booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi frnds

plz help me..i am having window xp sp2 in my compuer(c2d 2.66,4 gb ram)

i have installed window on last Friday n it was working fine but my sis told me that one time it didnt boot...when i checked it quick heal live cd everything was ok...than i installed registry booster n found 209 error of misssing file...they were corrected...now today it was working fine till 4 pm n then i switched it off...when i tried to open it at 8 pm it was not starting i mean monitor was not turning n there was no beep sound from motherboard n than no sound of window booting up(as i thought that monitor has some power problem)

than i inserted quick heal live cd n it get booted...cd take time to load n got hanged on scanning program file...last program it scanned was microsoft office...then i inserted window xp cd/vista dvd/linux hardy h bootable version but nothing happened monitor did not turning up...my brother is telling me that its hardware failure either mother board(G-33) or ram(transcend 2X2gb) is failed
....what to do now...i dont know much about hardware so if u have any solution then plz telll me step wise
n ya desktop have some of my document...any way to protect them

thanks
in advance n waiting for your reply

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Try to start with the RAM buddy.
Try to boot with 1 slot of RAM (assuming its 4*1 GB).

He already said his RAM is Transcend 2x2 GB, so no point on the previous reply.

BTW ashish, I presume it is a problem with the total amount of RAM, try to remove one module (2 GB) and then reboot.

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
hey guys when i tried to boot my computer in the morning it started n there r no scene of error....i chked my registry with registry booster...scanned with avast...checkd for driver update n hardware malfunctioning...what would be the problem...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
When a computer just refuse to start then the possible reasons might be like these:-
1. RAM......check ur RAM modules and slots of Motherboards
2. Loose power or data cables.
3. SMPS
4. Motherboard battery.....

From my experience............
When my RAM poofed I was not that geek to understand it..........
every morning XP would crash, PC would refuse to start up.........I put it to rest......come back from college after 8 hrs.......then start it........magically it would start.... but after 1-2 hrs it would crash again...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom