bsnl broadband low data transfer rate.plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryan.838

Broken In
I dont think giving away a 512kbps might be causing a loss to dataonethen why dont they make it permanent, by doing this temporary affair they want to prove that they are following the tact to first lure the customers and then u know.....!!!! Atleast when bsnl is a govt enterprise they should put an example to others private providers....to provide a low cost and high speed internet throughout the country..!!!

adityaxone

Broken In
hey i'm a bit confused now! what's this downstream and upstream thing?
well for SNR, downstream is 33.3 and upstream 27.8
and for attenuation it's 41.5 and 22.0 respectively.
i use BSNL broadband and the plan is 600combo

and i don't think i get a fair data transfer rate.
it's usually between 115~130kBps, tho' it varies a lot.
since it's a 2Mbps connection, i should get it around 256kBps right? or atleast 200kBps (considering it's BSNL :p )

View attachment 3385

SNR = Signal to Noise Ratio
Relative strength of the DSL signal to Noise ratio. 6dB is the lowest dB manufactures specify for modem to be able to synch. In some instances interleaving can help raise the noise margin to an acceptable level. The higher the number the better for this measurement.
6dB or below is bad and will experience no synch or intermittent synch problems
7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions
11dB-20dB is good with no synch problems
20dB-28dB is excellent
29dB or above is outstanding

Line Attenuation

Measure of how much the signal has degraded between the DSLAM and the modem. Maximum signal loss recommendation is usually about 60dB. The lower the dB the better for this measurement.
20dB and below is outstanding
20dB-30dB is excellent
30dB-40dB is very good
40dB-50dB is fair
50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues
60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues

In general,SNR - the higher, the better.
Line attenuation gives you some idea about cable strength, lower it is better for the connection.
So, i guess your SNR is ok but attenuation has some problems that means your line may be faulty or it may be having many links in b/w. So get it checked by BSNL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom