bsnl broadband low data transfer rate.plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevebadshah

FOCK FEAR drink BANDWIDTH
hi
i'm using bsnl broadband from one month ..earlier my speed was good and i was able to download with an average of 60KB..i know the promotional offer has ended..but to my surprise i cant download with high speed .i'm using bsnl unlimited 625 plan with a speed of 256Kbps..i'm able to browse pages with high speed , but when i started downloading(data transfer rate) my speed is just messy it give only 1kb and it goes upto only 7kb? is this the problem of connection? i use genuine windows xp and yesterday only i have installed the OS and i'm sure that i dont have any viruses in my pc and no hidden updates.my telephone link is good and in my modem all lights are on(link, data, lan)
can anyone plz tel me what is the problem in my case?

walkmanguru

Broken In
See this...Its happening wit every1 in india

*economictimes.indiatimes.com/infot...net-service-in-India-/articleshow/5855874.cms

at least you guys are browsing properly Here i have 2mbps connection 500c+ and from last few days, browsing and downloading both are really bad. :|

pushkar

Journeyman
Is it Signal to noise ratio, how do you calculate it?
Yes, it is the signal to noise ratio. You don't calculate it, you see it in your router's web admin interface, which is usually accessed by going to the address of your gateway (like *192.168.1.1 ).

OP
stevebadshah

stevebadshah

where in admin interface?? after loggin in my router as u said 192.168.1.1 i dont see any option like SNR? could u pzl tel me the option or post a screen shot

aryan.838

Broken In
Ohh..i noticed today bsnl's promotional offer has ended.
I am usin Home UL750 Plan...my speeds now are
*www.speedtest.net/result/797270954.png

aryan.838

Broken In
where in admin interface?? after loggin in my router as u said 192.168.1.1 i dont see any option like SNR? could u pzl tel me the option or post a screen shot
Just login if u are using Nokia Siemens Network c2110 modem then
in the overview screen click on the advanced link...there u got it!!

OP
stevebadshah

stevebadshah

hey aryan..
even i see the SNR in my teracom router..but dont know how to calculate it..it the SNR(downstream) is high does it mean good connection??

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

*www.speedtest.net/result/797305539.png

atleast get a good ping man. mine is just 86ms..bsnl's promo offer has ended for me too..before 30th april? wish we could get 512kb forever :(

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
yes , snr the higher the better and line attnuation the lower the better .

*is.gd/bP1ct

Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR):
Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) gives an idea about the signal strength of your ADSL broadband
connection. To check your line SNR, first you need to enter into the Modem’s built-in web page by
typing *192.168.1.1 in your browser (say, internet explorer). The modem might ask for user-
name and password. The default user-name / password is admin / admin (except for the modem
Utstar300R where it is admin / utstar). Under the heading Device Info / Statistics / ADSL, you will
be able to see the SNR Margin and Attenuation. (Please refer the modem manual for exact
navigation details). The overall SNR will be normally higher than 20 dB, though anything above
12 dB is just enough. Parallels will reduce the SNR, as we pointed out already, resulting in
frequent disconnections. The Line-Attenuation should be as low as possible. But if the
attenuation starts going higher than 40 dB and SNR going down below 12 dB, it is time to
complain about the line condition to our help-lines on 1504 or 12678 or 1500

nd ya , my internet connection is an occassional matter . if i am lucky i get 5 full minuts of internet in a day .

paroh

Padawan
yes , snr the higher the better and line attnuation the lower the better .

*is.gd/bP1ct

Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR):
Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) gives an idea about the signal strength of your ADSL broadband
connection. To check your line SNR, first you need to enter into the Modem’s built-in web page by
typing *192.168.1.1 in your browser (say, internet explorer). The modem might ask for user-
name and password. The default user-name / password is admin / admin (except for the modem
Utstar300R where it is admin / utstar). Under the heading Device Info / Statistics / ADSL, you will
be able to see the SNR Margin and Attenuation. (Please refer the modem manual for exact
navigation details). The overall SNR will be normally higher than 20 dB, though anything above
12 dB is just enough. Parallels will reduce the SNR, as we pointed out already, resulting in
frequent disconnections. The Line-Attenuation should be as low as possible. But if the
attenuation starts going higher than 40 dB and SNR going down below 12 dB, it is time to
complain about the line condition to our help-lines on 1504 or 12678 or 1500

nd ya , my internet connection is an occassional matter . if i am lucky i get 5 full minuts of internet in a day .

Actually the process of SNR is Automatic and DSLAM set SNR automatically by checking the line condition so u will notice that SNR is not stable some time 24DB and some time 28DB. But u can ask ur ISP to set the SNR to some Fix point like 26DB

OP
stevebadshah

stevebadshah

hi folks thanks for replyin

but i see Two options in SNR upstream and downstream
and line atenuation upstream and downstream?

i would ask again whatz this upstream and downstream???
my connection is breaking every 30 minutes..

plz give me clear response to my pic..i have attached my SNR status..i want to clear my net connection..my tele line is clear but i dunno why its automatically redialing every half n hour???

plz reply

thanks a million in advance...:)

OP
stevebadshah

stevebadshah

@paroh

My snr value doesnt change when i refresh page, but my link goes blinking and my data automatically turns red(dial to the serever) every one hour???

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Actually the process of SNR is Automatic and DSLAM set SNR automatically by checking the line condition so u will notice that SNR is not stable some time 24DB and some time 28DB. But u can ask ur ISP to set the SNR to some Fix point like 26DB

mine isnt better than 5 dB i need some info how can i fix , writing to JTO will help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom