Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
For those involved in investing/trading in Stock Market,"Not a Penny More,Not a Penny Less" by Jeffrey Archer is a nice book !

Robin Cook's "Mutation","Fever" are some good books !

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
True Stories of strange murders in India
URL : *www.amazon.com/True-stories-strang...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207015661&sr=1-1

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Read Life of Pi. Liked it. It was a different kind of fiction.

Reading The Colour of Love by Preethi Nair. Looks to be a good read.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
1. The Magic of Thinking Big - By Dr. David Schwartz
2. You Can Win - By Shiv Khera
3. How to Influence Friends and People - By Dale Carnegie
4. Hoe to Talk to Anyone, 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships - By Leil Lowndes

I have read all of these and experienced a very positive influence. Many may have already read "You Can Win".

drgrudge

^^
Good Read in similar 'genre':
1. Good to Great
2. Build to Last
3. 7 Habbits of effective people

Good but not great titles:
1. Rich dad, poor dad
2. The monk who sold his Ferrari

drgrudge

A short review of the last 3 books, I've read:

1. Screw it, Let's do it. - Richard Branson
It's a 110 Page - 'quick read' book. A good book but there are better book if you want inspiration & motivation. I now want to read Losing My Virginity.

2. The Photography Bible - Daniel Lezano
This was a reference book in my library and I read that in 3 hours without a break. Amazing book if you have interest in photography and stuffs. I now want a dSLR cam.

3. The Sari Shop - Rupa Bajwa
Started off well but lost seam towards the end. I like books like these - fiction mixed with life's lessons (or self improvement). The Colour of Love (Preeti Nair) and One Night @ Call Center were also in the same genre. Any other fiction like these?

And good news for Chetan Bhagat fans. He's working on 3rd fiction: My mistakes at Ahmedabad (or something like that)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
God's Debris - Scott Adams

Free Online Version

One of the most intriguing books i have EVER read.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Its a short book.. Just some 130 pages all in big font.. Shouldn't hurt :)

P.S. Read the entire book, starting from the introduction :)

slugger

Banned
My pick

Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

Yeager: An Autobiography

To Engineer Is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design - Henry Petroski

English August - Upamanyu Chatterjee

Without Remorse - Tom Clancy

Every Man a Tiger: The Gulf War Air Campaign - General Charles A. Horner and Tom Clancy

White Mughals: Love and Betrayal in Eighteenth Century India - William Dalrymple

Critical Mass: The Dangerous Race for Superweapons in a Fragmenting World - William E. Burrows and Robert Windrem
[info a little dated now....was my first read book on geo-politics in school....hooked since then]

Reading "The Polyester Prince - Dhirubhai Ambani"..
Damn good book.. 8/10.

plan to read it myself in a months time :)
(ban notwithstanding)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Chetan's new book

it's due on 8th may which is this week, I'm excited about it, the excerpt looks like another chetan classic in the making!

3 Mistakes of My Life

Excerpt - there's nothing better to start a sunday morning than this :p

Pathik

Google Bot
Re: Chetan's new book

I am looking forward to this. Loved FPS & 1N@CC. Btw manan Do you hav that bonus excerpt? Post it here.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: Chetan's new book

it's a flash can't post it here, i have a mail with the link, mail id de i'l forward it

the excerpt is ok nothing much, just that the professor finds the boy at a hospital, he is still alive, chetan goes to shopping for the chairs with his wife then decides to go to ahmedabad, meets the boy at the hospital then convinces him to tell him his tstory

Last edited:
Top Bottom