bought lovebirds, help pleasr

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu

Broken In
hello guys
I recently bought lovebirds and finches here at Mumbai, since I'll be leaving next week to Kolkata by train, I want to take these birds with me
so my question is, do they allow to take these birds to train? and if yes then how much will I have to pay for transportation?
thanks

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Sorry for being Off Topic but you're signature sounds annoying to me. Why don't you ask for help in some Non-Indian Forum.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
dude its illegal to buy or sell birds, keeping the birds in the cages is against the wildlife protection act... so dont take them in the trains best thing to do is give em to a friend or someone who can take care of em

also if so much as a feather drops from the bird while its in your possession, you can be slapped with section 428/429 of the IPC... coz ur maiming the birds lol

sorry but India has been very progressive about animal rights right since Ashoka's time

lordirecto

In the zone
Tell us why you are ashamed to be an Indian?
Also, dont take the birds on train with you. It is against law to have any animals caged.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
wait...isn't it illegal to keep birds as pets or as in birds in cage in the first place...its risky..don't try transporting it via train..might get in trouble...

Edit:- I see that Anorion has already covered this part....so my bad..

Tech&ME

Banned
Tell us why you are ashamed to be an Indian?
Also, dont take the birds on train with you. It is against law to have any animals caged.

No you can take pets under section 77-A of the Indian Railways.

RULES FOR CARRYING PETS,DOGS,HORSES OTHER LIVE ANIMALS AND BIRDS RISK : 1. Under section 77-A of the Indian Railway Act, the liability of Railways as carriers of animals is limited as specified below, unless the sender elects to pay the percentage charge on value as shown in the Rule 1301: Per Head Elephants Rs.1500/- Horses Rs.750/- Mules, Camels or Horned Cattle Rs.200/- Donkeys, sheep, goats, dogs and other animals or birds Rs.30/-
2. The sender or his authorized agent is required to declare the value of each animal on the Forwarding Note when the value of an animal exceeds the amount specified above.The sender or his authorized agent must also record in the Forwarding Note whether he engages to pay the notified percentage charge on value. Should he elect no to pay the notified percentage value on value, the animal will be accepted for carriage under the terms and conditions of Section 77-A of Indian Railway Act.
3. The Railway will not be liable for the loss, destruction or damage arising from freight or restiveness of the animal or from overloading of vehicle or wagon by the consigner or his agent or delay not caused by the negligence or misconduct of their servants, irrespective of whether the sender has engaged to pay the percentage charge on value or not.
4. Railway will not be responsible for the loss, destruction, damage, deterioration or non_delivery of animals after the termination of transit as defined in Rule 153.

For more details see this Link

But on a sidenote, I personally will advice you not to cage this animals please, please... they are beautiful and should be allowed to be free !!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like somebody's investment on birds is going to be wasted. Looks like, he has got another (and better) reason to be ashamed of "now" :rolleyes:

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@ op you should be ashamed of yourself first .Why have u caged the birds and that too love birds when everybody knows that LOVE cannot be caged. It is born free in nature

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hey yeah lol those birds prolly cant live in the wild
some birds are alive just coz theyr in cages
its sold openly in so many shops its still illegal
the birds allowed on the railways prolly chicken or soemthing... you still have to declare the prices... anything less than Rs. 10 is ok... the rules still crazy... anything above Rs. 10 and you can get into trouble if anything happens on the way
elephants for Rs. 1500 lol that would be a logistical disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom