boring downloading speed......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!!! friends......

I have just get my Tata Walky Net Connection (speed upto 115.2 kbps) but my problem that when I want to download any stuff from the net. The speed for downloading become as low as 3 kbps or even slower than that too.

Can u guys….plzz suggest me up any easier way to get the download speeds upto 25 kbps.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
25 kbps on a 115.2 kbps conx man i dont think it comes up ther or even close

sam_1710

Youngling
"boring downloading speed......" in tutorial section?? ..
thot this was a tutorial to increase download speeds..!!! ;)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Man u understand it all wrong.

115 kbps is actuly [bold]115 kilo bits per sec[/bold]. and download speed is shown to u is 3 [bold]kilo bytes per sec[/bold]. So there is nothing wrong to your connection. For 25 KBps you will need atleast 256 kbps Connection.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Quiz_Master said:
Man u understand it all wrong.

115 kbps is actuly [bold]115 kilo bits per sec[/bold]. and download speed is shown to u is 3 [bold]kilo bytes per sec[/bold]. So there is nothing wrong to your connection. For 25 KBps you will need atleast 256 kbps Connection.

Something is definitely wrong with his connection with 115Kbps connection he should get 12-14KBps of downloading speed.

nix

thats coz tata walky is wireless and wireless internet thru walky is very very slow...so chuck it and get broadband...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
With a 115Kbps connection, you should get an average 10+KBps. For 25+, get atleast a 256Kbps connection.

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
in theory the maximum speed u get under ideal conditions when all network and time slots r dedicated to only u and nothing else (which is not possible practically in commercial era)
is === 115/8 i .e. 14.375
so , u should get atleast 10-12 kbps constant download speed
try using DAp or torrents
check that ur antivirus software is not decreasing speed
or ur firewall is not blocking incoming and outgoing traffic
or the website from which u r downloading is itself slow.
turn off all automatic updates or programs running in background and eating your bandwidth

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
Something is definitely wrong with his connection with 115Kbps connection he should get 12-14KBps of downloading speed.

try download acclerator 8 it will help to resolve u r problem

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
See the tata walky is a CDMA based service. Here the same bandwidth is shared between users so u will not be getting speed in excess of 40 kbps and what u are getting right now can only increase if u some how get all the walky surrndered in ur area (JOKING). So its the time for Broadband

sharkmench

Broken In
my 256kbps broadband gives me 35kbps. relatively ok. since this is India afterall.

shark..xxx..SharKmenCh

*sharkmench.50megs.com/cgi-bin/login

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Someday our kids are gonna laugh reading these posts (If they aren't archived) over their 100 TB (or probably faster) connections :D

Samish

Broken In
Hey try download accelerators such as 'DAP' to increase ur speed upto 8 to 10 kbps.
I think it's better than having 3kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom