[Breaking] Person beaten up by police in public in Bangalore, strapped to pole.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
A guy posted this on /r/india about four hours ago. Ppl from bangalore, What happened to this guy? : india

Rumor is that this guy raped someone and the police did this. No comments from the police so far.

Pics might be graphic:

*i.imgur.com/VZh1Eds.jpg

This was tweeted to the Commissioner of Police Bangalore demanding an explanation: *twitter.com/redditindia/status/539847529639477248

If any of you guys in Bangalore know anything please share.

Mods, please don't lock this thread, there could be potentially more updates on this over the next few days.

$hadow

Geek in making
This is bad and the Indian police is getting worse day by day. I mean where are human right NGOs and those NGO who make protest against these things.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Some more info not sure how accurate
the guy was harassing women, not caught for rape
was beaten by a mob, not police

Mob justice in Bengaluru? Man thrashed by public in critical condition

$hadow

Geek in making
This is bad and the Indian police is getting worse day by day. I mean where are human right NGOs and those NGO who make protest against these things.
I take this back.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Some more info not sure how accurate
the guy was harassing women, not caught for rape
was beaten by a mob, not police

Mob justice in Bengaluru? Man thrashed by public in critical condition

Can't say for sure. The police could be trying to cover this up.

Also quoting from the Reddit link:

So I went to traffic cop and asked him. He was rude and asked me to **** off after telling that this was a part of the police treatment and that guy committed some crime. Later some crime cops came and took the guy in a jeep. No Info after that. No news on internet anywhere. Now I am restless to know what could he have done to deserve this. Any Information will be very helpful.

@CPBlr has responded to that tweet by redditindia: *twitter.com/CPBlr/status/539946309243772928

@redditindia @dcpsouthbcp please look into this asap and let me have a report by noon. @redditindia those responsible will not be spared

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
looks like its not the first time ? atleast he is not tied
Man stripped, beaten up in public in Bangalore - Rediff.com India News
Father Accused of Raping Daughter, Beaten up by Public

Last edited:

beingGamer

In the zone
what the hell is wrong with people? will they like themselves in place of such incidents even if they have done something wrong?
This is inhuman..

Hrishi

Problem here is that if you see cops you get scared , however ideally their presence is meant to vest the feeling of safety and not scare us .

Top Bottom