boot wallpaper of win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yes, we can change the boot screen via a good s/w to rely upon like Style XP

try www.belchfire.net and d/l the boot screen of your choice and use Style XP to patch it to ur boot file (its called "ntoskrnl", but no need of this info, unless u are going for manual patching... ;))

i am using...
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/1222/4174worlddominationpreview7ga.jpg

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
How to replace the boot screen in Windows XP

Boot screen is actually a file ntoskrnl.exe, which is situated in %windir%\system32\ folder.
There r many ways to change it!

A.) D/l a readymade ntoskrnl.exe file from net, like from *www.themexp.org
Then
1. Backup (copy) the file %windir%\system32\ntoskrnl.exe (most likely C:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe).
2. Download the ntoskrnl.exe (most of the time it'll be a zip file) to your computer.
3. Extract ntoskrnl.exe to a directory other than %windir%\system32.
4. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (hit F8 before the boot screen) or into true DOS (from a boot disk).
5. Overwrite the file %windir%\system32\ntoskrnl.exe (which should have been backed up) with the extracted exe.
6. Reboot your computer as you normally would.

B.) U can use s/w, which can automatically do the same.
Like Style Xp: *www.tgtsoft.com/
Boot Skin: *www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

C.) There is nother way!
Create a 16 color (4-bit) 640x480 bitmap, name it Boot.bmp and put it in c:\windows. then edit the boot.ini file. add /bootlogo /noguiboot to the entry of ur XP.

PHEW!!!! Hope it'll help u :D

And here is a screenshot of mine boot screen: :wink:

*img456.imageshack.us/img456/766/untitled10he.jpg

anandk

Distinguished Member
replacing bootskin could result in boot problems. so if u r nor sure, use 3rdp part software like stylexp or tune-up utilities (i find this one the samest and prefer to use it) or stardocks 'boot-skin free'. 8)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Most easy all-in-one theme manager is StyleXP acc. to me :oops:

U can also try Boot-Skin and Tune-up Utils for this and also patch it on ur own....

About safe.. it depends purely on the version of the boot-screen i,e, whether its made for SPs or Non-SPs ...

Safest will be StyleXP that modifies the screen file to suit it with the sp environment u have :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
ax3 said:
Tune-Up utilities ... website 2 download & size of exe ???
or is it provided in digit cd ???
& whot 2 do if it fails 2 boot after changing boot screen frm 3rd party softwares, step by step
guide plz ???
ps: am very much eager 2 change the screen ... *www.wincustomize.com/ ... has many skins ...

i have stylexp, tune-up, stardocks bootskin free.
but i find tune-up the safest.
*www.tune-up.com/

to be safe, create a restorepoint b4 using tuneup, and hope nothing goz wrong. (dont worry nothing shud...)

aadipa

Padawan
I think BootSkin is safer than StyleXP coz original exe is not replaced but the boot screen is shown using hacked video routines.

adi87

Journeyman
i replaced my ntoskrnl file ( frm the one which i dwnld frm themexp.org) but it didnt boot . it gave error. i had to boot frm Win CD and fix the prob. why did it happen. I use WINDOWS XP Pro. legal copy with SP2 integrated.

Sajeev

Broken In
And here is a screenshot of mine boot screen: :wink:

*img456.imageshack.us/img456/766/untitled10he.jpg[/quote]

Ash looks good even in 16 colors :)

none of my wallpapers look that good in 4-bit

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can use Resource Hacker to change the boot screen!

FOr this u'll hv to edit "NToskrnl.exe" file in "System32" folder.

But its a tricky one coz the image in the file will not be visible in resource hacker and u'll hv to edit it in photoshop with an additional plug-in installed!

The easiest way to change the Boot screen is "Tuneup Utilities 2006" :D

h_kunte

Journeyman
HEy Guys...

I have Windowblinds 5 installed on my system, & I have had many problems using style XP with windowblinds 5......Any suggestions why this might b happening? Are there any compatibility issues of WB with Style XP????

TiA

HK

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its recommended u use only 1 s/w for skinning, coz it might conflict in gaining over the system files if used simultaneously...

expertno.1

Technomancer
I have Windowblinds 5 installed on my system, & I have had many problems using style XP with windowblinds 5......Any suggestions why this might b happening? Are there any compatibility issues of WB with Style XP????
Sorry dude but you cannot use two skinning softwares at once .

It will surely create a conflict between the two with the sytem files used for skinning

Choose your choice and use only one

For changing boot wallpapers use this software : -
Changer XP
Download
*www.coolfilesearch.com/downloads/changerxpsetup.exe

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Why do u want to change the Boot screen in that way?

Tuneup Utilities is the simplest and Best way to do so!

Pls read this:

TUTORIAL: How 2 change XP Boot Screen using Tuneup Utilities! :wink:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
3 programs and a thread to help u :)

Skin Studio of Stardock
StyleBuilder of TGTsoft
Reshack

VG's List of files to be hacked for theming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom