone it for a month, and implement it from next month, but nothing of the sort - the email says that the old scheme is gone and the new scheme with varying charges per MB all through the day has been implemented since the 1st of July.

I've started using Airtel 3G, recharging 150 MB for Rs. 46, but it gets over in a day... :( Have been told Idea 3G is really good, so am going to buy a new SIM card.

Flash

Lost in speed
Finally, today, on 25th July, I got an unambiguous email from BSNL at about five this morning. The subject was the revision of the old night time unlimited scheme. I started thinking maybe they have decided to postpone it for a month, and implement it from next month, but nothing of the sort - the email says that the old scheme is gone and the new scheme with varying charges per MB all through the day has been implemented since the 1st of July.

I've started using Airtel 3G, recharging 150 MB for Rs. 46, but it gets over in a day... :( Have been told Idea 3G is really good, so am going to buy a new SIM card.
So, people who've downloaded with FN usage are doomed this month;

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
if bsnl wish to change the plan on july, they should inform this to the customers in june. a bad business from bsnl. i hope alteast some people protests.

Top Bottom