BSNL 3g

dissel

Cyborg Agent
My advise to all customers who want 3G datacard plans, don't purchase Teracom(linktop) data card.. Huwei and zte is o.k..half of the cards supplied to BSNL are found defective,. now BSNL is collecting that cards and issuing new ones.. so be careful.. I use my Nokia 5800 and the speed is good (average 1 mbps) is enough for me..video call appear to be patchy. so watch about signal strength when you make a video call, also make sure that your caller is living in the 3G available areas.. other wise you cann't connect to him..
with regards,
vaithy

Thanks for this useful info.... vaithy

Is there an option where user can choose the modem type in the BSNL office ? I didn't find any info about their website, I also order Huwai E122 from IT Bazer Chandigarh which is 7.2Mbps unlocked modem.

Is there any option user can choose not to buy the modem, only 3g SIM in DataCard connection ? Is he/she eligible to recharge 4200/- UL voucher ?

I've Nokia N82 and E63 for the phone purpose.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Thanks for this useful info.... vaithy

Is there an option where user can choose the modem type in the BSNL office ? I didn't find any info about their website, I also order Huwai E122 from IT Bazer Chandigarh which is 7.2Mbps unlocked modem.

Is there any option user can choose not to buy the modem, only 3g SIM in DataCard connection ? Is he/she eligible to recharge 4200/- UL voucher ?

I've Nokia N82 and E63 for the phone purpose.

even i plan to buy the e122..
what was the price?
tell me how it performs when u get it

it says out of stock at the site... when will u get it .. have they told u?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
^^^

I bought from here

[GO] Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

You can also buy it from ebay too....Though in Ebay price 200 bucks more for Ebay charge.

Demand is very high and you find a long que for this product.

Currently this seller got 15 piece of them on last Friday (19th) and 5-6 piecc listed his site and ebay within 2 hour all booked, I wrote that I have interest in this thread,later at night he listed another two in his site and send me PM stated that If I want one I need to book now and If money reached his a/c before 3P.M. in the Saturday he'll shipped that same moment.

So I immediately ordered and schedule a NEFT Transfer next day early morning.

Thats all.....I think he sold out all right now, but you can PM him anytime to know the exact.

Very Reputed and Trustworthy seller. This is my 2nd deal with him.

Last edited:

vaithy

In the zone
Buying Datacards from BSNL is not compulsory .. In such case BSNL people will enter system as "subscriber owned data card/modem and details of the modem model and serial number /ESN etc.." just be sure that your is configurable with BSNL network that is all..Other than in chennai the Tamil nadu BSNL have been selling both types huwaei and terra com cards.. If customers are asking for Huwei card BSNL Marketing wing make took notice of the demand and procure it.
with regards,
vaithy

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

^^^

I bought from here

[GO] Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

You can also buy it from ebay too....Though in Ebay price 200 bucks more for Ebay charge.

Demand is very high and you find a long que for this product.

Currently this seller got 15 piece of them on last Friday (19th) and 5-6 piecc listed his site and ebay within 2 hour all booked, I wrote that I have interest in this thread,later at night he listed another two in his site and send me PM stated that If I want one I need to book now and If money reached his a/c before 3P.M. in the Saturday he'll shipped that same moment.

So I immediately ordered and schedule a NEFT Transfer next day early morning.

Thats all.....I think he sold out all right now, but you can PM him anytime to know the exact.

Very Reputed and Trustworthy seller. This is my 2nd deal with him.
i'm going to buy it in december
tell me how it performs when u get it..
what was your first deal?

Hok

Broken In
Here is some speed demo.Location:North-East.
YouTube - BSNL 3G Speed on mmx 300g

OR
better quality:
Code:
*www.mediafire.com/?75r70ui8k40dccj

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hi,

I used bsnl 3g in ipad and during a train journey for browsing and gps. it worked well even on mid ways. really admire network for that. in speedtest i got 1.7 - 1.8 mbps results for 3g.

3G was not available throughout the journey...sometimes it was taking edge or none..

Enjoy~!

vav

Broken In
MTNL signal are not that good
but still they dont fool u like airtel or vodafone
their charges are min.in 3G other companies charges in some plan are double.
and nowadays their officer also speak with u in courtesy.

rahul_c

Journeyman
I just started using 3G getting fine speeds never exceeded 200kB/s(about 1.8 mbps), speeds fluctuate a lot but never goes below 40-50 kB/s. Uploads speeds are generally poor never more than 30kB/s, but I dont require them. In all I am happy with 3G and also BSNL ony ISP which has unlimited plan without caps for Rs 1359, very reasonable if you live near a 3G enabled tower.
Signal- 3 bars
Locality-Haldwani, Uttrakhand

*www.speedtest.net/result/1119111011.png

Last edited:

Pratul_09

Journeyman
I just started using 3G getting fine speeds never exceeded 200kB/s(about 1.8 mbps), speeds fluctuate a lot but never goes below 40-50 kB/s. Uploads speeds are generally poor never more than 30kB/s, but I dont require them. In all I am happy with 3G and also BSNL ony ISP which has unlimited plan without caps for Rs 1359, very reasonable if you live near a 3G enabled tower.
Signal- 3 bars
Locality-Haldwani, Uttrakhand

*www.speedtest.net/result/1119111011.png

Are u using the Idea datacard for this. Then your upload speeds are poor due to datacard, as max upload speed supported is 384 Kbps. If you need good speed then you can buy Huawei UMG1831 from dvdstoredelhi(ebay or techenclave) for Rs.2800, download max at 21 Mbps and Upload at 5 Mbps speeds.

Note: Check with BSNL if it supports this modem, heard about some issues with this modem in west region.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
which plan are you using...I also have 3G sim but I use it only for video calls and casual browsing on mobile itself.
I am on postpaid 99 plan...and pay 549 separately as data charge...that's not unlimited

rahul_c

Journeyman
Pratul_09 said:
Are u using the Idea datacard for this. Then your upload speeds are poor due to datacard, as max upload speed supported is 384 Kbps. If you need good speed then you can buy Huawei UMG1831 from dvdstoredelhi(ebay or techenclave) for Rs.2800, download max at 21 Mbps and Upload at 5 Mbps speeds.

Note: Check with BSNL if it supports this modem, heard about some issues with this modem in west region.

Yes. I am not having any issues with using BSNL in Idea Data Card.

gagan007 said:
which plan are you using...I also have 3G sim but I use it only for video calls and casual browsing on mobile itself.
I am on postpaid 99 plan...and pay 549 separately as data charge...that's not unlimited

Its the bundled usage I got by taking new 3G connection.

Pratul_09

Journeyman
Yes. I am not having any issues with using BSNL in Idea Data Card.

No not about your current modem but about Huawei UMG1831, its so far the best (only exception vodafone K4505) with speeds of 21 Mbps. Check with service provider BSNL before getting UMG1831.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hi im noobie with data cards, but u have a bsnl 3G sim which i use in my Nokia XM 5700 which supports 3G max upto 384kbps so i never got download rate anything more than 40-45kbps.

so will the huawei data card support bsnl 3G sim and also if i put any other sim card and can i expect speeds of more than 80-90kbps download rate? and which one should i buy if yes?

Thanks,

Enjoy~!

Pratul_09

Journeyman
hi im noobie with data cards, but u have a bsnl 3G sim which i use in my Nokia XM 5700 which supports 3G max upto 384kbps so i never got download rate anything more than 40-45kbps.

so will the huawei data card support bsnl 3G sim and also if i put any other sim card and can i expect speeds of more than 80-90kbps download rate? and which one should i buy if yes?

Thanks,

Enjoy~!

You have to manually select 3G network and try again. You may be lucky to get 3G speeds at 2G price. GL2U :thumbs:

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Thanks,

Enjoy~!

yes it will.
Get a data card with at least 7.2 mbps downlink speed. Such as huawei e1750 or e1752 . You can get it at theitbazaar.com

rigved123

Right off the assembly line
man this is the best scheme !

i mean, why should i pay Rs. 600 to tata for a pathetic 256 kbps speed ( Plug2Surf ) when i can get speed upto 7.2 mbps just by spending an additonal Rs. 100 per month !

Thanks BSNL, il be shifting to this plan :)

CHEERS

BSNL 3G - Unlimited internet usage at Rs.4200 for 6 months | Tech Blogger

Top Bottom