BSNL Broadband: Does your FUP apply properly?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Title says it all. For example of you've UL800, after 6 GB (or I don't know what is the limit) speed should come down to 512 kbps, from 2 mbps. Does that apply after the usage of 6 GB? Or you keep getting 2 mbps speed?
I might upgrade my plan to 1350 (or 1400 atm), but I am scared about that FUP thing.
You don't have to mention your location or anything, just a yes or no would do.

Flash

Lost in speed
Mine is 512kbps till 4GB and later on 256kbps.
Am not monitoring any limit, but i do get 256kbps after 15-20th of every month.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
my friend connected the modem directly to inverter. so even during powercut the modem stays on and the speed remains same.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the IP you get is dynamic not static & my guess is even if you keep your modem on 24 hours after crossing the FUP limit the speed will reduce once you get a new IP which may take anywhere between 12-36 hours assuming there is a constant net connectivity.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Title says it all. For example of you've UL800, after 6 GB (or I don't know what is the limit) speed should come down to 512 kbps, from 2 mbps. Does that apply after the usage of 6 GB? Or you keep getting 2 mbps speed?
I might upgrade my plan to 1350 (or 1400 atm), but I am scared about that FUP thing.
You don't have to mention your location or anything, just a yes or no would do.

Yes for the first question.

No for the second one.

My Plan being: 950ULD(4Mbps upto 8GB --- FUP --- 512KBps................end of the month).

avinashn73

Right off the assembly line
yes i was geting as getng as fup. my pln is 800uld. this mnth i didnt get as fup ...spd just got down 4m 120KBPS to spd 60KBPS widt using fup 6gb....

y2j826

Journeyman
Sometimes FUP don't work on BSNL and i get speed of 1 Mbps even after the limit, thats why BSNL rocks... :lol:

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I get 1 mbps for 1 - 2 days on the start of every month. After that 512kbps. I don't even think of the pre FUP speeds. If someone asks I just say it's 512 kbps.

Top Bottom