Journeyman
Re: Best Browser!!!

Firefox is THE BEST

Follow the link to have an review and comparison of IE 7 and FF 2

*reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7...tag=cnetfd.ld1

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 for Macintosh today and it is mind blowing! For starters, it is FAAST! It absolutely beats the crap out of any other browser, including Opera version 9.10 for Macintosh, in the speed department.
Apart from that, the web pages opened in Firefox simply look more beautiful than the same pages opened in Opera (though I do not know the reason behind it), there is in-built spell checking as-you-type (Opera does not offer as-you-type spell checking) and the scrolling is very smooth. I think I have converted to Firefox. :p
I still miss Opera's trash though. Navigating to 'History >> Recently Closed Tabs' is two clicks and a lot of mouse movement.

eddie

El mooooo

aryayush said:
I still miss Opera's trash though. Navigating to 'History >> Recently Closed Tabs' is two clicks and a lot of mouse movement.
Install Tab Mix Plus extension and use its "Closed Tabs List"

anandk

Distinguished Member
Internet Explorer 7 vs. Firefox 2

how do the latest versions of each browser compare? the results of the prizefight betn Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, Microsoft's first new Internet browser since 2001 and Mozilla Firefox 2 are here.

*reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6656808-1.html?tag=nl.e415

ketanbodas

Journeyman
Re: Internet Explorer 7 vs. Firefox 2

This study shows Firefox2 as th better one. I still use IE6. Praps I shd upgrd to IE7.

wish to see digit gives an article in december issue regarding the browser features, better options...etc !!

Firefox Rules...IE rules..Opera rules...Maxthon rules...lol
:D

JGuru

Wise Old Owl

I read an article in Hindu newspaper comparing both IE 7.0 & FF 2.0. The author of the
article says "IE 7.0 is just a clean copy of FireFox with it's features like tabbed browsing, etc.,!!"
FireFox 2.0 is always better. IE 7.0 is a bulky download, also it hogs lot of System resources!!

anandk

Distinguished Member
difrnt surveys giv difrnt answrs. what matters is ur personal experience and preference ultimately.

check this zdnet link :
Is Firefox 2.0 a dud?

Firefox 2.0 has been out for a week and the download counter is already well past 2 million. But a vocal group of Firefox users have generated quite a long list of gripes and grievances regarding this latest release. Some are even saying that upgrading to 2.0 might not be a good idea.

So what's behind all this? Here's a quick short list of the most popular Firefox 2.0 gripes:

Random freezes
Poor antiphishing technology
Confused Options dialog box
Bulky, inconsistent theme
Incompatibility with extensions
Memory leaks
CSS issues
Buggy history bar

*blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=129

kumarmohit

Technomancer

I hate to say it but along with all the issues mentioned by anandk IE 7 handle RSS feeds better than Firefox 2.0 else firefox 2 is fine

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Firefox x.x is better than IE x.x - end of discussion. Period.

Oh, and Opera is better than both! :p

Root2

Right off the assembly line

I m a user of firefox 1.5 .. n according to the professionals mentioned up der i do think its all correct.. firefox will rule for ever come what may.

goobimama

 Macboy

@Aryayush: Have you tried Omniweb for Mac? Better than all these put together.... Personally I use Safari on mac/Firefox on windows.

Using IE feels no non tech. Its like those who use IE know nothing about the IT scene...and I don't like to be one of them.

[please don't flame me]

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I have used Firefox, Kamino, Opera and Safari. I have heard of OmniWeb and Shiira but never tried them. OmniWeb is paid software and many of Opera's features are lacking. Shiira looks very promising and I am going to download it any day now. It is still beta software.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

goobimama said:
@Aryayush: Have you tried Omniweb for Mac? Better than all these put together.... Personally I use Safari on mac/Firefox on windows.

[please don't flame me]

Webkit. :p

The nightly builds are better than the released version of the browser(Safari)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom