Browser War - Take your pick

IMO, the best Browser is:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^ People like you who don't how to use Opera think FF is the best , LOL don't say FF & Safari are better just because you don't how to use some good features of Opera, Opera is the best & the fastest browser right now & it has everything in built unlike FF which needs extentions & addons , so krazzy i suggest you to learn how to use Opera instead of making such statements.

And I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself. I don't care what you think. I have my opinions and favourites just like you do. Just because a browser loads up pages in the least amount of time doesn't mean it's the best. The way the pages end up looking when the loading is done is what is important. And I think everyone knows how Opera does not load many pages properly. If all the other browsers open the same page properly and Opera does not, then for me, its Opera's fault. I would not like my pages looking like ****. I'd rather wait a couple of seconds more in Firefox or Safari and get a properly displayed page. And a browser is about how it renders web pages, not how many features it has. Get that fact straight. And its the former where Opera sucks. Even if tomorrow Opera adds the option to make coffee and dry clean your clothes but still does not load pages properly, I'll still be using either Safari or FF3.

So yeah. As I said, Safari and FF3 are THE BEST BROWSERS IN THE WORLD. And that's my opinion. And I don't care about anyone else's. If you like Opera, go use it. Don't tell me to learn things.

Who

Guess Who's Back
The wonders of Opera 9.5!!! :D:D

*img61.imageshack.us/img61/5577/capture12062008083457ca9.jpg

Oh ! look i am so smart using Opera that i couldn't figure this out, WOW. Somtimes you need to admit that you don't know something being like " I am so smart don't tell me anything" will just make you an idiot. really opera renders most of everysite out there & you don't know how to use features of opera.

Really you need to learn , there is no way to escape this cycle, if i am in something new say linux i am next to nothing against say MetalheadGautham , he may know lot about linux that i don't & if tells me something , i would listen to him. that's the same with you , you are a newbie with Opera & you don't know about it , i told you nicely that you should learn about it , don't go jumping out " HOW DARE YOU TELL ME ANYTHING !!!!" that will only show how intellingent you are.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Just to spice things up, why would a normal user want to download some sh!tty browser that finds the only way to promote itself and get some publicity by suing another company which is going to release a final version that will put to rest the most commonly alleged accusation?

Why would someone want to download some sh!tty browser when there is a browser that does what it should very efficiently?

Why would I want to download some sh!tty browser when I my Vista already has 1 that does everything?

Why would I want to download a sh!tty browser when most web developers specifically code websites for IE?

Why?

The only special browser out there, is the one that most web developers spend time on developing their sites for. It's IE.

IE 8 FTW!!!

BTW I guess after Krazzy's screen shot, the sh!tty browser just lost one user in Aayush :lol:

Who

Guess Who's Back
Actually it's his fault IMAV , you see he has been using " Fit the Width" option , Opera works fine , i can post images of it you want proof ...

edit : you actually jumped into whole situation i am telling Krazzy that he doesn't know how to use opera as he says it sucks (in directly).

Proof :
*img261.imageshack.us/img261/1157/21yj0.jpg

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Oh ! look i am so smart using Opera that i couldn't figure this out, WOW. Somtimes you need to admit that you don't know something being like " I am so smart don't tell me anything" will just make you an idiot. really opera renders most of everysite out there & you don't know how to use features of opera.

Really you need to learn , there is no way to escape this cycle, if i am in something new say linux i am next to nothing against say MetalheadGautham , he may know lot about linux that i don't & if tells me something , i would listen to him. that's the same with you , you are a newbie with Opera & you don't know about it , i told you nicely that you should learn about it , don't go jumping out " HOW DARE YOU TELL ME ANYTHING !!!!" that will only show how intellingent you are.

This is what I was talking about. You'd expect the 'Fit to Width' option to actually fit the content to the display width, wouldn't you? I mean a noob like me would, it's logical after all. But Nooo! Selecting fit to width actually compresses the web page from the sides so that IT DOES NOT FIT TO WIDTH ANY MORE! :lol: I mean why put a shitty Fit to width function if it does not actually fit the page to width? This is Opera for you. Many features. Poor implementation. Go figure!

Who

Guess Who's Back
Lol , its the site fault , that is Newbie for you ( even after the words you used, i am talking to you nicely) , there are many site i know that works with Fit to Wideth option so its the site fault :D , also read my entire post as you have habit of skipping some parts of my post.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Safari is very good on mac ( as i heard) but on windows even mac will say it is behind FF & Opera though they still say its better then IE.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Lol , its the site fault , that is Newbie for you ( even after the words you used, i am talking to you nicely) , there are many site i know that works with Fit to Wideth option so its the site fault :D , also read my entire post as you have habit of skipping some parts of my post.

So now its the site's fault. :rolleyes: It's always someone else's fault for Opera users. It's never Opera's fault. You guys keep on using that browser even though many websites don't support it. Why stick with something that does not do its job well. Won't it be easier to switch over to Firefox or Safari so that you can have a hassle free web browsing experience and stop blaming everyone else.

As for talking nicely, its you who started it. I had just stated my opinion on what I think were the two best browsers. Also I had come to that conclusion after using all the four browsers for a considerable amount of time. Also despite Safari being my favourite, I've used it the least among the four (most being Opera). But you jumped in on me and said I don't know how to use Opera and all. As if Opera is some highly complex piece of machinary and it takes some rocket science to operate it that I don't know of. Just because you think Opera is the best, you probably thought I should do the same too. As if I don't have any personal choices. And you tell me you are talking nicely to me. Yeah right. It's me who is talking nicely to you.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Right , it's the site fault for that feature only , you say sites are not rendering properly , see the diffrence.

Can you run windows update in Firefox without any addons ? nope the site has made for IE itself, also about talking nicely you said FF & safari are the best browser in the world.

Safari and Firefox 3 are the best browsers ever!

I don't see "IMO" in there which leads you are some kinda of genius who knows evertyhing also Opera takes skill to use & remember great things in the world needs skill to use , if you come on Yahoo IM i can explain to you how to use opera from the beging i am ready to help but Are you ready to learn ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I don't see "IMO" in there which leads you are some kinda of genius who knows evertyhing also Opera takes skill to use & remember great things in the world needs skill to use , if you come on Yahoo IM i can explain to you how to use opera from the beging i am ready to help but Are you ready to learn ?

I believe IMO stands for In My Opinion. So it should be pretty apparent to every one that whatever that I write in my posts is indeed MY OPINION! I mean its only logical, since I myself have written them. Why would I write someone else's opinions in my posts?!

As for learning more about Opera, no thank you. As I already said there are some basic problems in using Opera that cannot be rectified by the user. Even if I learn from you, Oh great Master of Opera, and master the software myself, there is no way I can solve the page rendering problem, which is essentially because of web sites not supporting it. And since that is my only grouse with the software, there is no way I'll be wanting to waste time trying to master it.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
If opera sue's monopoly M$'s Internet Exploder ,then it is a sin and it sucks!you Hypocrat! :rolleyes: when M$ sues Linux for "virtual" so called sioftware patents ,it is M$ 's right and M$haft is right and they "only" know how to do business?big hypocrisy!

Opera is a good browser.but something tells to stay away from it!dont know what it is ;) may be open sourcing Opera will help them!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^ ok
Opera's email client - pop3/imap support .
beaten :D

It's a good thing that Opera has a built-in mail client. But to be honest it is totally irrelevant to the actual web browsing. Whereas the private browsing feature that Goobi gave is useful for browsing, especially when more than one person uses the browser. Private mode lets you browse the web without the pages getting stored in the history and the entered URL's are also not saved. So no one knows where you've been and what you've done.

Just to spice things up, why would a normal user want to download some sh!tty browser that finds the only way to promote itself and get some publicity by suing another company which is going to release a final version that will put to rest the most commonly alleged accusation?

Why would someone want to download some sh!tty browser when there is a browser that does what it should very efficiently?

Why would I want to download some sh!tty browser when I my Vista already has 1 that does everything?

Why would I want to download a sh!tty browser when most web developers specifically code websites for IE?

Why?

The only special browser out there, is the one that most web developers spend time on developing their sites for. It's IE.

IE 8 FTW!!!

BTW I guess after Krazzy's screen shot, the sh!tty browser just lost one user in Aayush :lol:
Yaaaay! Time to turn this to a REAL fight:D

I know you wanted to call me, and here I have come. Hope you are ready for this.;)

The best browser out there is one which supports each and every one of those international web browser standards. Its the one which has an infinite number of extentions to choose from, making it act like the Emacs of web browsers - it can do anything and everything. It can chat in IRC. It can crawl and fetch entire websites. It has a download accelerator built in which takes up hardly any resources. It can run any website whose developer knows how to follow standards. Its the most themed browser, and pwns IE, Safari, Konqueror, GTK-WebKit-Gecko browsers(epiphany and family), etc completely in looks. Its the browser which the King of Internet marketing, Google, officially recommends and supports. Its the browser which works on almost any platform thats worth something.

Mozilla Firefox 3.0 FTW

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The best browser out there is one which supports each and every one of those international web browser standards.

Opera does.

Its the one which has an infinite number of extentions to choose from

Firefox Wins

It has a download accelerator built in which takes up hardly any resources.

Opera has it.
It can run any website whose developer knows how to follow standards.

Opera does.
Its the most themed browser, and pwns IE, Safari, Konqueror, GTK-WebKit-Gecko browsers(epiphany and family), etc completely in looks.

Opera has skins supports too.
Its the browser which works on almost any platform thats worth something.

Last I checked, Opera works on more platforms then Firefox. It runs on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Sony Ericsson Axxx platform, Wii.

The only thing due to which Opera lacks is Extensions support. IE has it in the form of Add ons plugins with .net frame work. The day Opera starts extensions support Firefox will be out of market.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The day Opera starts extensions support Firefox will be out of market.
only firefox will have to bear the consequences :rolleyes:
why don't people at opera do this, is someone paying them to hold on or there is some code break to occur when doing this :D:rolleyes::!:

anything thats community driven survives even after developers stop supporting it:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom