BSNL launches first urban WiMAX network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxfx

Broken In
India's Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has launched the country's first urban WiMAX network, in Ernakulam, a district of Kerala in southern India. The network was supplied by Aviat Networks and comprises of 25 base stations.
BSNL is initially offering two unlimited tariff plans, with bandwidth ranging from 512 kbps to 2 mbps: a home plan with a fixed monthly charge of Rs 999 and a business plan with a fixed monthly charge of Rs 1,999

Read more

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I read it in the papers that they have done it for most of the cities and towns of Kerala, gradually to cover the entire state and that the speed will be 39mb/ps and that home plans will be Rs.999/- unlimited. If it is true, how I wish that I get something like that in Mumbai.

din

Tribal Boy
Speed is not 39 etc now, it is only 512 Kbps and 2 Mbps - Later they may introduce faster plans.

Rt now, it is only in Cochin, later they are planning to spread across Kerala by 900 stations or so.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
rates are quite well quoted for urban areas, but there should be some different plan for students and rural areas too.

mobiclue

Broken In
BSNL now launched WiMax and 3G in Cochin. But the price of customer CPE is very high compared with Tata Indicom and Reliance. I heard that Tata is giving WiMax CPE in Bangalore at very negligible price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom