Bluetooth Software : usb dongle : urgent response needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hello,

I have a bluetooth dongle, I use to connect my pc to phone. It came with a software name "widcomm bluetooth software". I was using it fine. but as you know windows needs to be formated frequently so I am not a exception and lost the installation. I then again try to installed but Alas my installation CD was wrecked :( . Now i was with dongle but still without dongle. Then i went to local vendor and showed him my dongle, he gave me CD, in cd i found a software named Blue Soleil. I installed and it worked. But it says (software) your device is not liencesd to use the software you can use it in evaluation mode for transferring 5 mb data only.

That's irritating as i connect to net using bluetooth..

I then searched then net and downloaded widcomm software but that one was not able to recognize my dongle.. NOw i m still using bluesoliel but cnt surf netfor long (5 mb limit) then have to restart software.

so if anybody have used Bluetooth software then kindly upload it at *www.rapidshare.de/en/webhosting.html or *www.yousendit.com etc. so that i can download. If u have bluesoleil then don't upload , and also tell me hw I can remove the 5 mb data limit while using bluesoleil.

Waiting

Sourabh

Laptoping
i have the same thing

i lost tht small cd of it but have the installation and drivers of it separately

but i cant upload it coz m on a 24 hr dialup connection and not a broadband

its more than 30 mb i guess

wait a while ill try to help u

Sourabh

Laptoping
man i m Sourabh

yahoo messenger remember anything??

wtf u have im'ed me abt 100 times and now u r asking whom am i and where am i from ??

:shock:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I've got the original WIDCOMM Drivers and the Mavin application stack, which is free. But the setup is still 18MB compressed. I'll see if I can download it at night.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Sorabh.. I forgot the location ..

and I don't like wtf :: When any indian says that it appears tht he is try to be that which he is not !

He enoonmai you can give me the link.. as I have downloaded hundreds of mbs of data only for bluetooth stuff :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ricky mate here ya go
*www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=dm&driver&Item=GBU302

try downloadin from this site....hope its helps :wink:

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Ok.. it is not easy as I thought,

In using bluetooth dongle (if you don't have software supplied with hw) is like eating iron nuts !

After many days I got widcomm 4.0.x.x worked with my dongle. (it required lotsa reading and patching etc ) but problem is that widcomm is too slow .. The blueSoliel is working nice but widcomm is useless :(

Now is there anyway we can make bluesoliel to work with my dongle ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well....as far as i kno widcomm drivers are the best if ur dongle is supported. even if it is not then u can add it to the list urself its easy...

i personally use an Air2U dongle. i had got bluesoliel drivers wid the dongle. i use gprs on ma T610 sync'd laptop for accessing net thru bluetooth. i also use Float's mobile agent.... bluesoliel has lotsa features wid lotsa eye candy too!! but it is not compatible wid many apps n dongles...

i uninstalled bluesoliel and installed patched widcomm drivers instead....

check this link....it may solve ur prob.

*www.jonsguides.com/

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
hey ricky, i dont know if this wud work, but why dont u give it a try?
dload and install the TDK bt stack drivers for TDK Systems bt usb adapter.
*www.tdksystems.com/support/drivers/range.asp?id=1

direct links:

stack driver: *www.tdksystems.com/support/drivers...rl=/download/bt/bluetoothstack.zip&driver=350
pairing wizard: *www.tdksystems.com/download/files/PairingWizard(1).exe

i also have the widcomm device but dialup is a big problem...and the original drivers r nowhere to be found on the net....support has been withdrawn since widcomm was acquired by broadcom.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well..
As I told earlier..

I have now understood many facts about bluetooth which i never imagined of, also have tried many version of widcomm software on many OS , all patched , but speed of net still slow on widcomm. in bluesoliel max download was 20 KBps, here in widcomm max was i think 1.5 kBps..

infr_red_dude said:
So is that givnig same performance as bluesoliel for net ?

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
btw.. I have downloaded around 350 mb of bluetooth software :( but only bluesoliel is giving performance

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Ricky said:
Well..

infr_red_dude said:
So is that givnig same performance as bluesoliel for net ?

yeah same speed. i get an average download speed of 8 KBps. I see no difference in the speed. But all of the software now haf no compatibility problems at all!

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Man .. here I have installed widcomm on fresh winXP and alas no speed.
On bluesoleil i get average of 10 kbps . and on that i got average of 3 kbps..
I think my dongle is uslese to me.. i have to buy a original dku cable :(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
is ur dongle fully supported by widcomm? i hope you haf WinXP SP2 installed. hey buddy i haf the original bluesoleil driver cd wid me...the installation files are heavy tho. where do u live?

ps: do a search on bluesoliel patched drivers on net. you may find someting.

did u visit josguides? goto bluetooth guide, there in subsequent pages you will find a direct link to widcomm drivers 3.1.905 on HP's site and to patched files also. try those and let us kno.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Man.. I have researched a alot about bluetooth softwares.. NOw in search engine whatever link I found, I have mostly visited that.

FYI: I am not able to find any hack for bluesoleil ....

tx for ur reply..
Anyother thing u can suggest ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
where do u live?? i got the full ver of bluesoleil drivers. if u r anywhere near bangalore i can giv u the cd.

cant upload coz its heavy and i am on dialup.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok buddy now all that i can think of is this:

if u dun use ur phone for advanced tasks like bluetooth audio gateway n stuff then uninstall all the drivers and stick wid the basic microsoft bluetooth stack and test performance. do let us kno the results of the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom