Booting option

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
In booting option i get vista and ubuntu boot option. However i had not installed ubuntu on my system. Please advise how should i remove ubuntu from booting option.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Please specify if it is the boot menu of Windows or Ubuntu you are getting. If it is vista boot menu, then please download bcdeditor or easyBCD (google them) and delete the Ubuntu menu interactively from those editors.

And in either way, if you are getting a GRUB menu, then just insert the Vista DVD and select to repair the MBR.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/33a.gif

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Is there any option in vista to remove boot option. It is a vista boot menu. Please help

So you have the Vista boot menu installed. So open a command prompt window with administrator privileges and type the following
Code:
bcdedit /enum
A window will appear with the boot entries specified there. Please check the GUID of Ubuntu from there and note it somewhere.

Then type
Code:
bcdedit /delete {GUID}
and the entry will be deleted. You can also add /f after the {GUID} to force the deletation if necessary, then the command will be like that :
Code:
bcdedit /delete {GUID} /f

Please take note that deleting the boot entries can be dangerous, specially if you accidentally delete the default Vista entry, then you will not see the boot loader or the Vista entry there after rebooting. If you have done that error then please inset the Vista DVD and repair the boot loader from there.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I don't see how it belongs to Open Source in any way. Moving it to Software Troubleshooting.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Use boot repair option in vistaDVD

Well maddy has the Vista boot menu already, so repairing the boot menu from vista DVD will not work for him as repairing only recreate the boot menu if it is damaged somehow. And in maddy's case, it is not like that.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/33a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom