BSNL Broadband: Does your FUP apply properly?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Title says it all. For example of you've UL800, after 6 GB (or I don't know what is the limit) speed should come down to 512 kbps, from 2 mbps. Does that apply after the usage of 6 GB? Or you keep getting 2 mbps speed?
I might upgrade my plan to 1350 (or 1400 atm), but I am scared about that FUP thing.
You don't have to mention your location or anything, just a yes or no would do.
 

Flash

Lost in speed
Mine is 512kbps till 4GB and later on 256kbps.
Am not monitoring any limit, but i do get 256kbps after 15-20th of every month.
 

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
my friend connected the modem directly to inverter. so even during powercut the modem stays on and the speed remains same.
 

Ascendant001

Super Moderator
Staff member
the IP you get is dynamic not static & my guess is even if you keep your modem on 24 hours after crossing the FUP limit the speed will reduce once you get a new IP which may take anywhere between 12-36 hours assuming there is a constant net connectivity.
 

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Title says it all. For example of you've UL800, after 6 GB (or I don't know what is the limit) speed should come down to 512 kbps, from 2 mbps. Does that apply after the usage of 6 GB? Or you keep getting 2 mbps speed?
I might upgrade my plan to 1350 (or 1400 atm), but I am scared about that FUP thing.
You don't have to mention your location or anything, just a yes or no would do.

Yes for the first question.

No for the second one.

My Plan being: 950ULD(4Mbps upto 8GB --- FUP --- 512KBps................end of the month).
 

avinashn73

Right off the assembly line
yes i was geting as getng as fup. my pln is 800uld. this mnth i didnt get as fup ...spd just got down 4m 120KBPS to spd 60KBPS widt using fup 6gb....
 

y2j826

Journeyman
Sometimes FUP don't work on BSNL and i get speed of 1 Mbps even after the limit, thats why BSNL rocks... :lol:
 

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I get 1 mbps for 1 - 2 days on the start of every month. After that 512kbps. I don't even think of the pre FUP speeds. If someone asks I just say it's 512 kbps.
 
Top Bottom